Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,506
» Latest member: jennybaso
» Forum threads: 15,843
» Forum posts: 115,303

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
2 hours ago
» Replies: 32
» Views: 6,296
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
6 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 638
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
Yesterday, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
Yesterday, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 52
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 858
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
Yesterday, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 608
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,148
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,292
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 04:11 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,307
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 03:42 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,143

Cluster / Render Farm
Posted by: Ron Piggott - 01-15-2016, 05:20 AM - Forum: Cluster Computing - Replies (15)

Is there any thread on this forum that is dedicated to the progress of Cluster attempt?  I didn't find any matches when I just searched.  My interest in the "Pine 64" is for Lubuntu (Linux) for rendering videos.

Maybe join Tapatalk?
Posted by: drag00n - 01-15-2016, 05:14 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hi, 

I find somehow hard to follow new posts over the "view new posts" on the forum, mainly because it marks a lot of posts as read without me having actually read them... (i don't really know why)

Is there any possibility that you allow tapatalk to be used on this forum? It's a lot easier and fast to follow and answer posts on my mobile or tablet.

I ask because I understand there are no costs to you... if I am wrong and it needs some kind payment by the forum owners then forget about it.

Thanks in advance!
drag00n

Google Brillo IoT OS compatibility
Posted by: AnonSequitur - 01-14-2016, 08:28 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

What is the probability that Pine 64 will satisfy Google's Brillo IoT hardware compatibility?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Brillo

Google is developing Brillo as the IoT OS and ecosystem to do home automation, smart cities, and everything IoT.  

At the moment, Google has approved the Brillo compatibility of Intel Edison or Qualcomm Dragonboard 410c development board.
https://developers.google.com/brillo/?hl=en

Android based Brillo arives-with-hacker-sbc-support
http://linuxgizmos.com/android-based-bri...c-support/

"Brillo can be configured to run within resources as small as 128MB of flash and 32MB of RAM"
Brillo supports "ARM, Intel, and MIPS hacker SBCs."

It would appear that Pine 64 should be compatible with Brillo, but I'm not sure if there is any other considerations I'm missing.

Tablet Enclosure
Posted by: Vachtra - 01-14-2016, 10:48 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (11)

Getting the $89 setup with the touchscreen. I'm hoping for an enclosure that will turn this into a one piece tablet, with room of course for the battery upgrade. I expect it to be a bulky tablet but that's fine.

Analogue audio quality
Posted by: bobhund - 01-14-2016, 02:53 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (10)

I use at this time a Raspberry Pi with HifiBerry-DAC and Kodi as music library/player. Due to my audio setup (vintage analogue amp) I cannot use digital audio. The analogue audio output via phone jack on the raspberry pi was very shitty and didn't work for movies at all. So I had to add the HifiBerry. I'm very content with that choice.

May question is now: How good will the audio quality be via the analogue phone jack on the Pine A64? And will there be any hassle with movie playback like on the raspberry pi? And if you'd advice a "pine-dac", when can I expect it to be available?

Thank you!

1080p @24p video playback
Posted by: dim69 - 01-13-2016, 06:09 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (8)

Hi!
Can I playback on this hardware full hd movie at 24p frame rate?

BackerKit Peripherals/Upgrades
Posted by: TangyGee - 01-13-2016, 04:23 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (28)

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but can't find the info here or on Kickstarter.

I just pledged for the $29 tier (on KS) because I don't care about remote controls on the $59 tier.. however I'd like pretty much all the other things that come with the $59 - like the power supply, enclosure, etc.

The Kickstarter campaign says "You can add add-ons such as wifi, screen, case, a la carte, thanks to Backerkit after your pledge." but I'd like to check the specifics..

Will all the things listed on Kickstarter pledges be available to add on/upgrade from BackerKit - like, with the $29 tier, could I add the enclosure, power supply, SDCard with Android, for a similar or same cost as the $59 tier, or a bit less because it doesn't have the remote?

When adding things via BackerKit, will additional shipping rates be added?

Is the board design open-source/OSHW?
Posted by: myself - 01-13-2016, 03:34 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

Since the backer community is asked to support the development of the product before it's released, is there a tit-for-tat release of the board design back to the community? I'm very hesitant to pledge towards a closed-source product, but delighted to support one that enriches the community by fully embracing open-source principles in its design.

I can't find *anything* either way on the website or FAQ about this issue. Any word from the creators would be appreciated!

Allwinner Mali Information?
Posted by: KPhillisJr - 01-13-2016, 03:11 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

I figured I would start this thread to help gather information about the 3d engine within allwinner devices. I currently know that the latest arm driver release to support the Utgard Micro-architecture is r6p0-01rel0. This driver was released around November 10, 2015. The Mali versions that have possible support for this version are as follows...

• Mali-200
  • Mali-300
  • Mali-400 MP - This is what is in the Allwinner chips.
  • Mali-450 MP
Also, That said here is a short list of the Open source parts for this driver... Now all that is really needed would be to get the user space portions that is compatible with this driver release. I believe the driver that is included is about 4 years old ( r3p2-01rel2 ).

Camera
Posted by: Sasank - 01-13-2016, 09:50 AM - Forum: Camera Module - Replies (15)

I can see that Pine64 supports himax 5mp camera module. Is it possible to have more megapixels camera option? I saw on himax website they have a 13mp image sensor too (HMD131) can Pine64 support it? I am not able to figure out whats the exact difference between HM5065 and HMD131 as I am not an electronics guy!