Flashing to the eMMC
Hello, I'm trying to flash Manjaro ARM Phosh to /dev/mmcblk as described on the Flashing to the eMMC section of the wiki.

However, when I run the dd command an error is returned: error writing to '/dev/mmcblk2': No space left on device
1803+0 records in
1802+0 records out
1890381824 bytes (1.9 GB, 1.8 GiB) copied

Using the manjaro-arm-phosh image file.

I've run 
Code:
sudo pacman -Sc

but still no space left. Any thoughts about how to install? I've tried gnome-disk-utility but it doesn't show emmc.

Did a sudo fdisk -l and the mmcblk2 does not display. Thanks!
(06-16-2022, 06:52 AM)prairie33 Wrote: Hello, I'm trying to flash Manjaro ARM Phosh to /dev/mmcblk as described on the Flashing to the eMMC section of the wiki.

However, when I run the dd command an error is returned: error writing to '/dev/mmcblk2': No space left on device
1803+0 records in
1802+0 records out

I've run 
Code:
sudo pacman -Sc

but still no space left. Any thoughts about how to install? I've tried gnome-disk-utility but it doesn't show emmc.

The issue is that you're writing to a file named "mmcblk2" on the microSD card here, instead on the eMMC. Type "lsblk" to list all devices, you will probably see that the eMMC isn't listed there. The second issue here is that the RE button was held too long. The RE button disconnects the eMMC and when you disconnect the eMMC at boot for too long it doesn't get initialized.

To summarize: hold the RE button for shorter, check to which device you're writing to with "lsblk".
(06-18-2022, 11:00 AM)fxc Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 06:52 AM)prairie33 Wrote: Hello, I'm trying to flash Manjaro ARM Phosh to /dev/mmcblk as described on the Flashing to the eMMC section of the wiki.

1803+0 records in
1802+0 records out

I've run 
Code:
sudo pacman -Sc

The issue is that you're writing to a file named "mmcblk2" on the microSD card here, instead on the eMMC. Type "lsblk" to list all devices, you will probably see that the eMMC isn't listed there. The second issue here is that the RE button was held too long. The RE button disconnects the eMMC and when you disconnect the eMMC at boot for too long it doesn't get initialized.

To summarize: hold the RE button for shorter, check to which device you're writing to with "lsblk".

Thanks for the reply. When I log in via the SD card and use lsblk, I see:

mmcblk1
mmclkpl1
mmblkp2
zram0

I've found that I have to hold the RE button for a few seconds after the vibrate has completed for the SD card to boot.
Thanks for the reply. When I log in via the SD card and use lsblk, I see:

mmcblk1
mmclkpl1
mmblkp2
zram0

I've found that I have to hold the RE button for a few seconds after the vibrate has completed for the SD card to boot.
(06-18-2022, 01:17 PM)prairie33 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. When I log in via the SD card and use lsblk, I see:

mmcblk1
mmclkpl1
mmblkp2
zram0

Your eMMC didn't get initialized here, there is only mmcblk1 and p(artition)1 and 2.

I would suggest that you hold the RE button for a shorter period of time, as it seems that you're currently holding it too long.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeviceNotReady After flashing modem firmware nekonosuke 4 506 02-13-2024, 11:36 PM
Last Post: nekonosuke
Bug "bricked" my eMMC tigerbalm69 4 1,374 05-09-2023, 11:09 AM
Last Post: tigerbalm69
  Flash Pinephone Pro image from SD card to eMMC? jcun4128 9 6,524 03-11-2022, 09:09 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Guide: Recovering from not being able to boot to eMMC or working sdcard Ulfnic 2 2,450 02-02-2022, 10:29 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Explorer vs Dev edition - flashing? brb78 0 1,137 12-09-2021, 02:25 PM
Last Post: brb78