Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,184
» Latest member: Gill0319
» Forum threads: 15,709
» Forum posts: 114,676

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Netbds10.0 on Rock64 not ...
Forum: BSD on Rock64
Last Post: Ingen
44 minutes ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 38
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: treebeard
Yesterday, 07:58 AM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 2,865
USB charging is unreliabl...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 04:29 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 04:23 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 292
how to enable /dev/i2c-0 ...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
Yesterday, 12:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 71
Official Debian support
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: rempfer
05-16-2024, 11:00 PM
» Replies: 63
» Views: 52,601
Android Gaming Image
Forum: Game Station Emulation
Last Post: Abeldean
05-16-2024, 09:18 PM
» Replies: 51
» Views: 76,152
upgrading u-boot--what ve...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: bsammon
05-16-2024, 05:59 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
PineTime for kid
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-16-2024, 03:35 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 121
WiFi Walkie Talkies?
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-16-2024, 03:28 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 130

Installing Ubuntu Server on RockPro64
Posted by: deutschlmao - 02-14-2022, 04:37 PM - Forum: Linux on RockPro64 - Replies (2)

Hello, I'm new to Pine boards and am not sure how I should/can do my installation. I've got a 128 gb ragepro USB stick that I want all my things saved too but I also have a 32 microSD sitting around. So i'm wondering if I should just flash my usb stick or flash my microSD and then just plug my usb in? If the answer is just flashing my USB how would I boot from my USB? 

Thank you for the help.

Battery status always "Charging"
Posted by: dabigjhall - 02-14-2022, 11:33 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - Replies (2)

I'm currently on PostmarketOS with Phosh, and the battery indicator always says it is "charging", even when it's unplugged.  I believe this was also happening on the Manjaro ARM+Plasma Mobile image that shipped on the device, but I didn't check it out in detail.

`/sys/class/battery/status` always says "Charging" too, which I'm guessing is closer to the root cause, but `/sys/class/rk818-charger/status` does update correctly.

Is there a kernel module known to be incomplete here that I could look into?  I'm an experienced software engineer but have not had to dive into this sort of thing in the past, so a starting point would save me a lot of time  Big Grin

This is probably worth a separate post, but the phone is consistently pretty warm when off the charger and drains the battery pretty quickly.  I'm hoping that maybe the "charging" indication is related; maybe it's not managing power as intended just because it thinks it's plugged in.  At any rate, seems worth getting the charging state to work before trying to work around it in power management.

Thanks!

New tip request
Posted by: acwest - 02-14-2022, 10:33 AM - Forum: Pinecil Hardware and Accessories - Replies (8)

Something that does not seem to be currently available, even for TS100, is heat set insert tips, especially for M3, M4, and M5 brass heat set inserts. I hate having to break out my old soldering station when I want to place inserts in a plastic part. Right now I am just using a cone tip for it, but it doesn't align the insert properly.

Flatpak error during apt update
Posted by: user641 - 02-14-2022, 08:35 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

Almost everytime after running a 'sudo apt update' I get this error about flatpak:

** (appstreamcli:4670): WARNING **: 11:33:51.773: Found icon of unknown type 'unknown' in 'system/flatpak/flatpak/cc.nift.nsm/*', skipping it.

** (appstreamcli:4670): WARNING **: 11:33:51.773: Found icon of unknown type 'unknown' in 'system/flatpak/flatpak/cc.nift.nsm/*', skipping it.

Should I be worried?

How to activate developer mode on PPP explorer
Posted by: tckosvic - 02-14-2022, 07:50 AM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (2)

I was looking at: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...er_Edition  and I saw that the adb tools could be used on the PPP developer edition.

I have my samsung android phone set with developer options open so I can delete google garbage etc.  I use adb tools to do the debloating.  I had no idea adb would run on the PPP.  I thought that they were specific to android.

Can/how do I activate developer mode on the Explorer edition?  I can't see any way to do that in settings as there is in android settings.  Is there a method to activate developer mode?

thanks,      tom kosvic

Mimic wuestion
Posted by: Emilio - 02-14-2022, 04:15 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - No Replies

I installed mimic with
Sudo pacman -S mimic

And in the voice text I receive the following message
I have a draft full of virus

What does his mean? Is is only a check or it is really something bad?

Inaccurate temp display?
Posted by: m0b1liz3 - 02-14-2022, 04:12 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil - No Replies

Initially my pinecil worked fine.  But the last few weeks, it displays a super low temp.  When you hit the button, it starts to ramp up but the display stops at about 40c.  The tip itself is way hotter and is capable of melting solder despite the ongoing display temp of around 40c.  I tried a reset but that didn't seem to make any difference.  Any suggestions??

Keyboard stopped charging
Posted by: Shatur - 02-14-2022, 04:00 AM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (7)

I left it charging all night and ppkb-i2c-charger-ctl info gives 2600mV which means the keyboard is fully uncharged. Previosly everything working. I have tried charging the keyboard with and without the phone inserted - the issue still exists.
The phone is charged through the keyboard as usual and the keyboard itself works.
How can I troubleshot it?

Reinstall factory system
Posted by: Emilio - 02-14-2022, 02:01 AM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (3)

Is it possible to do it  in Pinephone pro without via SD?

UBoot in updates - Has boot sequence changed?
Posted by: tckosvic - 02-13-2022, 07:14 PM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (2)

manjaro-phosh ----- As I noticed, the latest updates of this afternoon included UBoot files.  Does anyone know whether system boot sequence has changed in any manner due to these updates?

Another question -- where do you see what the new updates were and what was their intention to accomplish?  

Also -- do new updates move your system to one of the development release levels or a new "beta XX" release level?

thanks for any input?  Particularly interested in what was changed in boot and perhaps charging logic.  That really need some attention.  Costing me and probably alot of other people many hours.

thanks,    tom kosvic