Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,539
» Latest member: harryayers
» Forum threads: 15,855
» Forum posts: 115,355

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Searching for a PinePhone...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: RubiksCube
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
PinePhone Beta Edition wi...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: spazz
Today, 05:55 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 8,298
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
Yesterday, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 78
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,504
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 415
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 289
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,632
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 514
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 111
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 210

PINE64 ABS Playbox Enclosure be available for sale in the shop
Posted by: danlcarr - 08-30-2016, 10:11 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (3)

Hello All,

Does anyone know when the PINE64 ABS Playbox Enclosure be available for sale in the shop so that I can place full at one time?

Thank you,
Daniel

LCD touch pad blank screen
Posted by: tanarri - 08-30-2016, 09:16 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (20)

So I finally fixed my computer problems so I could burn the image. So now my LCD touch pad turns on when I plug it it. But the screen is blank. Does that mean one of the ribbons isn't hooked up right? If so which one? or is it a different problem?

Edit::So I unhooked all the cables and rehooked them and I am getting the same results. Thoughts?

Where is the kernel stored ?
Posted by: drich - 08-30-2016, 08:08 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hello,
I want to add GPIO support to android, so I have to rebuild the kernel with appropriate config. As the whole android image takes a long time to build/copy to sdcard I plan to only recompile the kernel but I don't find the zImage/ramdisk within the 12 (seriously?) partitions, actually most of them are not even mountable (wrong fs type).
So where is the kernel image stored ?
Thanks

Android Standby?
Posted by: dkuhl0904 - 08-30-2016, 03:15 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Now as I am able to test (I "forgot" to buy a remote and still the case was missing)... I have on questioN.

I have Android 5.1.1. running with an alternative TV start page...

Runs well, but how can I sent the PINE64 with Android into a standby mode?

If using the original PINE64 Remote and press the "off" button, the system shuts down. And no way to restart it using the remote, nor by clicking on my hardware power-button.
I need to unplug und replug the power cord.. and then the whole system is rebooting.

Is there any remote code to set the system into a standby or display-off mode (like on a standard Android tablet or smartphone)?

Hope anyone can help!

Many thanks and best regards from Germany

Dietmar

Navio 2
Posted by: rmdo92 - 08-30-2016, 03:13 AM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (1)

Should I be able to plug in  Navio 2 https://emlid.com/introducing-navio2/ in to the 2G pine64?

it is made to plug into the Raspberry Pi IO bus

Roger

Other Remotes ??
Posted by: Zoidiano0 - 08-29-2016, 07:23 PM - Forum: IR Receiver - Replies (2)

Hi guys im wondering it is posible to get on working third party remotes.???
i have some laying arround and i would like to use them Smile Big Grin
thanks!
i have tried by connecting the ir receiver and open the port receiver like a pine64 remote but no codes recveived i have check the ir and is working fine
any ideas thanks again Smile

Can I use HDMI + USB touch screen?
Posted by: Voyager - 08-29-2016, 12:56 PM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (9)

I recently purchased a 7" touchscreen that uses HDMI for video and a USB connection for touch input. This is the specific product I purchased. Will this work with the P64+ board running Android? How would I set it up?

What happened to the images for the7" touch screen?
Posted by: tanarri - 08-29-2016, 11:27 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

There used to be two different android images one for the touch pad and the regular one. What happened to the touch pad one?

Johnny Five - Firmata
Posted by: HayseedGeek - 08-29-2016, 07:08 AM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - No Replies

I'm curious if anyone has evaluated the Johnny-Five JavaScript Robotics and IoT programming framework at https://github.com/rwaldron/johnny-five? At first glance it seems quite robust and straightforward to use. It was developed for Arduino, but uses a plugin system to work with other platforms. An Rpi plugin already exists which may (?) work out of the box for Pine, but it appears to me that a Pine64 specific plugin could be developed by a JS guru. 

I went a little nuts ordering breadboards, jumper wires, LEDs, switches and buttons, sensors, motors, servos, drivers, relays and other assorted do-dads, but they have not yet arrived from China, so I haven't tried it myself and honestly don't yet have the experience to evaluate the utility of Johnny-Five, so I wonder if anyone thinks it is a worthwhile endeavor for Pine64 powered projects?

assembly instructions
Posted by: loungehound - 08-29-2016, 05:49 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (8)

Is there any assembly instructions for the playbox enclosure and LCD?
Not in a hurry to get the ribbons back to front and fry my pine after waiting so long.