Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,184
» Latest member: Gill0319
» Forum threads: 15,709
» Forum posts: 114,676

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Netbds10.0 on Rock64 not ...
Forum: BSD on Rock64
Last Post: Ingen
7 minutes ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 37
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: treebeard
Yesterday, 07:58 AM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 2,863
USB charging is unreliabl...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 04:29 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 04:23 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 292
how to enable /dev/i2c-0 ...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
Yesterday, 12:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 71
Official Debian support
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: rempfer
05-16-2024, 11:00 PM
» Replies: 63
» Views: 52,600
Android Gaming Image
Forum: Game Station Emulation
Last Post: Abeldean
05-16-2024, 09:18 PM
» Replies: 51
» Views: 76,152
upgrading u-boot--what ve...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: bsammon
05-16-2024, 05:59 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
PineTime for kid
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-16-2024, 03:35 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 121
WiFi Walkie Talkies?
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-16-2024, 03:28 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 130

Possibly dysfunctional as a cell phone
Posted by: tckosvic - 02-12-2022, 08:59 PM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (29)

I am finding that if the PPP is off the charger (as in your pocket when you go out) it turns off after about 45 minutes and does not answer calls.  If you activate it with the start button, it still wakes up (not a reboot/restart from cold) and does answer calls.  To me this makes the PPP dysfunctional as to be a usable cell phone if you can't reliably get a call after 45 minutes off the tether.

I am running tests calling PPP with android phone.  It looks like about 45 minutes from a full charge before it goes dead and stops answering after being off charger.  Still at 70% or so battery.  I will continue to test. Manjaro-phosh system.

Are others seeing the same thing or is this just my phone?   How long can you have the PPP off charger and still receive a call?  What if you go out with 70% battery, 50% battery?

thanks,     tom kosvic

No response from Order Support
Posted by: IbrokeTTL - 02-12-2022, 04:41 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

Hate doing this - but have had no response from shipping in 26 days on an order placed in October outside a message saying that this is Hong Kong's problem.

Anyone know how to get a response from these folks?

Hotspot missing on the pinephone
Posted by: thorensjubilee - 02-12-2022, 11:29 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (5)

Hello People,

I have just noticed a missing feature on the pine phone: a hotspot. My pine phone has UB Ports on it and so does my BQ 4.5 original Ubuntu phone. My original phone does have a hotspot in the software but the pine phone doesn't. Can anybody tell me why?

Chris

Hardware keyboard top row keycodes problem
Posted by: cyrelk - 02-12-2022, 04:47 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories - Replies (2)

I've a little problem with the values returned by _some_ keys from the top row, only when used with the 'Fn' key.

For example Fn-1 does not return the pipe character '|' but '\';  '~' returns 'back tick' and '+' returns '='.

A firmware problem or  kernel's driver one ?

PP64 woken up repeatedly
Posted by: Dinosaur1946 - 02-12-2022, 03:11 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

Hi All

I am making progress with the reliability of the pp, and as of about a week ago I am able to leave Wifi On and even waydroid running.

Without waydroid running the battery lasts all day.
Once I start waydroid, the phone gets woken up at intervals and of course uses battery power whilst lighting up the screen.

I have asked this question on other forums, but did not get a response.

Is there a solution to the phone waking up repeatedly ?
I know it is waydroid, as stopping the container eliminates the problem.

Strangely after all I have gone through to get Qr code registration running through Waydroid, Australia is now dropping the requirement to log in.

Regards

PPKB protective case
Posted by: brb78 - 02-12-2022, 12:10 AM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - No Replies

PPKB seems like it may not withstand as many impacts as a phone may be subject to. Anyone find some sort of rubberized skin that might provide some additional protection? A case for a case, I know, but it seems like the keyboard case could use some extra protection.

No boot at all after long time on wall charger
Posted by: tckosvic - 02-11-2022, 08:17 PM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (4)

I left phone on wall charger connection for maybe 24 hours.  Now it will not boot or even turn the lights on to try to boot.  I am running phosh-manjaro from sd card.  System has been updated several times using pacman. 

I removed battery several times.  I removed sd card and reinstalled sd.  I pushed RE button and then tried boot with no indication of anything happening.

Only life is small blue light near top of screen that can only be seen after aligning phone to view it.

Any tricks???   My earlier pinephone was more reliable than the PPP, I hate to say.

thanks,          tom kosvic

NAS setup: weird noise and reboot with 2 3.5" HDs
Posted by: Goffi - 02-11-2022, 06:31 PM - Forum: RockPro64 Hardware and Accessories - Replies (4)

Hello,

I'm building a NAS setup with this:

• NAS case
  • RockPro 64 with 4 Gb RAM
  • Axagon PCES-SA2N PCIe => 2 internal SATA III adapter (I didn't took the one from pine store following wiki advice)
  • 2 Western Digital 6TB "WD Blue" 3.5" hard drives, that I plan to mirror with RAID 1
  • SATA and power cables from NAS case
  • tall profile heatsink
  • 80 mm fan
  • a 12V/5A power (from pine store)
  • WIFI/BT module
  • trying Armbian bullseye, I'm mainly willing to run OpenMedia Vault, and if possible some graphical software (like Kodi)

But when I'm booting, there is a loud noise coming from the HDs, and the board is rebooting often. On first boot I could see the 2 disks but I didn't try to mount (the time to install), and now it's rebooting each time. It looks like it's underpowered, but the 12V/5A power supply should be enough.

I've tried with 1 drive only, it seems to boot normally, without noise.

What can I do? Any check I can do? Any reason that can make the HDD under powered? I can post a video if it can help the diagnostic.

Thanks

Best SXMO experience on PPP
Posted by: getpoked - 02-11-2022, 06:19 PM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - Replies (2)

Hey guys who is using sxmo on the ppp and from what district? Happy with the experience?

Convergence docking bar and keyboard
Posted by: pifou - 02-11-2022, 04:57 PM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (4)

Does anyone know if this way of connecting a PinePhone, while in a keyboard case, to a USB-C docking bar (convergence package) is 100% safe?

Code:
pinephone USB-C -> USB-C docking bar -> USB keyboard
|                                    -> USB mouse
|                                    -> HDMI monitor
|
pinephone keyboard case <- (optional) USB-C supply