Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,536
» Latest member: cinnabarwinner
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,347

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
7 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 233
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
Today, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,571
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
Yesterday, 09:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 486
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 06:54 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 89
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Views: 192
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 120
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 902
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 772
desktop and lockscreen
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 77
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,509

Pine A64 not powering up / Power button missing
Posted by: vaevictis - 07-04-2016, 10:34 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (10)

I assembled the case and powered up the board, download the Debian image and used Win32 diskimager to write the microSD card. I use a 2.0A, 5V power supply.
The power led turns red, but I get no signal on the TV. 

So I read that a separate power/reset button should be included but I didn't find any in the box.
How do I turn on the Pine64 without a power button? And how can I get the power button replaced?

Thanks.

Brick The things That we need to be developed
Posted by: Zoidiano0 - 07-04-2016, 07:57 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (5)

Hi guys!

well there is some thins that i think are "Most Have"  to this board

GPIO IDE ( for linux )

like the one that the community are developing with C and Python ported for RPi
so examples about UART, I2C PWM , Analog In , SPI and general I/O
but cleaner and easier
good job for those that are working on that BTW

GPIO Example codes for Android

i'm planing to use one of  my pines for Android Only and wanted to use the GPIO ports from Android apps ( that I'll create  ) to run servos and some robotic stuff
so having example codes would be nice
so examples about UART, I2C PWM , Analog In , SPI and general I/O

Android and Linux Image's Build Guides

guides to be able to compile our own Images/Roms and imrove the developents like cyanogenmod , AOSP and many more
in linux, how about the port of Kali linux Big Grin and many other Linux distributions

Kernel Customization Guides
Well the name says everything -- to be able to add kernel modules or even upgrade the kernel version 

POT MODULES

such as GPS, LTE, Gyroscope, Barometer, DAC ,etc
if we can get the IDE and examples for Android the implementation of already available modules can be easier :Big Grin
and of course guides about the implementation with pine :Smile

well those are some of the things that  for me are Must have and if u have some more ideas pls post them Smile
and comment about what do you think about this

Video Drivers
Posted by: Gnx - 07-04-2016, 04:48 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - No Replies

nevermind i got the answer

Shipping information
Posted by: Zurc - 07-04-2016, 03:10 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

Hi,

Kickstarter backer 28,521 here.
Haven't heard anything from you guys for a long time now. I'm wondering if my parcel has been shipped already or if it's still waiting.
Completed the survey the 29th of February this year. Pledge still says estimated delivery in May, and now it's July.

No updates at all over at Kickstarter since the 10th of June...

What's happening?

Photo My crude case while I wait for PlayBox
Posted by: Bluphire - 07-04-2016, 03:09 PM - Forum: Enclosures - No Replies

Cost me about $15 at Lowes for the supplies. I've seen better around here though.
[Image: IMG_20160704_135155996_zpsjnzp9fzn.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160704_135146045_zpskai8ym6p.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160704_135324337_zpsotjxzzob.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160704_135220118_zpsssrtf7wa.jpg]

Matt

Bringing up wifi dongle
Posted by: m16bishop - 07-04-2016, 12:59 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (2)

hi,

I don't have a wifi BTmodule so I am trying to bring up a wifi dongle on my Pine64 2G device. Running with Debian.
I pulled the dongle off my raspberry pi  since I know it works.

My ethernet will come up but I can't seem to get the wifi dongle to work. No network connection at all with the dongle.

I have.
/etc/network/interfaces

# The wireless interface
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
iface default inet dhcp

# Disable Secondary Wireless Lan (8723bs Has Two Interfaces)
iface wlan1 inet manual

..and...
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

network={
ssid="Test Net Wifi"
psk="network-password"
proto=RSN
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
pairwise=CCMP
auth_alg=OPEN
}

Any ideas on what I am missing? Do I need to update any drivers?

thanks

Mike

MiniTube
Posted by: janeku - 07-04-2016, 10:15 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hello,
I tried to install Minitube but without luck.
Suggested procedure is:
add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
apt-get update
apt-get install minitube

Installation went perfect but I faced problem with connection to youtube.

There is error connection to data.youtube.com and there should be some work for this interesting program to run.

Does somebody has installed this program and with success run youtube videos ?

Here is link to author's page : Minitube

I really would like to run with success this program but looks like there is some job to be done. Creating API or similar (wich i did following some Ubuntu manual) is done but still I did not managed to connect properly.

Somebody to help ?

Arcade Cabinet
Posted by: nicolo.tuppo - 07-04-2016, 09:51 AM - Forum: Game Station Emulation - Replies (7)

Hi everyone,
i have the idea to build an arcade cabinet  Smile Smile Smile
i would like to have some suggestion from all of you guys,
-which emulator is better to use for Pine? (simple and reliable)
-someone already did something like that?? any suggestion? website thai i have to visit?

I will do a guide step by step for everyone want to start something like this

Cannot get PINE64 boards to boot
Posted by: andymelton - 07-04-2016, 09:33 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (13)

Day 1

I am trying to get my new PINE64 board to boot up.

I downloaded the following image:
android-rooted-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64-32GB

I used Win32 Disk Imager to put the IMG file onto a 32 GB microSD card.

I connected the Bluetooth/WiFi module to the PINE64 board. I then inserted the microSD card, connected an HDMI cable, connected a wireless mouse/keyboard dongle, and then connected a 5.0V (550 mA) power supply (an old BlackBerry charger). The red light on the board came on. An AllWinner screen appeared and then a PINE64 (white background) screen appeared. The device then powered off. I thought the USB keyboard/mouse dongle might be the problem so I disconnected it and tried again. Same sequence of events. I tried with the Bluetooth/WiFi module disconnected. No change.

I downloaded the following image:
android-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64-32GB

Again, I used Win32 Disk Imager to put the IMG file onto the same 32 GB microSD card.

I re-connected the Bluetooth/WiFi module. The HDMI cable was still connected. I put the microSD card back into the board, connected the mouse/keyboard dongle, and then connected the same power supply. The red light on the board turned on, but nothing appeared on the screen. The screen stayed in standby mode. I disconnected the power cable I disconnected the USB keyboard/mouse dongle. Tried powering the board on again. Same issue. I disconnected the Bluetooth/WiFi module and re-connected the power supply. Again, no change.

In reading through the forums it appears as though Android and Remix images MUST be burned with the AllWinner Phoenix utility? I downloaded the android-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64-phoenixCard image and burned it to the microSD card using the Phoenix utility. There was no change in results.

I purchased two boards, so I decided to try the second board. The display attached to the HDMI cable did activate (but nothing appeared on the screen) the first couple of tries. After subsequent tries the display would not come out of standby. I didn't attach the Bluetooth/WiFi add-on board to the second board.

I tried three USB cables. None would change the results.

I tried the Debian Mate image, no luck.

I have since tried "burning" the IMG files to the microSD card with Win32 Disk Imager,  the AllWinner Phoenix utility and even Linux Live USB Creator. No changes.

I have tried burning the IMG files via Win32 Disk Imager and Linux Live USB Creator with and without having extracted the IMG file prior.

Not sure if it matters but when I have extracted the IMG file I have used PeaZip.

Day 2

Before I went to bed last night I decided to write android-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64-phoenixCard to the microSD card using Win32 Disk Image. I didn't extract the file. I just let the utility do it. Since it takes forever to write images to the card I went to bed. I got up this morning and was able to successfully boot the board with the image. I clicked on the Google Play store at which point I realized I didn't have the Bluetooth/WiFi module attached. I turned the board off.

Since I had gotten my second board to boot I decided to try the first board again. I already had it in the acrylic enclosure and the Bluetooth/WiFi module was already attached. Nothing. The display attached to the HDMI cable wouldn't even turn on.

I went back to the second board. I connected the WiFi/Bluetooth module (the same one I was using on the first board). Was able to get it to successfully startup again. I went into the settings to try to enable WiFi. It went to a white screen. After 5 minutes I decided that it had crashed.

I unplugged the power cable and reconnected it. The AllWinner screen appeared, then the PINE64 screen. Then the board turned off.

I have since been unable to get the board to produce any signs of booting on the display. The display no longer comes out of standby.

I have tried booting it without the Bluetooth/WiFi module. No change in results.

I though perhaps the image on the card became corrupted during the time I was able to get Android to startup. I re-imaged the card, but there has been no change.

App compatibility issues with pine64
Posted by: Boring - 07-04-2016, 09:31 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

This weekend I started to play with my pine. I am using Android atm and I tried to install 3 apps. Unfortunately only 1 was successful. 

Until now I didn't get any error message or authentication issues. But I can't download the apps, because the play store tells me the device is not compatible. Is there a fix or workaround?

Te apps are:
- telfort it online (IPTV app from TV provider)
- Cbox HD