Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,539
» Latest member: harryayers
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,354

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
PinePhone Beta Edition wi...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: spazz
6 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 8,295
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
Yesterday, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 66
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,485
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 413
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 283
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,616
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 513
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 109
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 210
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 145

Debian and Prolific pl2303
Posted by: Castle - 08-20-2016, 07:14 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (3)

Hi, I hope someone can help me out.

I am trying to get a Prolific 2303 usb to serial adapter to work with the latest debian Base release (pine64-image-debianbase-310102bsp-2). The adapter works on a RPI but on the Pine you can see the plugged in adapter but it does not get linked to a tty-usb port. Other usb to serial adapters of a different make do get attached to a tty-usb port.

Is the driver included in the build?

Regards,
Jelle

Anyone got jackd working?
Posted by: jkmooney - 08-19-2016, 06:22 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (4)

Trying to get Guitarix to run on the Pine64 and it needs me to set up and configure jackd.  I've never had good luck with that.  Anyone here manage to get it configured / working?

I figure if I can get it to work, I can salvage an old amp into a pretty spiffy Pine64 powered multi-effects practice amp.

pine64-debootstrap
Posted by: sgjava - 08-19-2016, 06:09 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - No Replies

Create a minimal Ubuntu rootfs from Longsleep's Ubuntu image using pine64-debootstrap. This is if you want to create a minimal server image (the way you want to roll it) with wifi instructions. Just a couple easy scripts and some interactive prompts to answer and you will have a rootfs archive ready to write to SD.

Ubunu not working anymore
Posted by: CrazyBird - 08-19-2016, 03:41 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (14)

Hello!

I have installed the Ubuntu release a long time ago on my Pine, and everything worked fine. Main use was with an DVB-C stick and tvheadend as a Videoecorder.

I updated the Ubuntu software regularly and the system worked fine.

With the last updated Ubuntu told me to reboot the system, and from that moment on, startup did not complete.

I get an error "[VFE_ERR]Error registering ve412 subdevice No such device!" and "[VFE_ERR]vfe_register check error at input_num = 0 " (and later 1).

My Pine is connected via eth0 - and as I said before this configuration worked for a very long time..."

Help plz!

Thanks!

Wires as power button
Posted by: Nittola - 08-19-2016, 07:50 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (5)

Is possible to use two wires as Power and Reset Bottons? If so, in which holes I have to solder them? The more distant or closest?

The Mac Address Would Not Change on Debian, nor Gentoo
Posted by: MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-18-2016, 11:33 PM - Forum: Ethernet Port - Replies (5)

I ran into a very frustrating yet interesting problem last night when I tried to place two of my PineA64 boards on the same ethernet switch in preparation for the GbE testing I plan to do tomorrow.

Both of my machines had a VERY persistently stubborn mac address ( which belongs to longsleep ):
36:c9:e3:f1:b8:05

I am wondering now how many folks having ethernet problems don't really have an ethernet problem, they just don't have unique mac addresses on their network from the Pine Boards ??  (arp cache nightmare)

Anyway, I tried repeatedly to change the mac addresses of both machines... and they would NOT change... neither of them... for almost four hours.

I changed the mac address in  /boot/uEnv.txt  , powered off and then did a cold boot.  (this on both machines)  but when the boot finished  both machines still had address  36:c9:e3:f1:b8:05

Believe it or not what I did to correct this was just be persistent... I started waiting longer between poweroff and cold boot...  eventually the new address finally 'took' on both machines.  When the address finally 'took' on both machines, both machines finally had the correct address in all four primary places:
/boot/uEnv.txt
/proc/cmdline
/sys/class/net/eth0/address
ifconfig

I really feel strongly that this needs to be changed. All Pine Boards need to have an automatic persistent unique mac address on the ethernet port;  like any other IP machine interface. Or, there needs to be a very consistent way to set the persistent mac address easily so that multiple Pine Boards on the same switch are guaranteed to have unique mac addys;  essential for Pine-Nut  clusters !

edit: PS. I suspect that the mac address of choice has something to do with this as well... it may be that I just happened upon a prefix that would work... but took some trial and guessing. But, its looking like the mac address can not be fully ransomized.

increase usb 500ma to 1000a possible?
Posted by: listenfree - 08-18-2016, 09:43 PM - Forum: USB 2.0 Ports - Replies (12)

cause i want to use one 1t usb hdd,if direct connect to pine64's usb it's not working.
i must use a powered usb hub now
so is there any way to increase usb current from 500ma to higher,
thanks a  lot.

Photo LEGO Enclosure for PINE64 w/LCD
Posted by: Yardle - 08-18-2016, 01:30 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (4)

Finished making this Lego enclosure for my Pine 64 w/ LCD. Couldn't find anything similar online, hope you like!

Front
[Image: uc?id=0B_ZexQHycvuCNnNaRC1ORTF5eFU]

Top View
[Image: uc?id=0B_ZexQHycvuCbHhWS3RkV09iV0E]

Interior
[Image: uc?id=0B_ZexQHycvuCcHV5SExtN1dsLXc]

Hollowed
[Image: uc?id=0B_ZexQHycvuCREw5aGNCbFFWSVU]

Underside
[Image: uc?id=0B_ZexQHycvuCLU5BM25zbDE2WlU]

Shipping Status
Posted by: TMI - 08-18-2016, 12:22 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (8)

Over the last month I sent a number of 2 emails and 2 messages through kickstarter and facebook...no reply or order received. I'm backer # 6,365 . I hope someone responds. I'm getting worried...

Binfmt_misc support
Posted by: cztian - 08-17-2016, 11:35 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Code:
root@pine64:~# mount binfmt_misc -t binfmt_misc /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc
mount: mount point /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc does not exist
Hello,everyone.
I want to run some x86 applications on my pine64,but the kernel do not have binfmt_misc support.After enabling CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y,the command runs fine.Would there be any support for CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC in the pine64 kernel?Or may I create a pull request?