Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,539
» Latest member: harryayers
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,354

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
PinePhone Beta Edition wi...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: spazz
6 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 8,295
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
Yesterday, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 66
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,485
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 413
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 283
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,616
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 513
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 109
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 210
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 145

If you have had difficulty with the GbE ethernet please take the poll
Posted by: MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-17-2016, 05:44 PM - Forum: Ethernet Port - No Replies

Greetings, if you have had trouble with the GbE ethernet issue on the PineA64 , please take the poll (located in the ethernet sub-forum) and fill out the data requested in the first post.

thanks

PS, use either this thread or the 'sticky' thread in the sub-forum for discussing this issue;  please do not post discussion in the poll thread;  that thread is only for data gathering.  We are trying to identify a pattern, one way or the other.

GbE Ethernet Port Issue Data Gathering Statistics Intel
Posted by: MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-17-2016, 03:35 PM - Forum: Ethernet Port - Replies (19)

We want specific information about the ethernet port on the PineA64, relative to the board serial number.  Please provide this information after you vote on the survey above:

1) board serial number and type (2G)
2) RTL chip numbers:  ie,  RTL8211E  G2K40P2  GG10B
3) current ethernet switch or router make model and numbers
4) if you modded your board and made it work, how?
5) if you swapped out your switch or router and made it work, what or which?
6) if GbE is critical to your operation, please tell us how so ?
7) provide any other additional 'data only' that might be helpful.

Please DO NOT post discussion or questions to this thread;  it is intended only for data gathering for the GbE database.

Also, please don't quote this post.

thank you

Edit: PS... it is easier to read the RTL chip numbers if you use a hand scope, and an LED flash-light ; changing the angle of the source light will make the text more visible in the scope.

updated view is smaller (tiny)
Posted by: Punkyclown - 08-17-2016, 12:34 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

Just updated to new OTA, now I have very small icons and hard to read browsers, more real estate but who cares. This on my 50 inch plazma TV.  What happened?

Can't seem to change keyboard layout...
Posted by: pqueiro - 08-17-2016, 04:21 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (5)

Hey guys

Got Ubuntu 16.04 up and running (thanks to everyone that worked on that Big Grin) but the keyboard layout is stuck in US whereas I have a Portuguese keyboard. /etc/default/keyboard returns the correct XKBLAYOUT="pt", and dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration seems OK, but the actual keyboard layout is still wrong.

For what it's worth, after keyboard-configuration runs, I get a couple of error messages saying "update-rc-d: start and stop actions are no longer supported", but I don't really see how that should affect the keyboard layout.

I've tried rebooting, doing this with and without sudo, with my standard user and as root, and nothing sticks Sad

Help??

Thanks!

is my pine dead?
Posted by: yella-pine64 - 08-16-2016, 08:56 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

Previously ran one of the android images (I got mine in one of the first shipped batches) and put it away working.  Plugged into the same (verified good) power supply and no red LED, nothing.  Verified the power supply was good by powering a pi3 with it.  Switched power supplies to another 2.5amp power supply and still no LED.  I took the power switch out and tried it in both the power and reset location with no success.  Am I missing out on anything to try troubleshooting wise?

New External Switch
Posted by: jjbrady34 - 08-16-2016, 04:42 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (12)

The included (or not included in my case) micro power switch, seems cheap to me, and could cause problems with falling off, etc.  I was interested in putting my pine in a project box with an external switch, but I'm really not 100% on how to do this, it doesn't seem like there's anything to solder to.  What are everyone's thoughts?

Pelican Case?
Posted by: burbs - 08-16-2016, 07:06 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (3)

Has anyone considered a Pelican-style case?  I've seen it used for a lot of different electronic devices and computer equipment, so I thought this might be a possibility.  I'm not familiar with the different models/styles, but it does seem very versatile and adaptable.  Any thoughts?

Phoenix Card and Norton Security don't mix . . .
Posted by: mjgoode - 08-16-2016, 06:38 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (5)

Hello,

To share an experience.  Norton Security decided to flag parts of Phoenix Card as being on their naughty list.  No Santa for them.

Naturally disabling parts of the software tends to cause behavioral issues.  UpdateVer.exe and ParserManager.dll are targeted for attention based upon a bad reputation heuristic.  They both need to be in place for the program to work.  I was seeing "script not found" errors when using a perfectly good Phoenix image.  A reinstall and slapping Norton's hand when it tried to zap the files solved the problems.

Now I've got the image burned, I'm still waiting for the silly thing to boot.  Rolleyes

Best Regards,

Matthew

Exclamation swollen battery need assistance
Posted by: mbround18 - 08-15-2016, 10:00 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (7)

Hello,

I bought a battery when the backer kit came around and when i received the battery I was sightly puffy than 48 hours after i received the battery it became very swollen. Does anyone know what I can do? I have emailed support but my guess is they are busy as I have not gotten any response. 

[Image: IMG_20160806_094812.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160806_094815.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160806_094818.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160806_094821.jpg]

Relay integration
Posted by: vigor - 08-15-2016, 06:08 PM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (25)

Any leads how to integrate Pine64 with a relay switch, to turn things on and off from a script ? Linux version is fine, no Android required. 
I would need both wiring diagrams and software, any leads appreciated.
Looking to automate a thing in garage.