Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,528
» Latest member: throwawayforvoid
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,339

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 03:28 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 63
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 750
desktop and lockscreen
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 66
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,337
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,651
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 152
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,449
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Views: 156
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 89

Pine64 2G never up w/ strange Chinese words + w/o S/N
Posted by: tankie64 - 05-13-2016, 11:05 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (1)

Anyone encounters the same thing? There is no serial number on the board and somehow some Chinese words attached to the board. Does anyone understand what those Chinese words really mean...? I am suspecting it's a faulty board... Attached please find the photo for the board I got...
    Huh

Big Grin My pine is ready to ship! What's the status on emulation?
Posted by: pqueiro - 05-13-2016, 10:16 AM - Forum: Game Station Emulation - No Replies

I've been trying to keep up with things (both on KryPtAlIvIaN's Compatibility thread and on Recalbox's GitHub) but things are at the moment less than clear. As far as I can tell, there's scattered reports of various games working here and there, but not much else.

So the question is... what's the status?

My plan at the moment is to slap Ubuntu on it and try to build Retropie from source. I have no idea if this is going to work though.

Recalbox's fine folk seem to be converging on a working solution - should I hold off for that instead?

Thanks!

Sad Snow-like noise in dark areas of video
Posted by: RanTalbott - 05-13-2016, 07:27 AM - Forum: HDMI Port - No Replies

I'm using the latest 16.04 image (xubuntu-xenial-20160501-longsleep-pine64), and seeing some annoying noise in dark areas of the screen. Mostly (near-)black ones, but some dark blue ones.

The noise is small numbers of individual pixels flickering between the expected color and a light one (maybe the 1's or 2's complement?? It looks a little yellowish when it's on blue). I don't see it on a normal desktop display, except in the terminal emulator window while the "logout" popup is displayed.

It's not always present in blue areas of the screensavers, but does show up sometimes.

It's always there during video playbacks, with videos recorded using the XviD, DivX 5, and MPEG codecs (all the types I've tried). It also shows up in MJPEG streams from an Axis camera. So it doesn't seem likely to be a codec bug.

It looks like it's probably either a hardware or a video driver bug. Any suggestions on how to isolate it?

Thanks,

Ran

How to root Phoenix Card images?
Posted by: octopus - 05-13-2016, 06:50 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (5)

Hi,

I used the phoenix card image from Android 5.1.1 Image Release 20160505 but it seems it's not rooted yet and the tool is not pre-installed on it.

Can you tell me how to root it?

Thanks

Led label on the board
Posted by: Ophir - 05-13-2016, 06:48 AM - Forum: Getting Started - No Replies

Hi, 
I found out that on the Pine64 1GB has a LED label. 
What could I do with this connection?

USB hub as to connect some extra device
Posted by: Ghanshyam - 05-13-2016, 04:30 AM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (21)

Hi 

I would like to connect my usb keyboard and mouse to my pine 2gb using usb hub I am currently using Remix OS 2.0 .
When i connect directly the usb keyboard and mouse to pine it works absolutely fine.

But problem as pine have only two usb port when i have connected  usb keyboard and mouse i would also like to connect my external hdd and usb pendrive.
so i tried to use 4 port usb hub but it was not able detect or not working the usb keyborad and mouse   
I like to knew its this problem with Remix OS or o/p usb power is not sufficient to use hub.  Huh Huh

fake board
Posted by: hazerty - 05-13-2016, 02:27 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (13)

I have find a pine64 board in taobao store. these are a fake board ?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5263...oSite=main

Debian root's password?
Posted by: rayivy - 05-12-2016, 08:37 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (2)

Hi,
    Who can tell me the debian root's password? Thank you very much. Smile

How to set up auto logon?
Posted by: thehamguy1 - 05-12-2016, 03:55 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (18)

I've just installed the 0508 version of Debian Jenny with Mate from the Pine64 download site and want to change the logon procedure so that it boots to the desktop without needing my input. I have x11vnc installed but I can't run completely headless since I need to use the USB keyboard to log on before the system finishes booting and brings up X11VNC.
I thought it'd be a simple thing to do, but there's no entry in any desktop menu I can find to change the logon (or even the User name). I'd expect to find it in one of the system settings but no go. I'm marginally capable of editing a config file if someone will just tell me which one, where it is, and the changes to make. I'm elderly but not blind, but did I miss the boat here on changing things via the GUI?

On/Off Switch Pad Working Bad
Posted by: RaspiBit - 05-12-2016, 12:51 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (20)

When I try to power on my Pine from the power button the board it seems to boot up but it goes off after a few seconds. It doesn't matter what I try, I'd like to know if my board is faulty or not.