Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,116
» Latest member: doddsy
» Forum threads: 15,685
» Forum posts: 114,564

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Automatic screen rotation
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 05:58 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 4,794
Updated Physical Keyboard...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: jakfish
Yesterday, 04:48 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 27
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
Yesterday, 09:27 AM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 2,185
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: Pavlos1
Yesterday, 05:48 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 85
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 01:52 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 1,989
Firefox does not work on ...
Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone
Last Post: joe1
04-27-2024, 08:12 PM
» Views: 27
emmc speed via usb?
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: joe1
04-27-2024, 08:07 PM
» Views: 29
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
04-27-2024, 05:42 AM
» Views: 56
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
04-26-2024, 09:22 PM
» Views: 41
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64

Setting a specific pin to high status when the device powered
Posted by: mbt28 - 10-05-2016, 09:48 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (10)

Hi,

I would like to use a linbus tranceiver to boot up my pine64. When the IC senses traffic it wakes up and provides current for 20ms. When the board powered it has to set CSL/WAKE pin to high to have continues power. So how can I set a pin to high status when the board powered?

I dont want to use arduino or other microcontroller, it makes my board even more complex.

Thanks.

No Touchscreen
Posted by: swissmade - 10-05-2016, 05:10 AM - Forum: Windows 10 IoT - Replies (7)

Hi all,

There is no touchscreen usage on W10

Any idea

order to Israel
Posted by: Akiva - 10-04-2016, 02:31 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (1)

Hi Pine64!

my experience till now is very frustrating.
I backed the kickstarter project at Dec. 16th 2015 and pledged 31$ for the A64+ model with delivery.
at february 18th I got an email referring me to a backerit survey asking me to upgrade my pledge in which I payed for 5 units with wifi enclosures etc. a total of 174.92 USD.
at April 6th the shipment of the first unit was sent with no enclosure.
while I repeatedly sent emails to the support I never got a single reply.

I really tried to be patient and understanding till now, I sure understand you're under a lot of load but after so much time I feel I deserve at least an answer what's going on with my shipment.

thanks for replying.

--
Akiva

Ubuntu - my 2cents
Posted by: S265 - 10-04-2016, 12:31 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (7)

Hi all. Currently using Ubuntu Mate, while experimenting with OpenSuse and admiring Debian. Most things work on Ubuntu while a steady flow of upgrades and improvements keep coming out. Unfortunately Mate-system-monitor (25-30%) and the X-server (25-30%) grab the lions share of cpu. Any thoughts on why this may be the case? Is it to do with lack of Mali support?
On my normal day to day desktop, the x-server is using minimal resources. I would like to see this in Ubuntu Mate.

Firefox is also a heavy user of cpu and memory, probaby because of web pages with masses of images and graphics and media. But newer releases of Firefox are very good at releasing resources as soon as a page is closed. So some consolation here. I am Interested to hear your observations

Order #12185
Posted by: NeoDrakkon - 10-03-2016, 10:06 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (5)

Hey,

I should receive the PINE64 PlayBox Enclosure.

I never received the letter to make the lifting of enconmenda since moved house and the new tenant did not tell me.

And I noticed now, on tracking site (I check last weak and wasn't been updated...), which is to be returned. Is there any option to be delivered again this time at a different address?

Best Regards,

Pine64 Layer case
Posted by: modmypi - 10-03-2016, 04:57 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (2)

Hello to all!

We received a few Pine64's from the KS and decided to make a layer case for it:

[Image: DSC_0721.jpg]

Just a limited run, as we wanted something a little different to coat our Pine's in, and they looked really nice, so thought I would see if there's demand:

If anyone's interested, they are available from the following link:

https://www.modmypi.com/electronics/pine...case-black

-- Jake

cannot play any video
Posted by: aneryan - 10-03-2016, 01:40 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (5)

still no gpu driver yet?
im tried to play video with debian and i have try ubuntu too... the audio is good... but the video is really really bad Big Grin
#sorry for my bad english

Photo Playbox LCD on Linux
Posted by: MackPI - 10-02-2016, 10:53 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (10)

I got the LCD working on XFCE Debian running on the 3.10.102-3-pine64-longsleep kernel running on a 2GB Pine64+.

I have a list of instructions on github.com along with the device tree blob and script that worked for me.

I have only tested this on my own pine64+ playbox.

I am looking for help with testing and improving the instructions.

edited:  added pic to database; click to enlarge

HowTo working with MPD and analog sound
Posted by: caragk - 10-02-2016, 01:54 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (3)

I did want to use my Pine64 as a Music Player Daemon linked to my sound system with the jack thing. It took me some time and I made this thread to help those who want to do quite the same thing. I hope my English will be undersandable.

To work with the jack and audiocodec the longsleep's posts helped a lot :

To get rid of the need of sudoing alsamixer :
Code:
sudo usermod -a -G audio username

The MPD package is not in the stable or backports repositories. In fact it is. But not with the arm64 arch. So you can install it with its dependencies in a multi-arch way (mpd:armhf). I prefer another way : mpd:arm64 is in the testing repo. I find much easier (and safier) to deal with testing than with multiarch.

The difficulty then was to find the proper settings for the sound card (amixer helped a lot). Here they are :
Code:
/etc/mpd.conf
audio_output {
    type        "alsa"
    name        "My ALSA Device"
    device        "hw:1"
    mixer_type      "hardware"
    mixer_device    "hw:1"
    mixer_control    "headphone volume"
    mixer_index    "0"
}

And then it worked.

Possible to get 4K resolution on Linux desktop?
Posted by: tycoonbob - 10-02-2016, 09:02 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

So I finally got my first PINE 2GB setup with Home Assistant doing all the cool stuff I wanted it for, and am really happy with it.  I'm now in need of a small form factor system that can run Linux (distro unimportant) with a 4K resolution on the desktop (DE also unimportant).  

It will be used as a camera viewing station, either pulling directly from my Unifi Video webpage showing 4-6 camera feeds, or I will use some software to pull 4-6 RTSP feeds.  Either way, I want a 4K resolution to use with a 27" 4K monitor.

Would total be interested in buying another PINE if it could handle this.  My preference would be running DietPi (Debian 8 based) with OpenBox, but could run LXDE or XFCE.  Would use Chrome/Chromium as the browser if I went with viewing from the UniFi Video webUI, and undecided on the RTSP software I'd use.

Thoughts?