Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,540
» Latest member: Bruce Kissinger
» Forum threads: 15,855
» Forum posts: 115,355

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Searching for a PinePhone...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: RubiksCube
7 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
PinePhone Beta Edition wi...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: spazz
Today, 05:55 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 8,301
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
Yesterday, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 81
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,507
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 416
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 291
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,635
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 515
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 111
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 211

HDMI touch screen not detected
Posted by: Radio - 09-02-2016, 05:48 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (2)

Dear all

I am new to this so tell me if I have posted this in the wrong place. I recently purchased a pine A64 (2gb version) and a Waveshare 7inch 1024x600 capcitive touch screen to be used in a tablet. I have tested the screen with multiple systems (ubuntu, mac OS X, windows 10 etc...)and it works straight away. But when I plug the screen into the pine, it is not detected at all. It doesn't even initiate a X11 session. The pine is running the newest version of Debian linux jessie. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Radio.

fm transmitter with gpio
Posted by: weasel18 - 09-02-2016, 05:09 PM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (2)

any possibilty of it like such with the raspberry pi and the gpio pin 3 i think it was.

Mesos?
Posted by: kermitas - 09-02-2016, 10:59 AM - Forum: Cluster Computing - Replies (5)

Does anybody tried to create cluster of Pine64s on Mesos? Is it possible?

Board will not boot/does not work
Posted by: major7 - 09-02-2016, 08:23 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (2)

Hi, 

I have received my board through the kickstarter but am unable to boot it up

I'm using an Anker 60W (12A) Power supply that happily powers a 4 Raspberry Pi Cluster
Also i'm writing the debian linux images to an 8Gb SD Card in the same way i'm writing my rpi images (which always work)

Code:
sudo dd bs=1m if=[name of image] of=/dev/disk2

I've tried several images (debian Mate/LXDE/XCFE) and several SD cards.

Can i conclude my board is broken?

DVR, OBDII Loger and more for my car
Posted by: mypineme - 09-01-2016, 06:17 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (2)

Hi all,
I've started working on a new project with PINE64 for my car. Here is the list of futures that I'm thinking to implement so far:

1. OBDII logging

• Speed
  • RPM
  • Boost
  • Trable Codes
  • MPG
    2. DVR
  • Front Camera
  • Rear Camera
    3. Security
  • Motion ditaction
  • Door Trigger
  • Shock sensor
  • Sound Trigger
     4. Random stuff
  • Crack the windows when its hot in the car
  • Close the windows when its raining
  • turn on lights when dark and my phone near by (maybe)
     5. Web Portal wit APIs (Not on the P64, but on a VPS)
  • Log OBDII data
  • Create reports
  • Track spending (Oil changes, parts etc...)
Also, P64 will call the API on the web server over the VPN and log all of this data in to MySQL server and create beautiful graphs on the "Portal" so I can access it later and when I park my car in the garage it will dump all the recorded AV from P64 DVR to the NAS.

When a check engine light comes on, I will receive an email with the trouble code.
When security is triggered, I will receive an email with some pictures.

Here is (approximately) how the "Portal" would look like (this is a portal that I wrote for personal bookkeeping):

[Image: img6.png]
Technologies will be used:
  • Car (in my case, Porsche 987)
  • Pine64 (with some sensors, cameras, and 4G card)
  • OBDII Bluetooth adapter (ELM327)
  • Python3 (on Pine64)
  • php7 (on the webserver)
  • CentOS 7 (Webserver and Pine64)
There is a lot of more things that can be done. If you have good ideas or if you would like to join me on this project, let me know.

Sad Received two months ago still no good
Posted by: black screens matter - 09-01-2016, 04:42 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (3)

I received my pine 64 about two months ago.  I plugged it all in and nothing.  So I went to the live chat and asked for some assistance and all they kept asking was "what operating system are you running?"  I said "Its not running at all." So in frustration, I sent an email off to tech support at pine and also bought a new class 10 sd card and reloaded the Linux operating system on it.  Nothing on both counts.  The system didn't go and I did not hear from tech support. So I sent another request for help to tech support and also sent an message through kickstarter to the pine 64 folks.  Still nothing.  So how do I get some help getting this started?  I tried different monitors.  Tried running it with and without the Ethernet cord plugged in, still nothing.

LCD Panel not working at all
Posted by: treize - 09-01-2016, 04:23 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (7)

Hi,

just received my playbox enclosure and I'm now having my complete playbox kit at home.
The board - works (at least HDMI)
on/off button soldered - works
WiFi/BT Module - works
enclosure - perfect fit

But the LCD Panel doesn't switch on. I've tried and checked the ribbon and connectors about a dozen times. The cable fits and is perfectly aligned, so all pins should be aligned correctly. Sadly: No glitching, no flashing, just plain black display and the touch panel isn't working either.

Could it be DOA  Huh

Cry Cry Cry 

Kind regards

treize

Lost parcel and replacement shipment
Posted by: aegiap - 09-01-2016, 02:41 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

Hello,

The original shipment for my kickstarter pledge was send a couple month ago but it was lost by the local post in june 2016.
The pine64 support reply to my inquiry on august 23 2016 saying a replacement shipment will be send "ASAP". 
Do you have any information or tracking code about this replacement shipment ?

Maybe TL Lim has some information about it ?

My backer number: 20
  The old tracking code for the original shipment: LM016242605CN
  Reference of the issue opened on the french post side : NR1-1780768119

I hope to get my pine64 boards some day.

Regards.

Pine64 malfunction
Posted by: ryfong704 - 09-01-2016, 02:11 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (4)

Hi, I got a pine64 for my birthday and it worked fine for about a month or so but just recently I've found that it keeps restarting four or five seconds into boot. I've tried using a different is but the same problem persists. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

LCD screen with android, runs fine, screen does not turn back on..?
Posted by: GhostlyAspens - 09-01-2016, 12:11 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (2)

I was having problems getting the 7" touch screen to work and found out it was the image I was using. So I went and downloaded phoenix card and the image from pine 64 "lcd-version-20160419" and after the first few boots, it works great. Everything is running smooth even though strangely enough phoenix card failed to burn the image about 3 times and on the 4th time, it worked. Well now the problem is that if I let the screen turn off on its own or I hit the little power button I have on the board and leave it for a few seconds, I can't get the screen to turn back on unless I reset the whole unit with the reset button. They are both the buttons you can get from pine64 for like 50 cents each. I don't think it is a poor connection since the buttons work fine unless the screen is off and then it seems like the power button is completely unresponsive. Anyone else having this problem? I just got the playbox case and also have the (official pine64) battery installed.