Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,536
» Latest member: cinnabarwinner
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,347

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
11 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 236
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
Yesterday, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,577
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 487
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 90
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 193
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 121
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 904
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 774
desktop and lockscreen
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 77
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,514

DTS options for HDMI-DVI adapters
Posted by: xalius - 07-07-2016, 09:57 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

I came across several hints on other Allwinner SoCs like the H3 (which has similar peripherals to the A64, just 32bit cores) where to enable better inter-operability with DVI-HDMI adapters a certain device tree option has to be set:

Code:
hdmi_hdcp_enable = <0x00000000>;
hdmi_cts_compatibility = <0x00000001>;

http://linux-sunxi.org/Xunlong_Orange_Pi...converters (for example)

We have that option in the extracted device tree used for our Linux Images...

https://github.com/longsleep/build-pine6....dts#L2003

Did anyone with DVI issues try that yet?

Edit: The dts option seems to enable "something" in the display driver, but what exactly is hidden in the binary portion if I see it correctly....

Code:
disp_hdmi.c
        if(gdisp.init_para.hdmi_cts_compatibility == 0)    {
            DE_INF("bsp_disp_hdmi_open: disable dvi mode\n");
            bsp_disp_hdmi_dvi_enable(screen_id, 0);
        }    else if(gdisp.init_para.hdmi_cts_compatibility == 1) {
            DE_INF("bsp_disp_hdmi_open: enable dvi mode\n");
            bsp_disp_hdmi_dvi_enable(screen_id, 1);
        }    else {
            bsp_disp_hdmi_dvi_enable(screen_id, bsp_disp_hdmi_dvi_support(screen_id));
        }

Image sizes too big for SD card?
Posted by: montero65 - 07-07-2016, 09:12 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (29)

I imagine I'm not the only person who has encountered this, but I recently picked up a few microSD cards that I wanted to use with the Pine.  The problem I'm having is when I try to use the DD images for a 32GB card, it says that the image is too big, not enough sectors available (using Win32DiskImager).

I purchased three of the same card, SanDisk Ultra 32GB class 10, UHS-1.  All three show the exact same size of 29.8GB.  I know companies do the 1000 instead of 1024 thing for how they calculate GB, and if you do that for KB, MB, and GB, you're looking at 29.8GB actual, so that makes sense.

But I would think the image for a 32Gb card should fit on a "32GB" card.  Is anyone else having this same issue?  Am I missing something?  Do I need to format the cards first in a different way?  I tried to format, I think it was exFAT32.  I could also select sector size (it was at 512).  What are the correct settings to format the card to?  Or, should I use the 16GB image on the 32Gb card in order to have some storage space available?  Thanks for the help.

Cannot install Dstat on Debian Base PineA64 image
Posted by: ywoody - 07-07-2016, 07:28 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (6)

Using the new Debian Base image: pine64-image-debianbase-310102bsp.img

Got following error when install Dstat. Any help?? This is the first distro i encounter that cannot install dstat.

root@pine64:/home/debian# apt-get install dstat
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  dstat
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 50.5 kB of archives.
After this operation, 351 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main dstat all 0.7.2-4 [50.5 kB]
Fetched 50.5 kB in 1s (31.1 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package dstat.
(Reading database ... 88108 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../archives/dstat_0.7.2-4_all.deb ...
Unpacking dstat (0.7.2-4) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
Setting up dstat (0.7.2-4) ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pycompile", line 35, in <module>
    from debpython.version import SUPPORTED, debsorted, vrepr, \
  File "/usr/share/python/debpython/version.py", line 1
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xdb' in file /usr/share/python/debpython/version.py on line 1, but no encoding declared; see http://python.org/dev/peps/pep-0263/ for details
dpkg: error processing package dstat (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 dstat
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Update on Order
Posted by: Vishal - 07-07-2016, 12:54 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (9)

Hello Team,

Is it possible to anyone from PINE64 Team to give me an update on order id #8162148  as I am seeing no communication from sales and shipping?.

@Sales Team, We are into Energy meters and Energy management System, Pine64 is suitable for our new product development, however,
I discussed with Jonny Vu from sales team over the email and after that placed order for demo piece but is taking lots of time to ship. looking at your current situation are you sure to provide us in product delivery in a timely manner.

How to modify *.conf files?
Posted by: gbjensen - 07-07-2016, 12:01 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (7)

I have found some *.conf files at my at my Remix installation at root/etc e.g. files controlling the audio setup.
It would indeed be interesting to be able to modify some af these files, it might e.g. solve the issue related to default audio output.
But they are all write protected. 

I suppose I shall use at terminal emulator and there change the access level to read/write but I haven't used Linux for 30 years and can't remember many commands any more.
Furthermore do I not know which will work in in Remix / Android.

Image without Guu
Posted by: WhiteSnake86 - 07-06-2016, 09:03 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (1)

Hy guys,

do you plan to release a small debian image like netinst withou gui?

Is it possible to boot the actual debian image without the gui?

Thanks

Is It Possible to Set Up Boinc In this Ver of Ubuntu?
Posted by: Bob123456789 - 07-06-2016, 05:24 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (4)

Is it possible to set up Boinc in this version of Ubuntu?

Android Issues; 4K, Ethernet, Plex
Posted by: kikootwo - 07-06-2016, 05:12 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

Hello,

I recently resolved my boot issues with my pine64 boards. Now that I have android up and running im having more issues. 

First, android can only output 1080p? This was advertised to output 4K but in the display settings I don't see the option for 4K. Is there something I'm missing?

Second, gigabit Ethernet port. I have the A64+ boardx2. Both of them have terrible performance. My other devices on the network get 100mb/s down and 20 up. On Ethernet the boards get 0.7 BM/s down and 10 up. I plugged in the wifi attachment and am now getting about 30 down and 10 up. Any thoughts on fixing the gigabit Ethernet?

Finally, plex. I have a plex media server hosted on my computer. All my other devices work perfectly connecting to the server including mobile devices (mind you, they're all iOS). Even though the boards are on the same wifi they do not find the plex server. Are there any known issues with plex?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Edit: Plex issue resolved, other issues continue.

Error When Resizing SD Card
Posted by: Bob123456789 - 07-06-2016, 04:52 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (4)

I am trying to create an Ubuntu  Linux Image SD using the instructions below.

It works fine (Ubuntu boots using the new SD card and I can log in) except for when I open the terminal and try to resize the SD card using:

"Execute resize_rootfs.sh script to resize the root partition in order to fully utilize the SD Card"

I  get the error:

"This scrip requires root"

[email=Ubuntu@localhost$:/]Ubuntu@localhost$:/[/email]

How do I solve this?

Ubuntu Linux Image [20160530] based on Longsleep build, updated by Pine64
[Image: Logo_ubuntu.jpg]

• Thanks to longsleep works, the Linux build progress rapidly, This is a build based on longsleep works and may not have all bell and whistles from longsleep and Sunxi community. For latest build, you can create one and following this thread
  • Suitable for 1GB/2GB Pine A64+ Board, not suitable for 512MB Pine A64 Board due to system memory constrain
  • DD image (for 8GB and above SD Card):
  • Included Mate Desktop, Firebox Browser, Thunderbird Email, and LibreOffice Suite.
  • Login with
    • username: ubuntu
    • password: ubuntu
  • Execute resize_rootfs.sh script to resize the root partition in order to fully utilize the SD Card

Just Received my Order; It Doesn't work?!
Posted by: kikootwo - 07-06-2016, 03:08 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

Hello!

I finally received both of my Pine A64+ 2gb boards. I have tried both boards with the following setup:

-Power supply from pine 64
-LCD screen and Hdmi connection (tried separately obviously)
-64gb android micro SD (shipped with pine64)
-32gb android micro SD (shipped with pine64)
-32gb RemixOS micro SD (shipped with pine64)
-No other peripherals plugged in 

Every time I plug in the power The red led comes on, and stays on. There is no signal given to either the LCD or the hdmi (again, they are never plugged in together, one at a time for testing purposes). 

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Or should I throw my hands up and give up on this $200 investment that I waited 6 months for?