Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,533
» Latest member: Araong
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,346

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
8 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 473
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
10 hours ago
» Views: 75
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 180
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 114
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:38 AM
» Views: 885
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 765
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,460
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,674
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 167

Only received the battery. Still waiting on Early-Bird February Pledge items
Posted by: bdiddleski - 06-23-2016, 07:11 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (3)

Received the lithium battery 18 June. Still waiting on my board, plus a few other backerkit addons.

My backer number is 1,737

I'm trying to be patient and understanding. I just don't get why the early bird folks were pushed to the back of the queue. Everytime they finally reply to an email, it's always "your pledge is ready to ship, it will ship in a couple weeks." This isn't my first time pledging on Kickstarter, and I understand that delays happen. And I sympathize with the folks behind Pine. But the repeated non-answer answers are getting old. Still excited to eventually get my board and try it out.

Announcement: OMV (OpenMediaVault) for PINE64
Posted by: DuDu371 - 06-23-2016, 04:47 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (11)

Hi everyone,

I'm proud to announce OMV for the PINE64!

Quote:OpenMediaVault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux.

This build is based on Debian base image built by Pine64.Pro but with the kernel updated to 3.10.101 BSP Kernel built by community member longsleep.
I have tried this image only on the Pine64+ (1GB version) becouse it's the only one Pine that i have (for now Wink ).

You can download the image at this link http://greenteadev.com/download/Pine64/O...09-2016.7z

The default login data for shell/SSH are:
-Username: root
-Password: openmediavault

For the web interface, the default login data are:
-Username: admin
-Password: openmediavault

Performance
With a USB2.0 HDD attached the pine is able to pull out 30MB/s through Samba!

Changelog:
08-09-2016
  • Added OMV Repo for easily pushing updates and finaly support for the plugins (only OMV official plugins for now)
  • Some system updates
  • New 3.10.101-4 BSP Kernel

NOTE:
  • The version of OMV that is used it's in beta so is not so stable XD
  • The minimum size for the SD is 3GB (so 4GB)

well, I have a nice GUI, now what? Help needed please
Posted by: tim.bob.mason@gmail.com - 06-23-2016, 03:04 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (11)

Hi,
I followed the start guide and have a nice looking Mate de similar to ones I've seen and used...... but theres nothing on it...... I can open the terminal, and there's an icon for my home folder..... Confused I tried to post a screenshot.....it wont attach....

Part delivery
Posted by: Trotski - 06-23-2016, 03:02 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

ok so my Kickstarter pledge was as follows:-

1  64GB MicroSD Android
1  7" LCD Touch Screen
1  PINE64 International 5V Power Supply
1  802.11BGN Wifi/ BT4.0 Module
1  PlayBox Kit
1  PINE A64+ 2GB

Yesterday I actually got the screen, the pine A64, the power supply and a lose switch, with a slip of paper telling me that the playbox will be sent later, who should I contact regarding the other missing items, the wifi module and the SD card?
If it helps my backer number is 14,091

Camera is working on Linux
Posted by: @lex - 06-22-2016, 06:17 PM - Forum: Camera Module - Replies (50)

The camera module is working on Linux 3.10.102.
Have a look here: http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic...or-pine64/

Question HDMI Input
Posted by: sank - 06-22-2016, 03:13 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (4)

I have a camcorder which provides HDMI output. I want to input this video feed to pine and run an image processing on it. So I want to know if there is a way I can input an HDMI video to the pine board and process the video feed. I was also wondering if the HDMI port provided in the pine board can also function as HDMI input.

ubuntu not shutting down having to unplug pine64 to turn off.
Posted by: puchinpuchin - 06-22-2016, 08:08 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (2)

How do i shut down pine64? when i try to click power off it doesnt do anything. Only way I've been able to shut down pine64 is by unplugging psu. I dont think that good to be doing it that way all the time....? thanks in advance

Tracking Help
Posted by: mgilbert65 - 06-22-2016, 06:02 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

Shipped On 05/27/2016
LS888446843CN

Will be a month next week.  No packages received to date.  Tracking number not valid.  As I understand it, there was an issue with the postal service in China not scanning the packages.   This leaves the door open to all kinds of dishonesty.  I'm holding out hope though.   If anyone out there is listening, an update would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

First impressions and feedback on my Pine64 experience
Posted by: MacFizz - 06-22-2016, 03:13 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (12)

Hey
Just wanted to give some feedback on my pine64 experience if it can help anybody.
I ordered 2 Pine64 board, a 1GB and a 2GB.
I didn't experience any problem regarding delivery and delays (I did receive the notification of shipment a week after actually receiving the parcell).

My configuration is:

• Rpi B running openelec (Kodi). Runs smooth with HDMI CEC (using my TV remote), but some limitations apply (no HEVC, limited choice of skins, slow interface)
  • Rpi B+ running raspian with mpd, transmission, squid, DHCP server, MySQL server (it's crowded and might not be always very responsive)
My goal would be to have:
  • Rpi B running Volumio or straight mpd
  • Rpi B+ running raspian with squid, DHCP server
  • 1 GB Pine64 running kodi (ontop of whatever might work)
  • 2 GB Pine64 running http server, owncloud, MySQL server, acting as a NAS
  • Odroid C2 with XRDP for a remote workstation
First off, for a media center comparable to the Rpi running openelec, Pine64 is a no go. Kodi on Android is slow and unstable (no CEC). Kodi on linux is unusable. Videos will play but as there is no 3D support for now, UI is extremely slow. And also no CEC.

For the other Pine, I planned to use Ubuntu but after several attempts, I installed Debian that seems to be more stable and all the packages (especially MySQL, PHPmyadmin) install and work fine.

So for me and for now there a few things to know:
  • for a nice media center, Pine64 is useless (no 3D HW accel, no CEC)
  • the arm64 is still young, so some things might not work out of the box (LXDE, Xubuntu-desktop are buggy for now).
  • Better try several different OSs depending of what you want to do with your board. Many different linux are available and there's also Android and RemixOS
  • Some problems are not specific to the Pine64 but are arm64 or distribution specific
For many things we'll have to wait a bit and for others, I wonder if it's going to happen at all (HDMI CEC).

So, here it is.
Any thoughts ?

Android web browsers = horrible
Posted by: blktiger - 06-21-2016, 11:10 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

The native browser and Chrome are just BAD. Pop ups everywhere, java script running wild. I tried to install Firefox from Google Play, it failed. I searched for a downloadable version of Firefox I found an .apk file. It installed perfectly. Then I added NoScript and Adblock. SO much better.

Super slow download but well worth the wait:
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5274-f...droid.html

Choose the "direct download" option