Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,137
» Latest member: benroll
» Forum threads: 15,691
» Forum posts: 114,590

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
3 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 284
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
3 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 99
Trackpoint
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
4 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 845
How to eraese defekt SPI ...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
4 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 502
Armbian for Pine64 LTS
Forum: Linux on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE
Last Post: Mark88
6 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Internal WiFi status?
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: cringeops
9 hours ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 11,273
More powerful smartwatch?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: JohnDoes
Yesterday, 02:05 PM
» Views: 90
Current status of pinenot...
Forum: General Discussion on PineNote
Last Post: Dahrun
Yesterday, 11:40 AM
» Views: 1,304
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: laserpyramid
Yesterday, 10:09 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 780
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 04:17 AM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 2,354

Best SXMO experience on PPP
Posted by: getpoked - 02-11-2022, 06:19 PM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - Replies (2)

Hey guys who is using sxmo on the ppp and from what district? Happy with the experience?

Convergence docking bar and keyboard
Posted by: pifou - 02-11-2022, 04:57 PM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (4)

Does anyone know if this way of connecting a PinePhone, while in a keyboard case, to a USB-C docking bar (convergence package) is 100% safe?

Code:
pinephone USB-C -> USB-C docking bar -> USB keyboard
|                                    -> USB mouse
|                                    -> HDMI monitor
|
pinephone keyboard case <- (optional) USB-C supply

Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB
Posted by: dumetrulo - 02-11-2022, 04:21 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (1)

Hi folks! I have a working install of Manjaro Sway on eMMC (and Tow-Boot on SPI), and want to 'reform' it into a setup with full FDE (as much as possible). To do this, I did the following so far:

• Created a USB drive with one ESP and one LUKS partition
  • Created LVM swap and root partitions inside LUKS volume
  • Copied working system from eMMC to USB drive
  • Used manjaro-chroot to install GRUB

This USB drive can now boot from GRUB, and prompts for the LUKS password. After entering it, it takes about 3 minutes to unlock the key, then drops me at the GRUB prompt. It appears that there are no menu entries at all.

Any ideas on how to continue? And on a related note, any ideas on how to speed up the cores in GRUB so that it unlocks the key faster?

7 inch LCD touch panel is upside down?
Posted by: joshpl - 02-11-2022, 03:47 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (2)

Hi,

I've purchased few years ago (actually, 5 years ago!) PineA64+ with 2GB RAM.
Tried to use it with one project, but didn't work as I wanted so I've dumped it.

Recently I was looking for some touchscreen device for few tasks (running an IVMS android app to see CCTV cameras), and just found this old board. After connecting - everything worked fine.
I've decided to buy a LCD touchscreen (since I've tried with some USB-based monitors with touchscreen and they were not supported), but it seemed it's out of stock. However... it occured, that a local company had this exact item - last one, just waiting for me Wink I was thrilled and ordered it.

At first - I was warried: ribbons were so fragile, and I had completely no idea if I'm connecting them correctly. Especially, that when I turned power on - nothing happened at all. Then I discovered that you need to have one of dedicated LCD disk images. Downloaded, ran - yeah, screen works!

But then... a BIG disappointment: touch screen does not work! I tried connecting TP ribbon again, but suddenly the touch input seemed to SOMEHOW react.

After a short investigation - I saw what's going on: the touch input is completely flipped upside down!
When I touch screen in top left corner - system reacts, as if I have touched it in bottom right! Swiping my finger from top left to top right corner is read as swiping from bottom right to bottom left!  Confused

What is going on? I was looking for some settings in screen, display, input section... but couldn't find anything that would help me Sad
Is it some problem with the disk image I've downloaded (3.2.2 Stock Android 6.0.1 (LCD Panel Video Output) [20170209] from official pine64 wiki)? Or is it something physical, like something went wrong during the assembly of the screen? I even thought that I might try taking the screen out from its case and flipping it 180 degrees, but the ribbons are glued to the back of the screen and I'm afraid I would damage them. Nevertheless, the back of the screen looks correct - I mean, the ribbons seem to be placed correctly when I compare it to the PDF manuals that show how to connect the screen.

May it be, that I have connected something wrong? How come? The ribbon cable seems to have contact points only on one side, so connecting it upside down would rather result in having completely no output, right? And, even if - probably forcing other connection would mess up the signal and DC pins, with baked LCD as effect.

Any help? Maybe there's some other option? I was searching for anyone having such problem, but seems like I'm the only one...

Greetings,
-- 
Jacek

No wifi with phosh image
Posted by: wave22 - 02-11-2022, 12:22 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (3)

Hi all,
I wanted to try phosh before installing it, so I wrote Manjaro-ARM-phosh-pinephone-beta21.img to a microsd, but after the boot there is not much I can do because neither the wifi nor bluetooth appear to be working: any hints?

Regards

Dialer sound so low vary hard to hear caller.
Posted by: Shanta - 02-11-2022, 10:21 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hi

I have a problem with hearing callers sending or receiving phone call. Sound generally is OK. phone call volume is barely addable on the ear peace but no sound at all in speaker mode. When raising the or lowering the volume of the call the beep has a normal volume but makes not difference to the call volume.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks
Shanta

No place like Gnome
Posted by: AndyM - 02-11-2022, 08:44 AM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I am using the Pinephone as my only mobile, and on the whole I am happy with the hardware.

I do think, however, that it might be a good idea if some of the software was rewritten for a Linux phone instead of being shoe horned into the pinephone.

I am running phosh on Arch Linux, and as I speak the Settings (gnome) is tiny on the screen. If I open the Bluetooth Settings (gnome) rotate the screen to landscape and the back to portrait, it is also tiny. This is very annoying.

Does anyone agree?

SIM card slot not working
Posted by: dekrets - 02-11-2022, 07:23 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (2)

OS works fine for not being connected to a cellular network, but it never detects the SIM card. I tried putting it in, resetting, getting new distros installed it still doesn't attempt to call or detect the SIM card. If it's of any use for this info, i ended up shaving off some of the ends that would scratch the SIM card for putting it in, but it still shows that the SIM card is not installed and phone calls are not going through.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Is there a troubleshoot page for the hardware of the SIM card itself or if it can be done through OS? I saw that there is a discord channel maybe i can share more info there.

SD Card or other expandable storage?
Posted by: magiwanders - 02-11-2022, 06:24 AM - Forum: PineNote Hardware - Replies (3)

SD cards are almost absent in eink devices nowadays, arguably for pushing people into buying cloud services and discouraging offline personal .epub and .pdf libraries. A linux device has no such conflict of interest, why then leaving sd cards out? 

128GB is lots for a simple eink reader, but gets filled quickly for mainline linux installations (not to mentions personal .epub and .pdf libraries, which can easily be much bigger than that). 

Is there any plan for supporting sd/microsd card expansion or other forms of in-device expansion? Is it possible to mod the device as is (spare connectors on the motherboard and similar) ?

Article: Connect IKEA Air Quality Sensor to Apache NuttX OS (PineDio Stack BL604)
Posted by: lupyuen - 02-11-2022, 01:47 AM - Forum: General - No Replies

This article explains how I read the PM 2.5 data from IKEA VINDRIKTNING Air Quality Sensor connected to PineDio Stack BL604 (with some soldering)

Connect IKEA Air Quality Sensor to Apache NuttX OS