No Android build working!
(06-18-2020, 07:38 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 07:11 AM)slow_motion Wrote: Ok so if i understood your explanation, all i need to do is download the three binaries and execute the bash script, this would maintain manjaro as the primary os on emmc, and i would then be able to boot android from sd.
The next question is how can i be sure that i have the v2 branch please?

That is correct! On the Github page, right under the Code tab, there's a branch dropdown selector.

Hi again, sorry but no luck with the update. Deep sleep isn't working either, so i don't know if the update was successful.
Is there a simple way to check this out?
At the end of the script, another script was executed to clean the boot, but i was afraid to delete the files suggested by the script, so maybe that's why it didn't work?
(06-19-2020, 02:54 AM)slow_motion Wrote: Hi again, sorry but no luck with the update. Deep sleep isn't working either, so i don't know if the update was successful.
Is there a simple way to check this out?
At the end of the script, another script was executed to clean the boot, but i was afraid to delete the files suggested by the script, so maybe that's why it didn't work?

No worries!

You really don't even need all of the script, you just need these 3 lines from the script run in terminal:

Code:
sudo dd if=idbloader.img of=<eMMC/microSD> bs=32k seek=1 conv=fsync
sudo dd if=u-boot.img of=<eMMC/microSD> bs=64k seek=128 conv=fsync
sudo dd if=trust.img of=<eMMC/microSD> bs=64k seek=192 conv=fsync

you can use any disk management software to find out if your emmc is mmcblk0 or mmcblk1 (do NOT write it to a partition ie mmcblk0p1.)

For deep sleep, there's a single file change that gets made to enable it. This post outlines what you need to do (you can skip the first step) https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...0#pid68720
(06-19-2020, 06:14 AM)tophneal Wrote: You really don't even need all of the script, you just need these 3 lines from the script run in terminal:

Code:
sudo dd if=idbloader.img of=<eMMC/microSD> bs=32k seek=1 conv=fsync
sudo dd if=u-boot.img of=<eMMC/microSD> bs=64k seek=128 conv=fsync
sudo dd if=trust.img of=<eMMC/microSD> bs=64k seek=192 conv=fsync

Yes that's what i ended up doing, but still no luck booting the android image.

I went to /boot/ to check what's in there, and i can only see idbloader.img modified on june 13th. u-boot.img and trust.img aren't there.

(06-19-2020, 06:14 AM)tophneal Wrote: you can use any disk management software to find out if your emmc is mmcblk0 or mmcblk1 (do NOT write it to a partition ie mmcblk0p1.)
I used the command

Code:
[root@MakkiPBP ~]# findmnt -n -o SOURCE /
/dev/mmcblk2p2
so i deduced that emmc is mmcblk2.

(06-19-2020, 06:14 AM)tophneal Wrote: For deep sleep, there's a single file change that gets made to enable it. This post outlines what you need to do (you can skip the first step) https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...0#pid68720
I'll give this a try soon and see how it goes (maybe my PBP isn't cursed after all Big Grin)

Thanks again for your time.
(06-19-2020, 01:12 PM)slow_motion Wrote: Yes that's what i ended up doing, but still no luck booting the android image.

I went to /boot/ to check what's in there, and i can only see idbloader.img modified on june 13th. u-boot.img and trust.img aren't there.

What does the PBP do when you try to boot the Android SD?

You won't actually see them there. IIRC, the Manjaro partitions are offset from those areas of the drive that the uboot imgs actually reside. What you see in /boot are the mainline uboot files that can be updated with Manjaro (when updating Manjaro's uboot packages in CLI, you'll actually see a message to write the updated files to the drive and complete the uboot update.)
(06-19-2020, 01:20 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 01:12 PM)slow_motion Wrote: Yes that's what i ended up doing, but still no luck booting the android image.

What does the PBP do when you try to boot the Android SD?

It just boot to manjaro. The microSD isn't the problem because when i already booted debian and kali with the same card.
When Manjaro boots, instead of the SD, does Manjaro mount or show the SD?

If you downloaded any other Android imgs, it might be worth verifying that you're only working with the specific android that was linked. All the Androids linked for specific SD card sizes, will do that exact same thing.
(06-19-2020, 01:31 PM)tophneal Wrote: When Manjaro boots, instead of the SD, does Manjaro mount or show the SD?

If you downloaded any other Android imgs, it might be worth verifying that you're only working with the specific android that was linked. All the Androids linked for specific SD card sizes, will do that exact same thing.
No it doesn't even detect the SD. Whereas it immediately shows the SD when i flash debian.
I will flash the android image linked again using etcher, in case i got confused with the images.
(06-19-2020, 01:34 PM)slow_motion Wrote: No it doesn't even detect the SD. Whereas it immediately shows the SD when i flash debian.
I will flash the android image linked again using etcher, in case i got confused with the images.

I'd say go ahead and delete all the andoird imgs you downloaded, then download the confirmed working one (again?) that should help clear out any clutter/confusion.
(06-19-2020, 01:36 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 01:34 PM)slow_motion Wrote: No it doesn't even detect the SD. Whereas it immediately shows the SD when i flash debian.

I'd say go ahead and delete all the andoird imgs you downloaded, then download the confirmed working one (again?) that should help clear out any clutter/confusion.

Still booting to Manjaro despite flashing the sd again.
Maybe i'm missing something, here's the system info attached.

Attached Files
.png   sysinfo.png (Size: 26.96 KB / Downloads: 450)
What's in KDE's partiton manager?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google on Android? KC9UDX 21 28,515 03-17-2023, 11:35 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Getting platform tools working like I'm used to? bastafari 20 27,635 12-24-2020, 01:14 AM
Last Post: jonnyhawk
  MD5 On Android jaysistar 0 2,659 03-14-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: jaysistar
  Arguments for android support metcalsr 20 30,558 02-08-2020, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Idaho
Exclamation All android buillds on wiki for Microsd missing GPT? TDC_PBP 14 20,667 01-31-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Any word about Android builds? tophneal 36 48,557 01-26-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Account
  Flashing Updated U-Boot on Android tophneal 6 10,276 01-16-2020, 06:05 AM
Last Post: tophneal