Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,151
» Latest member: Vista8720
» Forum threads: 15,696
» Forum posts: 114,609

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: treebeard
4 hours ago
» Replies: 25
» Views: 2,523
power button not working
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: Vista8720
Yesterday, 11:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 11:33 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 57
Moving
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: traut
Yesterday, 08:53 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 132
debugging issue realted t...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: SamCoffee
Yesterday, 12:20 AM
» Views: 388
HDMI or VGA From Pinebook...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-06-2024, 09:27 AM
» Views: 626
Pinephone boot.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Richy_T
05-06-2024, 08:32 AM
» Views: 109
Ox64 Without Dev Cube?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
05-06-2024, 12:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 91
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:55 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 388
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:45 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 154

Last update bricked my pine phone :(
Posted by: lacriz - 01-24-2022, 10:45 AM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Hello,

the last time I installed updates (from the Terminal), my pine phone froze after a couple of minutes.
I waited a really long time, was using wifi and connected to power.
I finally made a hard reset (pressed the power button for 20-some seconds), started it again and got -- nothing. Just a black screen and the LED constantly on in green.

I have arch installed on the eMMC.

So, I made a full backup months ago. My bad, I know.

I still would like to know if/how I can access my data that is (hopefully) still on the phone.
Can I access some kind of boot manager during startup?
Could I make a backup of the broken phone and get my data from that backup?
Could I roll-back to some kind of restore point (this would be ideal)?

Any help is appreciated!

lacriz

Pinepower not in store anymore?
Posted by: pljanson - 01-24-2022, 10:44 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (2)

Hi,

I was looking in the store and can't find the pinepower 120W desktop charger anymore.
It was already out of stock but now it seams to eb disapeared?

Does any one know if it will be back?

Regards Paul

pine64 keyboard pogo 'no-go' pins
Posted by: --- - 01-24-2022, 10:02 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (3)

Finally saw my pine64 keyboard battery. Inserted phone (without battery) in keyboard. Pinched across the screen/rear cover pogo pin area and the phone started under keyboard battery power - great, my battery works Smile Released my pinch and the phone (of course) lost all power.

Come on #Luke, many of us have already subsidized the pinephone by buying second motherboards without complaint. Please could you explain why the keyboard case lid is so poor? I have inserted/removed my phone carefully a couple of times and the case around the volume up/down button is already warped. A snap on rear phone case is OK but the keyboard case obviously needs mechanical connection/retention.

pine64 == guinipig64???

Phosh modem on/off effectiveness?
Posted by: Zebulon Walton - 01-24-2022, 09:21 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

I realize that there is no way that shutting off the modem via software can be as definitive as the hardware kill switch. However the switch is a bit of a pain to get to and I don't know how many on/off cycles it can take.

By tapping the cellular icon in Phosh's control area at top of the screen it disables the modem, but how effective is that? Does it actually turn the modem off and prevent it from connecting with the carrier, or does it just prevent messaging at the user level? If left turned off when powering the phone down the modem indicator will stay off the next time the phone is powered up - but until Phosh loads does the modem become active for a short time?

I'm just wondering how functional that software switch is.

Any word on Pinephone Pro performance
Posted by: tckosvic - 01-24-2022, 09:00 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Just got word my pinephone pro has shipped.  Takes a week or so to get to me.

Anyone with any experiences on pinephone pro that may have already been received:  stability, consistency, sms, mms, gps, etc.

thanks,     tom kosvic

RK3399S in pinephone pro
Posted by: kubussz - 01-24-2022, 04:39 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware - No Replies

RK3399S have two cores cortex-m0 (sources: https://download.kamami.pl/p572681-Rockc...170301.pdf). These cores are responsible for saving power. I do not know does it work the same as in OG Pinehone (disable all components).

PinePhone Keyboard
Posted by: KJ6OHG - 01-24-2022, 01:59 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (11)

I just got my PinePhone Keyboard and it is a wonderful little computer now.
But I am over my head with setting it up.
I have searched around and found some information like the wiki page.
My first issue is the pine key, it does not do anything and I cannot type -
The other issue is setting up the user-space driver. The wiki has a link to get it but there is no way I can see to download when I go there.
I would really appreciate any help.
Thank you
Silas

trouble switching window managers
Posted by: junefish - 01-23-2022, 03:57 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - No Replies

I'm running Debian 11, based on mrfixit's image.  The current desktop environment is MATE and I'd like to switch (purely personal preference).  I've installed both i3 and cinnamon, but can't figure out how to switch to using them.  There's no button to switch on the login screen, which is what the internet keeps repeatedly telling me to do.

I dug around in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf but nothing there seemed to have any effect on window manager; also I borked lightdm somehow so it couldn't start.  I've since purged and reinstalled lightdm.

Here's some further info, please let me know what else I can provide to be helpful:

/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

Code:
$cat /etc/X11/default-display-manager
/usr/sbin/lightdm

$ls /usr/share/xsessions

cinnamon.desktop
cinnamon2d.desktop
i3-with-shmlog.desktop
i3.desktop
lightdm-xsession.desktop
mate.desktop

$update-alternatives --list x-window-manager
/usr/bin/i3
/usr/bin/marco

$update-alternatives --list x-session-manager
/usr/bin/cinnamon-session
/usr/bin/mate-session

TIA.

PinePhone running Mobian - Malware extraction?
Posted by: names_fold - 01-23-2022, 03:21 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I have a pinephone that has specific Malware on it. I’m not sure where to look. Could be modified firmware or software within the kernel. I know it affects the display in a few ways. It extends the desktop viewable area remotely. It also causes the display to flash in a matter like inducing a seizure.

Any help is appreciated

Charger diferent A. 0.5 A - 1.5 A - 2 A.
Posted by: iopser - 01-23-2022, 07:42 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hello everyone!

Mobian weekly update.
Well i just release one thing when i charging the pinep.
When i connect to my pc 0.5 A. normal.
When i connect to charger i get 1.5 A ok. the charge can delivery up to 2.5 A. no QC.
When i connect the dock and connect the charger i get 2 A. the same charger.
I tested with another charger up to 2 A no QC, same result.

Mi question. is this normal? 
Is this the correct behavior? Why when i connect the charger directly i dont get 2 A?

Thanks!!