Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,032
» Latest member: apache
» Forum threads: 15,651
» Forum posts: 114,406

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bes2600 driver
Forum: PineTab Hardware
Last Post: diederik
9 hours ago
» Replies: 53
» Views: 11,862
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: JohnA
Yesterday, 08:51 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,040
Right hand mouse click on...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: oiyounutter
Yesterday, 05:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
PineTab2 corrupted EMMC
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: oiyounutter
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 858
irradium (based on crux l...
Forum: Linux on Quartz64
Last Post: mara
Yesterday, 12:53 PM
» Views: 26
PinePhone only turns on s...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: zvavybir
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 86
Reboot ending with INFINI...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: plainsman
03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
» Views: 48
irradium (based on crux l...
Forum: Linux on RockPro64
Last Post: mara
03-25-2024, 12:12 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 345
signal for pinefon
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Pavlos1
03-25-2024, 09:25 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 129
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1,515

General SBC question and Linux
Posted by: jkmooney - 09-29-2016, 06:35 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (13)

So, I'm new to SBCs but not quite so new to Linux (started out with RedHat 4.2 after becoming disillusioned with OS/2 Warp).  What I'm seeing with the Pine64 is the potential for creating a decent multi-media computer that can run on minimal power.  This intrigues me.  I could build a multi-media box to run off my solar array when I go camping (Ok...."glamping"....I'll own that Wink )   or, use it as a way to stream games from my "big computer" to my basement TV.
On the Pine 64, I can pretty much do that now with Remix OS (although a Steam Controller driver would be great) but I kinda miss the flexibility and familiarity of Linux.  (and my steam controller works with Linux thanks to GitHub).

So, a question for those more experienced with SBCs; are there any you could recommend for my next project?  Arm or Intel Atom as long as power requirements are low.

Pine64 Steaming Device
Posted by: chasbel2112 - 09-29-2016, 10:12 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

https://www.linux.com/learn/turn-your-fe...mart-tv-30

I'm interested in attempting to create what is described in the above tutorial and was wondering if anyone else had done this particular mod before. What's your experience? Would my newly constructed device be on par with my Roku 3? (HD, Surround sound, etc). Anything else I should know that the article doesn't make clear?

Thank you in advance!

Acrylic case with Lipo Holder and 2 Tactile push button included
Posted by: killor - 09-29-2016, 07:11 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (9)

HI !

I just finished the new design acrylic enclosure for 64 Pine /64+  

It has more space and carries a double bottom to accommodate the lipo batteries. Big Grin 

Also several enclosure can be stacked to create a cluster..

At the bottom or at the top you can put a mini fan to help keep cool your computer.

Soon be available for sale on AMAZON and EBAY

Stepping out on a limb here...
Posted by: UnixOutlaw - 09-29-2016, 03:32 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (2)

Why is Pine64+ such a great "fumante secchio di merda di cane"?

It really is a "pezzo di merda"...  Just when I get everything going the way I want - the F--KING hardware lets me down...

Had it running DietPI with a battery and hooked up to my Motorola Lapdock...  got all the software I wanted running sweet (Chromium, Qute, Synergy)...

Now it HARDLY ever powers on - the power LED will come on then it will go off...   When it is running - if I pull the power - EVEN with a LIPO battery connected to either the BAT in JST connector or via the EULER bus - it just shuts off...  Even if it's been UP for hours and I pull the power, it dies in its arse...  The battery should have charged up by now...  I'm going to re-wire the 2 batteries I've been testing (2000 mAh and 2500 mAh) and see if they run NTC CHIP and charge up okay on there - just so I can prove them as "GOOD KNOWN BATTERIES"!

It won't power on connected to the lapdock...  CHIP and Banana LOVE the Lapdock!

I did manage to get it to power up and stay on earlier today - by running a PLOX USB charger into it, then charging the PLOX from the Lapdock...

I just powered it down so I see if it will run on battery after being on for several hours - and also so KI could try another battery - and no!  It won't power up (or stay on) at ALL!

I'm also going to rig up some USB to EULER CHG in wires tonight...  I suspect there's something vile and stinking and putrescently DEAD in my Pine64...   I get pretty much exactly the same symptoms on my other pine board too...  But the one I'm using now is mounted inside the Zebra C4 "tall" case with a heatsink on the A64 chip...

Well there ya go!  I just got it to power on and stay on connected to the PLOX USB powerbank (that's all it's connected to)...  This "MERDA" feels like black magic half the time....  These things are SO FLAKY!  I'd NEVER run any production workload on them... they're UTTER RUBBISH!

NTC CHIP is rock solid - I've had one of them with continuous uptime over 150 days!  Yeah I'd run production workloads on CHIP!

If you hadn't guessed yet - I have a love/hate (mostly passionate HATRED) relationship with my Pine boards!

This may be purely anecdotal - but it seems if I leave it off for a bit... and disconnected from everything...

Then power it up with JUST the plox power it - wait some arbitrary period of time for it to boot up... then hook up peripherals - HDMI and USB for display and keyboard/mouse - it works... but not always... that's why it seems like black magic...

FFS! These things are SO SHODDY!

Getting Temperature/Humidity/Ambient Light data with Python
Posted by: Yomet - 09-28-2016, 03:34 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (8)

Hi,

I have tried to get data from both the Temp/Humidity and the Ambient Light sensor by using python and python-smbus. I have found and read the tech docs of both adapters as specified by Pine64 but have not gotten all the way to reading the correct data, i.e. I get data from the T/H sensor but it says that it's -5 C inside and I don't believe that since I'm sitting in short-sleeves...  Smile

I also found the posts from khgoh (http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=231&page=3) and skimmed through the source code for the WifiRemoteI2C server but that is in C (C++) and does not help me at all, or rather, it does not help me solving it in python...

My problem is that the value I get from the T/H sensor does not convert correctly into the ambient temperature and relative humidity.

I would really appreciate if someone told me where I am going wrong and how to correct it.

Many thanks

DS

Source:

Code:
import smbus
import time

bus = smbus.SMBus(1)
address = 0x40
cmd_temp = 0xE3
cmd_humid = 0xE5
temp = 0L
humid = 0L

temp = bus.read_word_data(address, cmd_humid)
print "RH read_word_data returns ", humid
print ""
humid = 125.0 * humid / 65536 - 6
print "RH: ", humid, " %"
print ""
print ""

temp = bus.read_word_data(address, cmd_temp)
print "Temp read_word_data returns ", temp
print ""
temp = 175.72 * temp / 65536 - 46.85
print "Temperature: ", temp, " C"
print ""
print ""

Output:

Code:
debian@pine64:~/i2c$ python getTemp2.py
RH read_word_data returns  0

RH:  -6.0  %

Temp read_word_data returns  10341

Temperature:  -19.1229412842  C

debian@pine64:~/i2c$

surveillance control center for ip cameras
Posted by: Miguel Campos - 09-28-2016, 08:41 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - No Replies

Hi guys
   After some time having the pine finally I have decided a practical use for it.
I'm getting an ip camera for testing sricam sp013  and I will try to create some kind of control center with my pine.
so I can control then without sending data to Chinese pages :-)
and I can access it through internet.

Has any one try anything like this?
any advice on which can be a good point to start?

Regards.
Guybrush

Time Capsule - failing getting libkrb5-dev
Posted by: wojciech_czyz - 09-28-2016, 08:11 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (1)

Hi,

I have been trying to get working Time Capsule using Debian of Pine64, yet following many of the threads there are always some problems.
I am stuck getting libkrb5-dev:

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential devscripts debhelper cdbs autotools-dev dh-buildinfo libdb-dev libwrap0-dev libpam0g-dev libcups2-dev libkrb5-dev libltdl3-dev libgcrypt11-dev libcrack2-dev libavahi-client-dev libldap2-dev libacl1-dev libevent-dev d-shlibs dh-systemd avahi-daemon libc6-dev libnss-mdns

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libkrb5-dev : Depends: krb5-multidev (= 1.12.1+dfsg-19+deb8u2) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I used the image from Pine64.pro

Debian Mate (3.10.102 BSP 2), Released Jul 18 2016

Updated kernel, uboot and packages, yet always get this.

Is there solution for this?

Thank you!
Wojciech

Where to start
Posted by: Freedom1029 - 09-28-2016, 06:41 AM - Forum: openHAB - Replies (12)

Hi there,
I am starting with my Pine64 board and want to install OpenHab.  As it is, I have an empty SD card.  So my question is how to proceed to get up and running with openhab.
Thanks,

Order #8165002
Posted by: Akke920 - 09-28-2016, 04:58 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (5)

Hello, this order has ben held by the customs in SHENZHEN since 2016-09-06.

Could you solve this with the carrier please? This order was made in August so i've waited a pretty long time already.

Thank you!

Tracking number: LX970003649CN

3,5mm audio out not working
Posted by: MikkoL - 09-28-2016, 01:32 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

Hello, 

I don't seem to be getting audio from 3,5mm jack working. I have tried ayufan's Android 5.1 and 7.0 builds (TV and no TV), to no luck whatsoever. Also tried plugging the jack only after a reboot, but still nothing. Sound comes only through HDMI. 

Can anybody help? Or confirm that it really doesn't work? From what I read, this has been an issue before, but some reports at least from the Linux side are saying it shold work.

Mikko