Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,506
» Latest member: jennybaso
» Forum threads: 15,843
» Forum posts: 115,304

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
48 minutes ago
» Replies: 33
» Views: 6,314
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
11 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 652
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
Yesterday, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 20
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
Yesterday, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 55
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 865
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
Yesterday, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 609
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,150
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,299
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 04:11 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,309
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 03:42 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,143

Kodi on Linux
Posted by: stejep - 01-19-2016, 04:51 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (4)

I have seen many posts about Kodi on Android, but from what I have read Kodi runs better on Linux.

Do we know if Kodi will be ported to 64bit Linux in the Pine.

Steven
Melbourne Australia

CE mark
Posted by: WhizzerDeaver - 01-19-2016, 12:41 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (8)

Hi, 
will the Pine A64 have a CE mark that declares that the product meets the requirements of the directives of the European Union?  Cool

Digital Signage & Linux
Posted by: denniston - 01-18-2016, 01:32 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

I'm looking to deploy several pine64's in our church for digital signage.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the pine64 running Ubuntu would be able to handle the Rise player?
https://help.risevision.com/user/create-a-display

Thanks

shipping costs
Posted by: unkas - 01-18-2016, 12:46 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

HI,

Im interested and confused about shipping to EU, to be exact Finland, will be the 15/19/29 + how much? And when we would know how much is it?

Thank you!

data logger uses - no idea how to yet, thinking/hoping its not too hard
Posted by: Pife-Ster - 01-18-2016, 09:58 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (5)

Hello, I am picking one of these units and hoping to start figuring out these new sub 20$ computer systems (ardunio/raspberry)

I really want to use this to remote monitor my homes heating units.  I want to be able to monitor and record 4 different temperatures, with the capability of adding more, with a simple flow meter.

If anyone has any experience doing this, please feel free to contact me, or if anyone wants to figure this out and get a working model built - also contact me

I don't mind learning, but I also don't need or want to recreate a wheel if its already working.

Thanks

Pife

Compiling Android from source
Posted by: Terra854 - 01-17-2016, 09:17 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

Is it possible for me to compile Android from source code and flash the sdcard's system partition with the new system.img? Is there anything else I need to do other then flashing?

Pine A6+ with OpenVPN
Posted by: sprout - 01-16-2016, 09:13 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (6)

Hi

Congratulations on your $1m KickStarter achievement!  Clearly you have struck a nerve.  I have signed up for the Pine A64+ with 2GB RAM to use to trial Linux, as I'm becoming increasingly interested in open source / disillusioned with Apple.

On a bit of a side note, have you have tested the Pine64+ with OpenVPN?  I know it's not top of everyone's wish list, but it is mine.

I live in rural Thailand, and my internet connection is rather unreliable.  However, I have found that, by connecting to my own VPN server via OpenVPN, I can get speed increases of 50%, along with reduction in latency and increased reliability.

The other thing I've done is to invest in a Peplink bonding router, which allows me to bond multiple ISP WAN connections.  At the moment I'm bonding 4.

However, it strikes me that I should be opening a VPN connection on each WAN connection before they enter the bonding router, so I've been talking with PicoCluster about them building me an 8 board, 4 node cluster, based on Pine A64+, as per the attached diagram.

Will this work?  I don't think the chip you're using is particularly suited for AES encryption, so want to be sure before I spend $800+ on my little project!

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lightbulb Server Oriented Card
Posted by: JigenEagle - 01-16-2016, 05:58 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (9)

Hello, I have been following this project and absolutely love what you have been doing.

I've been looking into DIY cheap server design and was comparing Pine64 against my other options as a good candidate.
The variations of the card all do a good job of catering to well-rounded software development (e.g. mobile, video, and touch).

I was wondering if you ever considered a card variation oriented towards low graphics, high cpu/memory usage?
2-4GB RAM, Ethernet, expansions, and basic video (My server box doesn't need 4K video  Angel ). Things for doing renderings, crunching calculations, running dedicated servers.

I know these generally are made to cater towards wide audiences, but it's just a thought I've been turning in my head as someone who has worked with server stacks.
Or is this a case where I should simply use the Pine64+2GB and just not utilize the extra features?

Many Thanks,
Jigen

Power switch circuit
Posted by: drewh - 01-15-2016, 01:28 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (43)

Since the stretch goal has been passed, the board circuit for a power switch will be there, what options will there be for using or not using it?

Smile Screenshots from Android (android_dd_20160112.zip)
Posted by: taros - 01-15-2016, 09:36 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (4)

Gallery #1: http://imgur.com/a/5MQR2

Has screenshots from booting up (Allwinner and Pine64 logos). 
Has screenshots from AIDA64 (hardware info app for Android).

Gallery #2: http://imgur.com/a/ucKOV

Has screenshots from the Android environment and the Settings.