New Design NVMe Adaptor?
Question 
In October, another post hinted at the arrival of a redesigned NVMe adaptor?
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8117

Does anyone have any idea when this might arrive? I still have the old adaptor that can't be used without obstructing the trackpad's click functionality.
There was a post made detailing whihc email address to reach out to if you purchased the first board, with the order number. I think from the order number they were determining exactly which parts were in need of replacement and sending those. (Some got sent with shorter retainer clip for the NVMe drive, it sounds like you've got one of the earlier ones that had the taller clip.)

I submitted my info that day but I haven't see/heard anything yet (I really just want the revised cable, the old one gets easily pinched and the drive disappears for me then.) From what i understand the new bard kit revision is now the one sent/received whenever you order one from the Pine store.
(05-11-2020, 09:21 AM)tophneal Wrote: There was a post made detailing whihc email address to reach out to if you purchased the first board, with the order number. I think from the order number they were determining exactly which parts were in need of replacement and sending those. (Some got sent with shorter retainer clip for the NVMe drive, it sounds like you've got one of the earlier ones that had the taller clip.)

I submitted my info that day but I haven't see/heard anything yet (I really just want the revised cable, the old one gets easily pinched and the drive disappears for me then.) From what i understand the new bard kit revision is now the one sent/received whenever you order one from the Pine store.

Hi Tophneal,

Is the adaptor in this image the old or new design? When I previously tried to fit it the board the ribbon didn't align with the ZIF connectors, and the board overlapped the trackpad sensor.

Attached Files
.jpg   photo_2020-05-14_09-13-42.jpg (Size: 192.44 KB / Downloads: 386)
(05-14-2020, 02:13 AM)Feakster Wrote: Hi Tophneal,

Is the adaptor in this image the old or new design? When I previously tried to fit it the board the ribbon didn't align with the ZIF connectors, and the board overlapped the trackpad sensor.

Yes, that's the new board. From what i understand, the board will overlap the trackpad still, but that wasn't the initial cause of the trackpad interference issue. The too tall retaining clip making contact with the touchpad was the problem (thus why those using 2280 drives had the issue, while 2242 and 2230 users do not.) Concerning the cable not lining up, my guess is that the wrong cable was grabbed when packing your order. I would advise contact support about getting the correct one.
I was just thinking about this today, glad so see another post. I must have missed that email since I have a PBP from November and I have the original NVMe adapter but never received any additional parts.Thankfully I haven't been in a huge hurry to use an NVMe drive but it would be nice to be able to when needed. Is it just the general support email address?
(05-15-2020, 11:56 AM)GLSRacer Wrote: I was just thinking about this today, glad so see another post. I must have missed that email since I have a PBP from November and I have the original NVMe adapter but never received any additional parts.Thankfully I haven't been in a huge hurry to use an NVMe drive but it would be nice to be able to when needed. Is it just the general support email address?

It wasn't an email, it was a post made here on the forum. I'd have to dig it up, but they didn't send out emails, they posted the process to email your submission for a replacement.
(05-15-2020, 11:56 AM)GLSRacer Wrote: I was just thinking about this today, glad so see another post. I must have missed that email since I have a PBP from November and I have the original NVMe adapter but never received any additional parts.Thankfully I haven't been in a huge hurry to use an NVMe drive but it would be nice to be able to when needed. Is it just the general support email address?

Same. I was happy to use the eMMC while it wasn't possible to boot from the NVMe. However, I'd prefer to switch to the NVMe now. Manjaro has become a lot more stable and booting from the NVMe is now a possibility.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Working nVME gilwood 0 155 02-12-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: gilwood
  NVME problems 2022 / Intel 660p 1TB Starbug 1 1,419 04-04-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: globaltree
Thumbs Up NVMe adapter, Great addition dachalife 2 1,725 11-28-2022, 12:56 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  NVMe drives not detected mattpenn 12 10,039 03-05-2022, 04:53 AM
Last Post: mattpenn
  NVme intall usage? tkudog 2 2,794 03-04-2022, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Tazdevl
  Anyone selling a spare NVMe adapter in Europe? tom.tomasz 1 1,793 01-03-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tom.tomasz
  NVMe-related crashes and instability, plus a solution simonsouth 13 14,364 12-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Last Post: josmo
  NVMe SSD testing methodology halogen 1 2,555 07-22-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: calinb
Question Battery stops charging and NVMe and other media disconnect randomly Eey0zu6O 4 4,633 07-09-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: moonwalkers
  nvme drive disappears after about an hour of uptime codebreaker 25 31,455 02-09-2021, 11:32 PM
Last Post: dsimic