Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,528
» Latest member: throwawayforvoid
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,339

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 03:28 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 60
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 741
desktop and lockscreen
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 65
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 43
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,335
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,646
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 149
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,441
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Views: 156
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 85

Gigabit Ethernet issue and Android update
Posted by: sledride - 05-10-2016, 07:11 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (8)

Hello,

Just flashed my SD card to the 20160428 of the Android 5.1.1 image and having the same issue as everyone else with Ethernet when connect to gigabit. My connection speed is very very slow or doesn't work at all. Is there any fix to this other than connect to 100Mbit switch?

I see that there is a newer version of Android 5.1.1 released - 20160505. Is there way to update to this release over the internet rather than having to re-flash the SD card?

Device: Pine64 2GB without Wi-Fi / Bluetooth

Thanks and looking forward to be able to actually use this Pine64.

Install node.js on Ubuntu (via npm)
Posted by: Zhara - 05-10-2016, 06:42 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (5)

I needed the latest version of node.js (6.x) on my new pine64. When I installed node.js via apt-get, the 4.x version was installed.

So this is, what I did to get node.js 6.x:

First I installed npm:
> sudo apt-get install npm

After that I could install node.js via npm
> sudo npm i node-linux-arm64 -g

Checking the version:
> node -v
v6.1.0

Done  Smile
#nodejs #node.js

Can I Use 2 Pine Power Supplies on 1 Pine A64 Board Using the Euler Port?
Posted by: Bob123456789 - 05-10-2016, 03:01 PM - Forum: DC Power In - Replies (2)

I bought two Pine boards with 2 Pine power supplies.  On both boards I intend to do some serious use of the processors.  I haven’t received my order yet.  Based on what I am seeing on this forum I can likely expect to have voltage drops using the Pine power supplies.

I have already bought two of the official power supplies and I don’t want to spend more money than I have to. 

My question is if I do encounter power issues, can I take the two official Pine power supplies cut the USB plug off and power one Pine board using them together through the Euler e connector?  Pins 2 and 4 are “Power in” while pins 6, 9, 14, 20, 25 and 34 are “Ground”.  Can I connect one Pine power supply to pins 2 and 6 and a second Pine power supply to pins 4 and 9?

Then I would have to buy one 5 V power supply that is larger than the Pine power supplies (> 2A) for the second board.

This would let me only have to buy one new power supply instead of two and save me from throwing away the two new Pine power supplies.

Pine64 questions before purchase
Posted by: frankm - 05-10-2016, 01:12 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (5)

What video driver does this support, anything the same as UBUNTU?
Frame rates to expect with the camera on streaming video?  at least 320x240 15fps
Network speed and range with onboard wifi?  I need at least 100 feet
range of bluetooth?  Need at least 10 feet.
Which ubuntu build will work on this thing?
Are cases available for the camera?
Power supply required? 

If the above are adequate, it will save me a lot of time and external dongles from using my raspberry pi

thanks

Frank

Samba Server
Posted by: nomadewolf - 05-10-2016, 11:43 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (17)

Hi all,

My main goal for the Pine64 is to run it as simple samba server (Gigabit ethernet, yay).
I'm currently using a Raspberry Pi B+, but 100M is just terrible.
Do you think it's worth the upgrade?
Has anyone done this?
I would like to know abou t stability, speed and ease of setup.

Cheers.

Lightbulb Benchmarks - Let's share our benchmark results?
Posted by: saturos - 05-10-2016, 08:08 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hello,

I think it would be interesting to see people's results as some of us might be running it with a slow microSD or low power supply and don't know that it could run faster. 
Personal experience: I tried two microSD and both were quite  slow, after I bought a Samsung Evo+ it's running much faster, still not as fast I expected it to be. It's slower than my Sony Z3 Compact Phone - maybe I need a better power supply. I used Antutu Benchmark to test my Pine64.

Model: Pine64 1GB
Cooler: No
microSD: Samsung 32GB EVO Plus (MB-MC32DA)
Power: Asus PSM06K-050Q (5.2v 1.35A)
Antutu Score: 22413

Dallas 1-Wire Support
Posted by: ItsDave - 05-10-2016, 03:01 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (31)

Hello -

After several hours wasted trying to get the board to boot up (don't use unetbootin!) I finally managed to get Ubuntu installed
on the Pine 64 2Gb. I am trying to get it to read a Dallas 1-wire sensor from the GPIO Headers (Using pin 4).

I've installed the ported GPIO library for the Pi which doesn't seem to be able to read the device.

Has anyone managed to read data from the Dallas 1-Wire interface yet?

Also I read somewhere that the Pine64 supports analog connections - what pins support analog sensors?

Android SD card fails
Posted by: bluebird1002@ymail.com - 05-09-2016, 03:25 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (8)

Trying to create Android Boot SD and i am failing. Advise needed.

Running from Windows 10 64 Bit.
Micro SD card: 64 Gb

Downloaded following to my laptop

• For 64GB microsd : Android 5.1.1 Image Release 20160505
  • Phonix Card Image (Extracted zip file and it has .img file not sure how to extract exe file from it.)
fYI: Tried on PhoenixCard_V310_20130618 with above android image file and it says script file not found.try on latest version.

Cheap Cable Example again
Posted by: rahlquist - 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM - Forum: DC Power In - No Replies

Just to give you a good visual. Ordered some new DuPont jumpers the other day so I can stop using microusb to hook power to my pine. The new cables are fairly light would guess 28awg or higher. So I decided I would run 2 pair to halve the resistance. 

http://imgur.com/a/9u2ze  

Shows the progression. First pic, one pair, second pic one pair plus an additional ground, last pic an additional V+. 

Just keep in mind I am pushing 5.2V in which is "beyond the design recommendation" but look at the output on usb from the pine..

Remote access to Mate desktop using VNC
Posted by: jl_678 - 05-09-2016, 01:11 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (2)

Hi,

So I am trying to do the above and got everything working using X11vnx.  I get all the way to the point that the remote VNC viewer can view the Mate login screen.  This is when the problems occur.  I input the correct credentials and then the VNC session dies.  Below is a link to someone else who had a similar problem.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/288647/vn...alid-login

Now before I go and start trying to monkey with the system as described here (http://superuser.com/questions/524811/ho...spberry-pi), I want to see if anyone else has seen this and has a simple solution.  My four Raspberry Pis just work with VNC and so I am straying far from my comfort zone and general knowledge on this one.

I would love to know if anyone has addressed this situation successfully, and if so, how they did it.  If not, I will cross my fingers and try out the solution listed above although I am afraid that it might break other things....

Thank you!

JL