Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,107
» Latest member: Linuxuser3
» Forum threads: 15,679
» Forum posts: 114,546

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
3 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 25
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
10 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 65
google will take control ...
Forum: General
Last Post: zetabeta
10 hours ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,212
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
11 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 133
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
Today, 05:47 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,088
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Today, 05:40 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,866
AI posts
Forum: General
Last Post: TRS-80
Yesterday, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 998
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: TRS-80
Yesterday, 02:22 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 630
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
Yesterday, 06:35 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 168
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 05:56 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 595

Cannot boot from SD on Convergence 3 GB model
Posted by: Natzer - 01-19-2022, 09:27 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (10)

I recently purchased a 3 GB convergence edition pinephone and much as I like KDE Plasma on the desktop, I found it rather slow and frequently lagging, so I tried to test Mobian-Posh.
Sadly, the phone never actually boots from the SD card, I'm always greeted by the spinning KDE gear.
fdisk -l and lsblk on the phone do list the SD card.
I put the latest Mobian, Ubuntu Touch and PostmarketOS as well as an old Mobian build (see below) onto the card with either bmaptool or dd, without any issues, though none of them boots.
These threads from various forums

https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/86
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11259
https://www.reddit.com/r/PINE64official/...pinephone/

suggest that this is due to the convergence edition having 3 GB of RAM but apparently displaying it internally as 4, which the builds have to take into account.
However, these threads are from 2020 so I can hardly imagine that this is still the issue. They also mention a Mobian 3rd September 2020 nightly build which works, however it is not listed anymore and the closest thing I found was the 5th September 2020 non-nightly release, though it also did not work.

A very recent thread

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=15703

describes the SD card not working on a 3 GB model, though since it is at least found in my case, I am not sure how related this issue is.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

APN Interface
Posted by: tallfrye - 01-19-2022, 08:50 PM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (13)

Trying to activate my Pinephone with Danctnix/phosh using a Mint SIM. It is showing full bars and a 3G/4G alternating symbol, but data shows an 'x' and I'm not able to do calls or texts. In the Access Point setting screen I've added "Ultra"/"Wholesale" and "Mint"/"Wholesale" according to instructions I've found in a few places, but neither one has brought about successful calls. Is there someplace to enter the other configuration data Mint offers?

This might be on the Mint/T-Mo end, I had trouble with connectivity with the previous phone I tried to activate with, but that was okay for calls just data trouble. I'll call up a Mint rep, but I have a feeling they won't have info on what to do with various PinePhone OSs...

No Application Data PMOS 21.12.1
Posted by: Captain1ndustry - 01-19-2022, 08:45 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (4)

When I open Software I see no apps and am unable to search for any. I've flashed and re-flashed my pinephone with the latest installer image and the app store still doesn't have any apps. I've also run apk upgrade -a  and apk fix. Neither has worked to fix this. Does anyone have  fix for this or do I need to try and submit a bug report?

Hugepages settings
Posted by: zer045 - 01-19-2022, 04:40 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - No Replies

Hello all. I am using a 4gb rock64 for monero node and p2pool. P2pool uses Randomx for faster sync, and it needs Hugepages. What's the optimal Hugepages settings for this device?

Syncing note to nextcloud
Posted by: namegen - 01-19-2022, 02:13 PM - Forum: PineNote Software - No Replies

I am trying to sync my notes via the nextcloud app but I have a hard time finding where the notes are stored on the pinenote. When exported they end up in the internal storage/Note but where are the originals ? Smile

Thanks in advance

How to Disable on-screen Keyboard?
Posted by: dgiffin - 01-19-2022, 05:50 AM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (4)

Another newbie question... so I'm still playing around with my new keyboard - how do I disable the on-screen keyboard from popping up, I don't need it and it really gets in the way. I've run a search here but couldn't see anything. Running stock Manjaro/plasma mobile.

Analog sound
Posted by: acwest - 01-18-2022, 08:49 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine H64 - No Replies

Is the analog sound working in any of the Linux versions currently available? Armbian currently doesn't seem to, as the sound driver for the H6 doesn't seem to be all there yet. Has anybody gotten this working?

KKeyboard: FN+num row does not type what is printed.
Posted by: Hook - 01-18-2022, 07:52 PM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (20)

Ok, this is odd and I don't know if it is the keyboard clam shell case (henceforth, "keyboard") or an interaction with a problem with Manjaro Phosh and the keyboard.

I am using Manjaro Phosh Beta 20.0 with the English (US) keyboard layout (Input method).

According to the keyboard key prints. for Fn+1 - Fn+0, I should see the following when I type: | \ £ € ~ . - = - +

Instead  what I see is: \ \ $ € ' ' - = - =  Note both the missing symbols and the repetitions.  If I switch to German, I get some different characters, but the same pattern of repetitions.

Anyone else seeing this?  Please identify which OS you are using.

Pinephone Pro hardware revision in the works?
Posted by: Gooberpatrol66 - 01-18-2022, 04:49 PM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (1)

I saw on the wiki that the Explorer Edition is targeted at "early adopters". Does this mean a more "mass market" model is in development?

New order
Posted by: kaida - 01-18-2022, 02:52 PM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (9)

I just ordered today (18 of january) but my order says 19 of january .. does that mean that shipping will happen late february ? and that i've been bamboozle by Time zone ?