Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,536
» Latest member: cinnabarwinner
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,347

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
5 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 229
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
Today, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,571
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
Yesterday, 09:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 485
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 06:54 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 89
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Views: 190
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 119
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 900
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 768
desktop and lockscreen
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 77
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,502

Exclamation Please respond to my emails or update me! I HAVE PAID $400+!!!!!
Posted by: atomicPine - 07-04-2016, 07:42 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

PLEASE respond to my emails.  I have three orders, ALL PAID FOR and havent heard back.  Ive sent countless emails since MAY and never get a response.

I ordered 6 of the 2GB boards in MAY off of the PINE website NOT Kickstarter.

I still want them but honestly I'll take a refund just to end this nightmare.  At least with a refund I can go buy a few more ODROID C2 boards which are far superior.  I know they are because I ordered one two weeks ago and it arrived the next day.

I just want some communication.  I understand theyre flooded with emails but seriously how would you feel if you had $400+ being held ransom by a COMPANY, not a kickstarter, they are a COMPANY now, and so far not a very reputable one.

AND you can damn well bet I'm going to be sending them 100+ emails a day from MANY different email accounts until they either respond to me or I crash their servers. Because I have been EXTREMELY nice up until now but after the 20th email in two months gets ignored I've had enough of their excuses and bullshit

EDIT
Heres some links to other boards for people who are sick of waiting for Pine to get their act together. Ameridroid responds to emails instantly, ships instantly and you get your order in a few days

http://ameridroid.com/products/odroid-xu4
http://ameridroid.com/products/odroid-c2
http://ameridroid.com/products/xbmc-kodi...rmance-kit
http://ameridroid.com/products/xbmc-kodi-4k-kit

I have both the C2 and XU4 and trust me they are amazing

Power Switch
Posted by: Rawrgles - 07-03-2016, 09:23 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

The stretch goal power button didn't come in my shipment where do I go to get this corrected?

Pine Media Remote
Posted by: mesaxi - 07-03-2016, 08:33 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

Has anyone figured out how to connect this thing to their pine? There were no instructions given. I assumed it was bluetooth connected but the BT doesn't pick it up. Is there something I've missed?

Play Store stops running every time
Posted by: thehamguy1 - 07-03-2016, 07:57 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (15)

If there's already a thread on this specific issue, my apologies. I've read through the play store authentication issues thread, and tried my luck with the forum's Search feature but haven't seen this problem solved.

The OS is the 5 May version of Android 5.1.1 on a Sandisk 32 Gig SD (the same as recommended throughout the forum); hardware is a Pine64+ 1Gig with Bluetooth and wifi board. The clock is correct.

There are several things to complain about with this build but for me the most problematic is that Google Play Store stops working soon after it's brought up. Once in a great while right after boot I can download an app but usually Play Store stops running--no reason given--while I'm looking at offerings or after I've chosen an app but before it can download. This isn't apparently an authentication problem, as I get no message about that. Rebooting doesn't solve it except to allow Play Store to fool me again.

I've tried the solutions suggested under the authentication issues thread on the theory that it can't hurt. I also re-downloaded the image and reburned it. No joy. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?
EDIT: After a better search I found other posts about this problem but no solutions.

Acceleration of Gravity Tilt Module for Arduino
Posted by: JulianM - 07-03-2016, 02:50 PM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (4)

Hi together!

I'm searching for a way to use the automatic orientation on Android.
So, which accelerometers will work with the Pine64?

I found a very cheap module, original for Arduino. It works via GPIO.
- ADXL345 3-Axes Digital Acceleration of Gravity Tilt Module for Arduino GY-291 EV
For just 1.08 Euro!

Best regards
Julian

Backer Order status
Posted by: chucko2 - 07-03-2016, 12:15 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (7)

My backer number is 27,048, name is charles overly. I have received nothing, would it be possible to get a status of my order? It is now july and nothing.

Rainbow ESP8266 ESP-12E - SDIO
Posted by: JasperBrown - 07-03-2016, 08:29 AM - Forum: Wifi/BT Module - No Replies

Hallo,

normaly the ESP8266 works over TTL and can on this way only give only very low and unstable connection.

http://pwiatrowski.com/technology/raspbe...-internet/

Than there is a very messy way to get fast wifi over the GPIO (or you buy the HAT 30€ and 15€ shipping)

https://hackaday.io/project/8678-rpi-wifi

But since the Pine has SDIO connectors this should much more better...in theory ^^

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

WiFi dongle MediaTek mt7601u
Posted by: Beta_Ravener - 07-03-2016, 08:05 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (13)

I have bought a cheap WiFi dongle from ebay, it costs about $2 and looks like this:
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
As it has no branding or whatsoever, I have run following to identify it (only relevant output is copied):

Code:
> sudo lshw
*-usb:3 UNCLAIMED
 description: Generic USB device
 product: 802.11 n WLAN
 vednor: MediaTek
 physical id: 4
 bus info: usb@1:1.4
 version: 0.00
 serial: 1.0
 capabilities: usb-2.01
 configuration: maxpower=160ma speed=480Mbit/s

>sudo lsusb
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter

However, the device doesn't seem to be working 'out of box', as `ifconfig` does not show any wlan interface.
I have tried googling around and found basically 4 options:
1. Building kuba-moo, however this requires kernel 3.19+, while we seem to be at 3.10. Building the code anyway would result in errors as will be shown below in log file regarding unknown struct fields.

2. Downloading original code and patch as suggested here by user289087 and building it (the original code is from mediatek website as the original link in post is dead). Same errors as 1., although now it should not be only for 3.19+ so I'm wondering if the cause is not different.

3. Downloading binary directly and placing it in /lib/firmware (inside that archive it's mcu/bin/MT7601.bin, the archive is the same as in second option). However, I'm not sure about kernel version for which this was built and placing it there does not seem to do anything yet. Is there anything else that needs to be done?
I have found this github issue which references the binary and suggests that the device may need to be enabled in kernel source?

4. Installation through PPA as noted here by Eric Carvalho:
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:thopiekar/mt7601
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mt7601-sta-dkms
This fails the same way as 1. and 2. with errors:
Code:
Synaptic output:
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 3.10.102-0-pine64-longsleep (arm64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/mt7601/3.0.0.4/build/make.log for more information.

The log file is finally linked here and errors are only at the end of file (rest of it is the same warning again and again).

I think there might be something wrong with how I obtained sources as 3 of those options end up in the same error:
1. I have updated kernel to newest version (3.10.102-0-pine64-longsleep) using script
2. Git cloned longsleep's repository (which I checked was the code for the same version of kernel as `uname -r`reports)
3. Run `make menuconfig` (left everything default and saved .config) and `make prepare`
4. Created symbolic link from /lib/modules/3.10.102-0-pine64-longsleep/build to the directory with source code (all the make files I've seen for this driver use this path, only substituting the kernel version with `uname -r` command)

Is there something wrong with this procedure?

Any help in solving this is greatly appreciated.

Edit1: Some more info about supporting this dongle on RPi can be found here.

Using the touch screen with Debian
Posted by: supermenteur - 07-03-2016, 07:41 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (4)

As a backer, I got my Pine64 few days ago.
I was able to use it in multiple ways and now I'm wondering how to use my nice LCD touch screen with the Debian version.

Thanks in advance for advice and help.

Cheers,

No board in Kickstarter shipment
Posted by: romildio - 07-03-2016, 03:08 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (12)

Hi there,

I just received my shipment earlier this week, but it did not come with a board inside of the package? It did come with two HDMI cables for some reason?

I have attached a picture of the contents of my package. My Kickstarter backer number is 37,993.

Can someone advise me as to what steps I take next to getting a board shipped to me? 

Thanks. =)

[Image: wVDblZ1.jpg]