Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,528
» Latest member: throwawayforvoid
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,339

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 03:28 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 60
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 741
desktop and lockscreen
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 65
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 43
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,335
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,646
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 149
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,441
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Views: 156
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 85

Question how to run netflix on a pine64?
Posted by: bongo - 05-08-2016, 11:07 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (4)

my main reason to buy a pine64 was to run netflix (and some other streaming services which have android clients) using a cable based ethernet connection.

according to the pine64 faq, netflix works fine on the pine64.

so now i got my pine64 (2GB version), and i'm not even able to use the wired ethernet (lan connection not seen). also wifi does not work (using an usb dongle).
i.e. i'm not even able to connect to google play when running android.

so i really wonder what i have to do to get netflix working on this device!?!?!?

any suggestion?

power button - tactile button make and model number
Posted by: DevDorian - 05-08-2016, 06:59 PM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (12)

My friend and I bought into the kickstarter, he received his first. He warned me that the power button was loose inside the box and to look for it when unboxing. It wasn't in the box or the package or anywhere, I was extremely careful in opening it to make sure it wouldn't fall out. I'm not upset or anything about it. I just want to know the manufacturer and model number of the tactile button itself so I can order 2 (power and reset) as I like the side action design (my pine is now in an enclosure that makes top-down operation impossible with other buttons). I have spend a couple hours google searching for spec sheets and such that might have this information to no avail.  

tl;dr Need to know the make and model of the power/reset tactile buttons so I can order them on Amazon or somewhere.

Thanks for reading!

Installing Pine A64 into a truck
Posted by: wesleyhowe123 - 05-08-2016, 06:40 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

I am planning on installing my Pine A64 into the dash of my 2009 Ford F150 as I figure that Ford offers a dash piece that can accomodate a 7" screen.  I'm hoping to hook up to the trucks internal computer as well and see what kind of features I can see (current speed, kms tracked each day, stops made, engine temp, error codes).  As well i'm hoping to put two small screens installed in the backseat for my kids as we travel alot and being able to control their monitors from the dash would be handy.  I am completely new to this kind of thing and any suggestions or ideas would be a super big help.

Cannot install Plex Media Server under Arch Linux
Posted by: malevolent - 05-08-2016, 04:56 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (2)

Hi there,

I'm trying to install plex-media-server from AUR and it seems I can't. I must say I have it installed on a bananapi pro and it works just fine but it cannot transcode some videos, so I bought PINEA64 to see if it would improve.

But it doesn't compile...

First thing you must do is remove the prelink dependency because it seems brokem on arm, like I did on the bananapi, but then appears that error

Code:
==> ERROR: plex-media-server is not available for the 'aarch64' architecture.

So it seems plex provides packages for "arm" and "armv7h", but not aarch64.

Anyone has tried to make it work under PINEA64?

Android 5.1.1 Image 20160505 wiki links
Posted by: kinbeowulf - 05-08-2016, 03:51 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (7)

Thanks for the Android images suitable for 'dd' in varoius SD card sizes.  As I don't use Windows, the previous images were painfull.  Some of the download links on

for the various regular and rooted Android 5.1.1 Image Release 20160505 SD card images appear to be wrong.  For example, both of the 32GB microSD card links point to the same file:

21d720fa0aeaceedeef53492437539f2  android-rooted-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64-32GB.zip

Thanks.

PogoPlug replacement
Posted by: virtuallyunlimited - 05-08-2016, 01:45 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

Hey everyone! Got my Pine64+ and am very pleased with the results. I am using Longsleep's Arch Linux build as I wanted something headless and light. It looks like he has stopped building arch, but I am happy with what he has done.

So my goal was to replace a Pogo plug that I had setup with the following services:
SabNZBd
SickBeard
Couchpotato
CrashPlan
MySQL
Mosquitto MQTT broker
Headphones
Samba

I used instructions from the following link to get the Pogo up:
http://blog.qnology.com/2013/03/tutorial...linux.html

I am essentially a Linux noob, but I was able to get everything going both on the Pogo and now on the Pine.
I moved to the Pine for the Gig ethernet and much faster processor. Post processing RAR files on the Pine is a much better experience.

With the Pine I picked up a 4tb USB hard drive and knocked together a really basic mounting plate for the Pine. I then just used double sided tape to attach that to the hard drive. I'd attach a pic, but it looks like I don't have those permissions.

Any all in all my new Pine is now a nice little NAS/Usenet/backup device and I am quite pleased.

2GB Pine won't boot up
Posted by: belkakari - 05-08-2016, 11:21 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

I've recently recieved my pine a64+ and couldn't boot it up. I've tried remix os and ubuntu from pine wiki. There might have been some kind of electrostatic discharge, but i'm not sure. LED is bright red like everithing is ok

Is there a way to find out why the pine is not booting?

Mounting USB hard drive - error registering v4l2 subdevice
Posted by: Ruckus - 05-08-2016, 10:20 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (4)

Hi,

I've tried a few installs of the latest ubuntu now and every time i mount an external hard drive (using a powered usb hub) i get the same error and the unit will no longer reboot properly with or without the hard drive attached.

[VFE_ERR]Error registering v4l2 subdevice No such device!

I was hoping to use my pine to replace my existing pi headless torrent seebox making use of the gigbit ethernet and faster processor but so far i've not got any use out of it at all, is this error going to be repaired in future kernals?

Thanks.

i guess the latest version of debian yeilds the same related problem. has anyone managed to get a usb hard driver to remain workable or do i have a bum board?

TvHeadend works beautifully
Posted by: coleshores - 05-08-2016, 08:58 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

I was previously running TvHeadend on a Raspberry Pi 2 and I bought the Pine64 strictly for headless server duty to replace the Raspberry Pi 2.  The Raspberry Pi 2 was able to handle about 30 channels perfectly of 60 with the rest being very mixed success; The on the rest the was inconsistant, the audio was not syncing with the video, laggy, particularly on Standard Definition channels which was weird.  I bought the Pine64 for the gigabit networking to it up as a DVR.

After switching to the Pine64, it handles all 60 channels perfectly, including the standard definiton ones as well as the ability to run DVR as far as I could tell from the last few days, hasn't skipped a beat.  As far as the audio/video syncing fix I wonder if it was from compiling the TvHeadend source code to aarch64 which has better NEON optimisations at the compiler level.

Im glad you guys posted how to set up Plex as well, got that installed.

I have to say I am quite happy with the device.   Smile

Pine tracker site like http://rastrack.co.uk?
Posted by: frewind - 05-08-2016, 05:56 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (11)

Hi,

Anyone interested in this idea? I've reached out to the guy that runs http://rastrack.co.uk to see if he would be interested in doing it, or providing his code base for me to kick it off for the Pine.... We'll see what he say's he may tell me to 'Go forth and multiply' Smile

Any way, your thoughts please.