The best media center for IPTV ?
Hello guys.

I'm looking for the best media center for my pinebook to watch IPTV

Kodi in Ubuntu Mate ? I've tested. So slow, so sad ! I know, some threads talk about this default.

VLC in Ubuntu Mate, yes, it's ok, but not so glam isn'it ?

Kodi on Android 6.01,  Confused so slow too

GPS SMART IPTV on Android 6.01, it's a good solution. But, it's cost 2$ without publicities.

Have you another idea ? rather than in Ubuntu.

Thanks for your ideas.
Kodi on Android is slow? My Pine Board worked fine with Kodi in android. When you say slow, do you mean slow as in click and wait, or video is choppy/cutting out? Also, is there any difference when ran on Outlet vs Battery?
I say slow because the mouse movements are slow; it's less worth than with Ubuntu, but almost unuseful I think.
Try the a7.1 build from ayufan - its considerably faster. Do note that you want to run Android from eMMC not off of SD. Head over to the android section and try my a7.1 installer.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

OK Luke, I'm going to try Android 7.1.
Personnaly, I prefer a linux distrib, but as like as we say in France "faute de grive, on mange des merles"
(07-08-2017, 02:06 PM)jmbernabotto Wrote: OK Luke, I'm going to try Android 7.1.

I got enough Android-devices (dont like Android so much).
So I will use Q4OS and wait when the real GFX-Chip support will be available :-)
All my Android devices do work well with Android 7.1.2 (LineageOS) - so no problem for me to wait :-)
(07-08-2017, 02:06 PM)jmbernabotto Wrote: OK Luke, I'm going to try Android 7.1.
Personnaly, I prefer a linux distrib, but as like as we say in France "faute de grive, on mange des merles"

Indeed, beggars can't be choosers. A7.1 should work nicely.

(07-08-2017, 02:31 PM)guidol Wrote:

I got enough Android-devices (dont like Android so much).
So I will use Q4OS and wait when the real GFX-Chip support will be available :-)
All my Android devices do work well with Android 7.1.2 (LineageOS) - so no problem for me to wait :-)

What do you mean exactly bu real graphics support ? there is only so much we can do on Linux Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Android 7.1 is very quick indeed. I don't like so much Android, but I have to say that with the pinebook, it's very efficient.
I use GSE Smart IPTV.
I'm going to try Kodi in order to see if it's a good solution.
I wish a linux distrib with real graphics support.
(07-09-2017, 11:29 AM)jmbernabotto Wrote: I wish a linux distrib with real graphics support.
Me too :-)
(07-09-2017, 01:06 PM)guidol Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 11:29 AM)jmbernabotto Wrote: I wish a linux distrib with real graphics support.
Me too :-)

Smile
Hi Guidol. Have you tested Q4OS ? 
I have, it's a good distrib but, in my mind, the look and feel is so sad, so Windows 98 !!
I prefer Ubuntu Mate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  spacebar not responding unless hitting the exact center evil 1 2,593 08-28-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777