Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,191
» Latest member: cvet52@gmail.com
» Forum threads: 15,710
» Forum posts: 114,688

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
upgrading u-boot--what ve...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: bsammon
8 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 82
Automatic screen rotation
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: hansen
9 hours ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 5,348
Netbds10.0 on Rock64 not ...
Forum: BSD on Rock64
Last Post: KC9UDX
11 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 82
Progress on Wifi Chip
Forum: PineTab Hardware
Last Post: frtodd
Yesterday, 12:28 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 295
Audio output switching an...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: treebeard
Yesterday, 09:02 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 34
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: treebeard
05-17-2024, 07:58 AM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 2,888
USB charging is unreliabl...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: lightwo
05-17-2024, 04:29 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 59
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
05-17-2024, 04:23 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 317
how to enable /dev/i2c-0 ...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
05-17-2024, 12:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 94
Official Debian support
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: rempfer
05-16-2024, 11:00 PM
» Replies: 63
» Views: 52,717

Power In Via DC Out
Posted by: actionhank - 01-28-2022, 09:45 AM - Forum: RockPro64 Hardware and Accessories - No Replies

The wiki notes that the DC Out is a "direct connect from DC-In".

Does this mean I can supply power through this connection?

I am looking to hookup a power supply to multiple boards and don't have any barrel connectors on hand.

UFW
Posted by: Emilio - 01-28-2022, 08:30 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - Replies (3)

I got errors on installation. I uninstalled it. Any one with solutions? Also impossible to install opensnitch

Minicomputers from pine64
Posted by: onerifol - 01-28-2022, 06:28 AM - Forum: General - No Replies

Hello.
I'm thinking of buying a single board computer from you. But some things bother me. Have you removed TrustZone or similar technology? Have you cleared minicomputers from proprietary firmware like Pinephone?Hello.
I'm thinking about buying a single-board computer from you. But some things are bothering me. Have you removed TrustZone or similar technology? Have you cleaned the mini computers from proprietary firmware, as you did for Pine phone?

In QUARTZ64 only software in development stage or a hardware also ?

To QUARTZ64 or rock64 possible to setup any linux with appropriate architecture ?

I have emailed info@pine64.org with these questions and received no response.

axolotl
Posted by: shulamy - 01-28-2022, 03:27 AM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (5)

ii installed axolotl on my pinephone but when i run it from terminal i get

ACCEPT TCP 127.0.0.1:38895: USE OF CLOSED NETWORK CONNECTION WHILE TCP ACCEPTING

the port number may vary

i installed electron and gconf as i found in a post but same error

if it matters the sim is a "car sim" but wifi works

ezik

i installed the axsolotl-bin aur package

Wifi doesn't respond
Posted by: jmlich - 01-28-2022, 02:12 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (6)

I have troubles with wifi which looks like hardware problem. I have PinePhone Brave Heart edition.

I have tried to run different operating systems, but

- 20220119-0503-postmarketOS-v21.12-phosh-13-pine64-pinephone.img.xz
- mobian-pinephone-phosh-20210517.img.gz
- Manjaro-ARM-phosh-pinephone-beta20.img.xz

In attachment is output of dmesg from postmarketos.

And of course I checked hardware dip switch on the back side of pinephone (and tried to turn it off and on again).

I tried to reload module, but it didn't helped:

Code:
rmmod 8723cs
modprobe 8723cs

Where can I find more debug information? 

I can possibly try to check voltage on some pins of the chip, but some guidance would be helpful and I am keeping that as last option.

Attached Files
.txt   postmarketos-dmesg.txt (Size: 40.03 KB / Downloads: 205)

bluetooth heart rate real time monitoring
Posted by: ptmatrtwo - 01-28-2022, 02:10 AM - Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime - Replies (3)

Hi
could be possible with PineTime to send real time heart rate sensor data through bluetooth connection directly (without phone) to a local server ?

Thank you

Pinephone Pro Arrived - A Couple Of Notes About Chargers And Updates
Posted by: phelion - 01-27-2022, 07:35 PM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (17)

So the Pinephone Pro arrived and am really rather pleased with it. Manjaro with Plasma Mobile is nice to use, looks good and the phone responds well. Haven't had a lot of time to play around with it just yet but thought it might be worth mentioning a couple of things if you are expecting your order to arrive soon:

tldr: -With a 2A USB charger the battery charging indicator will show but the battery will not charge and the phone will slowly drain.
      -Updating the base installation of Manjaro with Plasma Mobile may not be entirely straightforward if you assume that a quick 'sudo pacman -Syu' will do the trick.

UPDATE: The 2A charger problem seems to be specific to the Pinephone Pro with the initial pre-loaded Manjaro Plasma OS on the eMMc.
- I'd been trying out Mobian from the SD Card (with the most recent updates applied) and thought I'd just check that the charger still did the same thing as before.
- It now charges fine with that same underpowered charger, so it looks like it's a software issue.

UPDATE2: Now that I've managed to update the Manjaro Plasma pre-installed image on the eMMc, the 2A Charger charges the Pinephone Pro - so it looks like the Pinephone Pro is not quite as picky about chargers once properly updated
- if you're Manjaro Plasma pre-installed image is not updating properly (using 'sudo pacman -Syu' in the terminal) and your phone is not charging, then troubleshoot the updating issue first before your battery runs out!

Chargers
I have quite a few old USB phone/tablet chargers that I use regularly and just assumed that they would work fine, maybe they'd just charge slowly, but unfortunately they are not up to the task - they'll happily charge a Nexus 5 phone and Nexus 7 tablet but I kindof forgot that technology has moved on since 2013 Tongue

I'm pretty sure that the Nexus 7 charger is 5V and 2A but even with the screen off the battery slowly dwindled and had me worried that there was something wrong with the hardware.

Of course it states in the 'Pinephone Pro User Manual - Quick Start Guide' that "The Pinephone Pro should be charged using a 15W (5V 3A) USB-PD power adapter. Charging at a higher voltage may result in damage to the device." but I didn't pay too much attention to that, just happy knowing that I wasn't going to be damaging my device with my low powered charger, but they don't mean 'for best results use a 5V 3A charger' they mean 'use a 5V 3A charger' Smile

Fortunately I have a half-decent laptop with a USB-C port, so I bought a USB-C to USB-C cable at the supermarket down the road and have been able to charge it with that until I order a decent modern charger to use with it.

Updating Manjaro
There were about 312 updates when I first switched on the phone and connected to Wifi. The 'Discover' application told me about the updates and so instead of using the Command Line equivalent of 'sudo apt update' for Manjaro I gave Discover's Update function a try but it threw up some errors.

Unfortunately, running 'sudo pacman -Syu' from the terminal threw up some errors as well (something to do with PGP Signatures and 'unknown trust'). I tried a bit of 'sudo pacman -Syyu' and also 'sudo pacman -Syyuu' for good measure but to no avail.

There is probably a better way to fix the issue directly but I was poking about in the terminal and found a program called 'pinephonepro-post-install' which sounded interesting and after running sudo pinephonepro-post-install it seems to have generated some trusted keys and then let me update using 'sudo pacman -Syu' without issue.

If anyone has any suggestions for a better way to get updates working on the pre-loaded Manjaro/Plasma system, then it could be useful to let others folks know so that they can easily update to the most recent version of Manjaro and Plasma Mobile and test it out on their new Pinephone Pro.

Shutdown
Not sure why this happens but it seems that with my Pinephone Pro, if it's plugged in to a charger then it will start up automatically. Even if it's the underpowered charger that doesn't charge the battery.

Pressing and holding the Power button for 8 seconds will shut the phone down
-A long press of the power button will bring up the Shutdown, Restart options in Plasma Mobile too - shutdown works from there: looks like it has stalled for a little while but then shuts down nicely.
'sudo shutdown now' in the Terminal also works similarly.

BUT if the charging cable is plugged in (even if it's not giving enough power to charge the battery) it starts up again immediately after shutdown.

This may be specific to my Pinephone Pro, but it seems like at the moment it isn't possible to charge the phone without the phone switching on. It might be different when I get a suitable charger, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing this same behaviour with their Pinephone Pro.

Lost all sound
Posted by: Dinosaur1946 - 01-27-2022, 07:34 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

Hi All

Just when I got everything installed and working the way I wanted (including waydroid) , I discovered that I have lost all sounds.
I get no sound on testing the Left/Right speaker test. All settings appear enabled.
Phone ring and speaker both silent.

However I did get rid of a lot of apps in waydroid.
So I uninstalled waydroid and purged everything to do with it. Still no sound.

I have backup .img files, and concluded that waydroid or removing apps was to blame.
I did read somewhere that it takes over the sound control.

Does anyone have any experience or knows how to re-assign the sound back to Mobian.

Regards

EDIT:
Noted that the following services are masked.
alsa-utils.service , it also has no content.
pulseaudio-enable-autospawn.service, it also has no content.
alsa-state.service is static but has content
alsa.restore.service is static but has content.

Now just to figure out which service should be started and running.

Tried removing and re-installing alsa-utils

Most functional distro, as of now
Posted by: Conjada - 01-27-2022, 07:13 PM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (34)

Is there any consensus as to which distro is, at present, the most functional in terms of using the Pinephone Pro as a phone? 

All opinions welcome.

Arch image for Pinephone - where to get it?
Posted by: MikeMan - 01-27-2022, 06:11 PM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (7)

Can someone give me a pointer to where I can get an Arch image distro for the PinePhone?
TNX