Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,539
» Latest member: harryayers
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,354

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
PinePhone Beta Edition wi...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: spazz
2 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 8,286
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
Yesterday, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 63
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,480
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 412
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 280
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,615
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 510
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 107
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 210
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 144

Real time clock
Posted by: tomarneson - 08-12-2016, 10:56 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

There used to be some connectors for powering the RTC in the Store. I don't see them there now. Any suggestions on where to get one?

Build the Lichee and Android source-"Android 5.1.1 Image (HDMI Video Output) Release
Posted by: SuperX - 08-11-2016, 09:43 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hello,

Who can build the Lichee and Android source as the same feature - "Android 5.1.1 Image (HDMI Video Output) Release 20160711"?
I used these source as below. Building image was no problem. But this one is not workable. It's booting failure.

Linux BSP SDK
Linux BSP 2.0

Android SDK

Android Lollipop ver 5.1.1

Pine64 Dead
Posted by: sdf_iain - 08-11-2016, 06:37 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (8)

Suddenly I'm getting nothing from my Pine64.  Yesterday it was happily chugging along.  Today its putting out nothing but heat and red light (from the led next to the power jack).  How do I verify that it's dead?  What are the chances it can be replaced?

Mounting the IR Receiver on the PineA64 for use with OpenHour Remote
Posted by: MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-11-2016, 03:37 PM - Forum: IR Receiver - Replies (7)

Prior to mounting the VS1838 or HX1838 IR receiver on the PineA64 SBC, it is helpful to mod the receiver; this does require some minimal (but easy) soldering skills.  What is at issue is that the leads on the IR receiver are too thin to make good contact with the female header socket on the PineA64 board (found between the system LED solder pads and the audio jack just to the right of the audio jack looking at the usb port side of the board).

The pic above shows the mod;  the un-modded receiver is in the plastic bag.  I have cut the leads on the receiver and soldered it to three male header pins (these are designed to fit the socket on the PineA64 SoC board. The technique is straight-forward;  tin the leads on both the receiver and the header pins... tack solder the receiver to one header pin (leave them on the row of pins for easier handling).  Then, solder the other two leads, returning to the tack point and re-solder the first lead. Then to finish up, cut the modded IR receiver from the row of header pins.

I have placed the modded IR receiver in the PineA64 board socket in the pic above. My board has the system programmable LED soldered in place... the IR receiver plugs into the female socket with the bubble and cross facing outward : pinouts ( OUT,  GND,  VCC).  The IR mod makes for a good electrical fit with the socket.

The pic above is the OpenHour learning remote, which works with the IR receiver provided  (VS1838, HX1838). To test the remote you can watch evtest while sending control codes to the IR receiver from the OpenHour remote. Also, if you open a terminal you can see the remote signals as characters typed on the screen. The digits will be one less than displayed... the down arrow is the backspace, and several of the function buttons are alpha characters.  To use the remote with gnu+linux apps it is only necessary to map the codes to functions the way you  might map any media key on a standard keyboard.

edit:  I will be posting the data sheet as soon as I confirm the type and model of the IR receiver as shipped.

Power Off / Reset Buttons - DietPi
Posted by: casmiguefl - 08-11-2016, 03:32 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (4)

Hi! 
My pine arrived a couple days ago. I'm loving this little beast.

I have a couple trigger buttons laying around and I'd like to use one for the power off and other for the reset but I have no idea if the system is actively listening to the circuit of both these buttons.
I tried them on and nothing. Any tips?

Currently running DietPi as the OS.

Thanks!

Power-on pine by remote
Posted by: kleintvra - 08-11-2016, 02:38 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Is there anyway to power pine by using the airmouse?
As far as i checked the airmouse power button send the signal on the IR  and not on the wifi.
I've tried to connect an IR receiver (HX1838), but didn't have any luck powering-on pine.

Debian do not remember my time setting.
Posted by: Wolfenstein - 08-11-2016, 02:13 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (9)

When I start my Pine the time is wrong. So I click the clock in the upper right corner and set it right.

The next time I start the Pine the time is wrong again.
I am in CET and it is set to CET and it is till 2 hours off every time I start it.

Change Android boot logo?
Posted by: ipsw - 08-11-2016, 02:07 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (5)

Hello, anyone know if it's possible to change the boot logo of the Android 5.1.1? I use the pine on my car so I would like to have the brand logo of my car instead of the PINE64 logo Smile

Thank you !

SD card burn img size problems
Posted by: stephen0205 - 08-11-2016, 07:34 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (17)

Ok so i have been using the original android without update on my micro sd card on my tv and running kodi for a while when i saw there was an update i went to install and nothing happened status 7 error during reboot stage so no update.

Though i can set kodi back up screw it, fired it on the pc booted up win32disk imger which i used before, format and went to use the 64gb img, i have a sandisk ultra 64gb card. Kept getting img to large for target disk. WTF. Tried a few other tools, rufus included and same error

what the heck am i doing wrong i was literally pulling my hair out with this one, eventually resorting to flashing the 32gb version of the rom. Im now missing half my storage.

suggestions fellas

3d printer server
Posted by: oldsmarracin - 08-11-2016, 05:37 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (3)

has anyone tried to run a 3d printer from there pine yet I want to try running a repetier server