Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,539
» Latest member: harryayers
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,354

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
PinePhone Beta Edition wi...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: spazz
4 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 8,288
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
Yesterday, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 64
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,482
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 413
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 283
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,616
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 512
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 108
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 210
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 145

Question RetroPie on Pine64 debian
Posted by: hunsoul - 08-15-2016, 01:29 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (4)

Hi All!

as the RasPi 2 can run several emulated retro games with RetroPie I wanted to run it on my fresh and much faster Pine64.

I have to admit that the beggining was not to easy. After installing several missing packages finally I was able to build it properly on Pine64 / debian. 

The problem is that the EmulationStation runs on my Pine64 extremely slowly. When I push a arrow on my keyboard it takes about 3 seconds to I get feedback on my display / and that is only a selection change in the menu. Sad(
On RasPi 2 it is very fluent. 

The problem is / maybe - as I'm not an expert of this topic / that there is no Pine64 platform possibility for RetroPie - for that reason I had to set the __platform environmental variable to "generic-x11". It compiles but it runs extremely slowly as I wrote.
I don't have any other idea.

Is there anybody who has an idea how to solve it?

Exclamation Pine64+ not starting (never)
Posted by: Alex89cgn - 08-15-2016, 09:04 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

Hello there,

i sent some mails to the support in may, june and august but never got an answer so i try to get help by this place. I bought two Pine64 2 GB + Enclosure, Display and Display Case and a WLAN Module.

The first Pine with wlan module and enclosure arrived and is working fine (doing some desktop stuff with that tiny monster Smile )

The second Pine also arrived at the same time, i just put the already working SD and power supply to the Pine and tried to boot it up but it just showing the red light and is doing nothing. I tried multiple times, with perepherie and without. With SD and without, different power supplys but it just wont start, whatever i tried. I think its already shipped defect or got broken by the delivery to germany.

Do you guys have any idea what i could do about it?
Huh
Best Regards
Alex

android games playing on pine 64 running Remix os
Posted by: mbjpine64 - 08-15-2016, 07:00 AM - Forum: Game Station Emulation - Replies (1)

Hi been searching solution to playing android games on Remix os img of Pine 64 2 GB using playstore apps like nJoy lite or airmouse. Can anyone help how to go about this .Thanks

Missing Shipment
Posted by: ami6 - 08-15-2016, 03:02 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - No Replies

Hello, i still miss the 7 inch display, the playbox enclosure, and a number of add-on items. Where can i see when they will arrive? Or where can i track the shipment for the add-on items (board has arrived but not the rest)? thx in advance!

(PS: not sure which reference helps you in following-up: my backer number is 547. early bird ;-) )

Photo Weatherproof case build
Posted by: ltorsini - 08-14-2016, 09:19 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (10)

Hi All,

I thought I would post a few shots of the weatherproof case I've been working on over the last week or so - 2gig with all the bells and whistles. From a hardware perspective everything went together very well, I'll be adding a cell card, the photo/temp/humidity sensors and the zwave when it arrives.

Software with Android is slow and buggy, haven't started tuning on it yet so any advice is welcome at this point.

I used a template of the screen to scribe the dimensions of only the backlit portion of the screen into a Dykem outline painted on the cover

[Image: IMG_2555.JPG]

A rounded nose end mill to cut the outline of the screen into the housing

[Image: IMG_2557.JPG]

The cover face is sturdy enough with the ribbing to allow you to cut almost fully through from the interior

[Image: IMG_2556.JPG]

Carefully realign the cover face up and finish removing material from the face

[Image: b0003506-ba10-477e-9865-6688c5da51d8]

Only the active portion of the screen should be visible when you've finished trimming

[Image: IMG_2561.JPG]

I used 1/8 x 1/4 3M car window sealing ribbon to mount the screen, be sure to align it well before it makes contact, once it is on it will never come off in one piece and it will never leak

[Image: IMG_2562.JPG]

It is a pretty close fit but the screen nestles under the acrylic mounting board without being in direct contact which should keep it from overheating, note the backup battery mounted to the acrylic plate

[Image: 8cb188f0-8e6d-4581-8d8f-8a051807306d]

The ribbon cables for the camera and screen are just long enough to reach when mounted, the metal bracket on the right holds the camera in place over its view hole in the cover

[Image: 637e9646-3a2c-48e8-b551-1e51a5a28e97]

Removing the cover from the PoE splitter allowed will allow you to machine the case for a tight fit, use black silicone RTV to secure it to the case and screen

[Image: 07e327b0-198f-4bad-8dcd-9cb15e6aa426]

I've split out the speaker and mic ports and flush mounted them to the case, you can see the PoE splitter to the very right

[Image: c0a745b6-778e-4d6b-8d6e-b42c156f8cf7]

The battery leads are just long enough to glue the battery to the door of the case using a high temperature non expanding adhesive

[Image: 670ad582-59f1-4e4d-981a-b98f1970f505]

Depending on how the battery temperature looks as the unit cycles, you can use the material removes for the screen as a heat exchanger to improve cooling and battery life

[Image: 99bf865b-fa49-4847-8786-3deb9bbe95ab]

You can see the front mount camera view hole to the left of the screen, be very careful on it's placement to minimize stress on the ribbon

[Image: IMG_2621.JPG]

I also added two sealed microswitches by milling down the existing bolt hole bosses and threading them in from the back, these are the on and reset buttons

[Image: a0f21a7e-a5af-4332-88b1-8ace2c59bd9a]

Final product has handle/wall mount and an improved wireless antenna.  The external antenna made a big difference in the performance of the wireless card

[Image: 24201bce-e9b7-405a-af36-326f279dea15]

New Ubuntu ML-Anderal 4-20-16 Issues
Posted by: AUDIOTEK - 08-14-2016, 04:14 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (2)

Anybody has major issues with New Ubuntu ML-Anderal 4-20-16.img image?

I just installed it and I'm having major issues.  It constantly loses connection even if it says it's connected. Firefox keeps crashing. kodi is unusable. Can't send bug reports etc... the list goes on and on.  I was just wondering if anybody got that release to work.

Is this the closest to Ubuntu 16.04?

HDMI CEC
Posted by: ayufan - 08-14-2016, 04:00 PM - Forum: HDMI Port - Replies (15)

I did find out this thread: http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic...er-for-h3/

It implements HDMI CEC driver for Allwinner H3 which appears to be very similar to Allwinner A64.
I tried to compile that and I even started receiving some messages from my TV.
I was unable to send anything, but maybe someone is willing to try this two branches and fix it themselves:

https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/build-pine64-image
https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/linux-pine64

You have to compile Linux kernel, compile .dts and patch libcec with this patch: http://sunxi.das-eckchen.de/sunxi_libcec.patch.

When you `modprobe hdmi_cec` you should start seeing something on `dmesg` and when execute `cec-client`.

RPi.GPIO with C
Posted by: Wolfenstein - 08-14-2016, 02:26 PM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (4)

Related to this thread http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=723 I am trying to build and use the functions in C. I copied all files from RPi.GPIO-PineA64/source and I made these files

test.c

Code:
#include "c_gpio.h"
#include "test.h"

int main(void)
{
   printf("testfunktoin()=%i\n", testfunktion());

setup();

return 0;
}
makefile
Code:
HEADERS = test.h c_gpio.h
OBJECTS = test.o c_gpio.o

default: test

%.o: %.c $(HEADERS)
    gcc -c $< -o $@

test: $(OBJECTS)
    gcc $(OBJECTS) -o $@

clean:
    -rm -f $(OBJECTS)
    -rm -f test
test.h
Code:
int testfunktion(void)
{
   return 44;
}

And I get this compile error:
Code:
$ make
gcc test.o c_gpio.o -o test
c_gpio.o: In function `setup':
c_gpio.c:(.text+0x40): undefined reference to `pinea64_found'
c_gpio.c:(.text+0x44): undefined reference to `pinea64_found'
c_gpio.c:(.text+0x2cc): undefined reference to `pinea64_found'
c_gpio.c:(.text+0x2d0): undefined reference to `pinea64_found'
c_gpio.o: In function `clear_event_detect':
c_gpio.c:(.text+0x378): undefined reference to `pinea64_found'
c_gpio.o:c_gpio.c:(.text+0x37c): more undefined references to `pinea64_found' follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
makefile:12: recipe for target 'test' failed
make: *** [test] Error 1

What should I see on login? (Missing stuff, I think)
Posted by: TheGear - 08-14-2016, 01:45 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (2)

First, thanks to Lenny for his answers in thread 1143, regarding changing screen resolution.

I want to make sure I'm seeing everything on the screen that I'm supposed to. My guess is that something is being truncated off the top and/or bottom. I haven't been able to accomplish useful work yet except via the terminal.

Here's what's on the screen when I log in:
     the Pine64 logo
     Computer
     Debian's home
     Trash

A couple of these are truncated on the left side by the edge of the screen. Nothing else. No menu bars, no shutdown buttons, nothing. Is this correct?

Similar to another person in thread 1143, my monitor does not have controls to allow adjusting width and height of the image.

Thanks for your help
Bill in SoFla

New to the Pine64 : Distro recommendation
Posted by: Charles_2016 - 08-14-2016, 12:51 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (5)

I am new to the world of one board computer and the Pine64 is my first experience.

I have purchase a 1GB and a 2GB model with one Wifi board.

I have put small heatsinks on both processor

Using the linux dd command, I successfully burned a RemixOs on a 16GB  class 10 micro-SD card and I am able to boot busing my HDMI TV

But they are is very slow.  Much slower than expected.

I am looking for a suggestion for another distribution that would be faster (more responsive) than RemixOs.