Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,533
» Latest member: Araong
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,347

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
4 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,556
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
9 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 474
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 06:54 PM
» Views: 75
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 181
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 115
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:38 AM
» Views: 888
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 765
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,467
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,674

First cable for Euler Bus power done!
Posted by: AVL2016 - 06-23-2016, 10:25 PM - Forum: DC Power In - Replies (24)

My little project for tonight (I forget how shaky my hands are until I start soldering..)

[Image: 2a4xnxy.jpg]
[Image: 28hzrqp.jpg]

I'm using a USB-A 2.0 connector on the one end (for my Anker power brick) and a .1" pitch 3 pin receptacle on the other end, with 20 gauge wire in between. 

I threw some braided cabling and heat shrink on to cover up my sins Smile

If there is any interest in a more detailed write-up and part numbers etc. just post here and I should be able to get it up sometime this weekend~

AVL

Question False advertising ?
Posted by: diofantos - 06-23-2016, 09:27 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (28)

So i've been thinking about getting one of these Pine64 2gb version .. Looking at Pine64.com they say "PINE64: WORLD’S FIRST $15" - "Supercomputer" , "Gaming machine" etc.. 
Everything looked great since I'm just looking for a SBC to run a mediacenter (basicly just run Kodi), specs tells us Pine64 is more than capable, so i started researching user experiences with Pine64, and there is where everything goes to crap , so to speak .. 
Seems to me like the problem is all software related, like no drivers for the GPU so it's pretty useless as a mediacenter, specially if you want to go 4k.. 
Another problem seems to be with shipping, there seems there are ALOT of customers unhappy with shipping.. 

So from what i can gather is that by ordering a Pine64, i will get a great useless hardware that will be delivered way too late ;Wink

So should their claims be considered False Advertising, cause it's basicly useless as a gaming machine, it's surtenly not a supercomputer, neither is it a mediaplayer ? (YET)

I add the "yet" part, cause with propper dev attention this board could be awesome.. 

Personally after a bit of research, i dont have much faith in the project right now ( and i really really really hate late shipping ) so I think i will go with a Pi 3, and revisit the Pine64 idea late fall or something to see if it's still just a useless hardware, or if they will have solved some of the current issues and sorted out their shipping department..

Order status, please help
Posted by: johntron25 - 06-23-2016, 02:53 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (8)

I am not angry, I am not here to rant. I am here to humbly request any update to my order.

I am backer #6,794
My card was charged in 03/07/2016 for a total of $45.97.
I received the board and the dongle mid April and nothing else.

My order:
Pine A64 1GB received
Wifi/Bluetooth Dongle received
7" LCD touch screen waiting
Acrylic open enclosure waiting

Survey is Answered

Rewards and Add-ons are Locked

Credit Card is Charged

Shipping Info is Locked

Rewards are Shipped

There is only 1 tracking number listed on backerkit, it's for the items i already received and it's no longer working.
I noticed that other backers have received their LCD screens and/or Acrylic cases.
Any form of communication with pine64 has been fruitless. I am at my wits end. This forum is my last resort.

Any information is helpful. Thanks in advance.

Missing WiFi/Bluetooth add on
Posted by: Kraizk - 06-23-2016, 01:55 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

I recently received my pine 64 and while most things seem to be in order I am missing my wifi module i paid extra for. I received the board and the power supply but am missing my case and wifi/Bluetooth module. I know the cases are on delay however not shipping or giving me an update on a piece as important as this add on is confusing and concerning. All attempt to contact someone for help have been left unanswered. Reaching out to the forums to know if anyone else has had this happen and if anyone else knows another route to go to try and get a hold of someone. Thank you for any assistance you can offer. 

I am backer# 2,982

This is scam
Posted by: manojvattvila - 06-23-2016, 10:18 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (13)

To, 

PINE64 TEAM
Pine 64 Inc.
1825 Houret Ct
Milpitas, CA 94539

Sub : Regarding Cancellation of My order no.#8161546 by PINE64 Team.

I, Manoj A S a resident of India have order  PINE64A64+ Board 2GB through the eCommerce website https://shop.pine64.com on 13th May 2016, 9.35 AM IST for US$41 including international shipping. 

The Payment was done through my INTERNATIONAL DEBIT CARD. The amount has been debited from my bank account immediately and I have received an order confirmation mail from sales@pine64.com with order ID no.#8161546.

I was eagerly waiting for the shipment of my order. But i received a mail on June 18th 2016, 8.54AM IST stating that there was a payment gateway error  for order from May 1 2016 to May 20  2016. and it was mentioned that the eCommerce site was not actually charging for the orders for the above mentioned period. 

This may be true with Credit card transactions. But in my case i have made the payment through INTERNATIONAL VISA DEBIT CARD. In the case of Debit card transactions the amount will get debited immediately from the buyers bank account and credit to the eCommerce website's bank account within an hour

It is highly intolerable to cancel my order which i have paid for stating payment gateway error without even cross checking the orders with payment received or not. I request the PINE64 team to verify the case and if the team is not willing to execute my order. please refund my order amount.

No info, no shipping, no reply.
Posted by: CaptainBasculin - 06-23-2016, 10:14 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

My order didn't came out. I placed my order in Feb 4, and the promised date was May 2016. It's almost the end of the next month. Why? I can understand if there are any problems, but support doesnt give a sh*t about us! It is said that my order will be shipped before may, not later. 1 month has passed. No information. Hell!
Edit: My order starts with 102
Edit 2: Order is shipped, thanks!

Accessing services from LAN
Posted by: MacFizz - 06-23-2016, 09:39 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (1)

Hi
I've installed debian and a few things, including xrdp (I'm using it headless with xfce4), apache, phpmyadmin, webmin, owncloud.
All those work without any problems.
Then I installed transmission-daemon (from apt) and I installed mpd (from sources)
My problem is that I can connect from a client installed on the pine but I can't connect from any other computer.
The pine has a static IP given by router's DHCP.

My various tests gave me that:
When using midori on the pine, I can access the transmission webui with 127.0.0.1:9091 but it won't work with localhost or the pine' static IP showing a 403 message.

Any clues?

display resolution setting
Posted by: frustrated1 - 06-23-2016, 09:37 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (6)

I have ubuntu running
3.10.65-4-pine64-longsleep

My monitor is a Dell 1708FPt - same as the one on the link below.
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-1708FPt-17-i...B0021HRWJM

No matter what I set using sunxi-disp-tool the resolution is not correct and I end up with some of the desktop missing from the screen.

Closet I've got is using the below command:
sunxi-disp-tool switch -name 1280x1024p

Any ideas or help appreciated

Burning images on Mac (OSX) the easy way
Posted by: Luke - 06-23-2016, 08:42 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (12)

[edit] big kudos to TheWoofies he may have the simplest and most comprehensive walk-though for burning an image on Mac - see his post lower down in this thread

Hello everyone,

Killorf has brought to my attention the ApplePi Baker for OSX - a simple GUI utility for burning DD images on Mac. This makes things a bit easier for newbies who would otherwise need to fiddle with DD in terminal. 

The process of burning the chosen image to the SD card is akin to win32imager on Windows. It is as simple as choosing the SD card as the destination to burn the image to (left-hand side), selecting the downloaded image (right-hand side) and pressing "restore backup" (see attached pictures).   

The utility also allows you to create backups of your SD cards. 

Hope this helps some of the less experienced users :Smile

How do I know if my boards are shipped
Posted by: rmdo92 - 06-23-2016, 08:40 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (3)

I am backer 11,880

should my cards of been shipped, by now?

If my boards have not been shipped is there any idea when they may be shipped?

Roger