PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread.
(02-17-2021, 12:36 PM)mrgreymatter Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 04:43 AM)eugenr Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 12:17 PM)mrgreymatter Wrote: Still nothing. No emails, no updates, and no phone. I received an email 20 days ago and now, as i approach a month later I still have only the original email. I've been tracking the forums, watching the updates and now I'm beginning to get frustrated.

There is info also in the last update: https://www.pine64.org/2021/02/15/februa...-and-tell/

I'm quoting from there:

Quote:As some of you are aware, we ran into issues with DHL shipments in late January and early February. Long story short, we effectively had to reship an entire palette of KDE CE PinePhones twice due to a DHL error. This threw a wrench into our schedule;

Quote:As I mentioned in the opening bit of this blog entry, CNY is now upon us and there will be no manufacturing or shipping activity until late February. All Pine Store contractors in Malaysia, China and Hong Kong are now enjoying time off with their families and close ones (where permissible, of course, given COVID19 is still rampant). To those of you awaiting a response from the support or info teams, please be aware that you will not receive a reply until after CNY. If you have an urgent query concerning your shipping or order status, i.e., a query which cannot wait, then please reach out to me or one of the moderators in our chats.
I've no doubt that these updates are somewhere, I've looked thought the forums and read the posts. As I said, I'm a customer who has exchanged money for a goods, if I had received the product and began making excuses for the reasons I couldn't pay, would that be acceptable? No it wouldn't; there's no argument there. What if the understanding was that I would receive the product and pay later but then my car broke down and I had to get it fixed, what would be appropriate then? Would you be upset if I owed you 224$ and you hadn't hear from me in a month? What if you text me, asking about the money I owe you and I blew you off? What would you think of me then? Can I go a dig through the forums to locate a scrap of information regarding a high dollar order I've placed, I certainly can. But the question here isn't can I, it's should I. I have and email, and it's near free to use. I'm not asking for a phone to be sent over to me on Airforce one, I'm asking for an email with some updates. Some information on how this deficiency will be addressed. And to dgdimick, I don't appreciate your aggressive and insulting tone. You do not know me, nor do you know what sorts of experience I have in this realm. I'd ask that you limit your assumptions to zero and simply reply to the words I've written because nothing more can, or should, be inferred, thank you. I didn't fund a kick starter here, I purchased a product.
 Actually, It is something similar to kickstarter level. But I am agree with you, email is free and it would be more politely. We don't have to search info on forum, and discord or telegram channels.
(02-17-2021, 12:36 PM)mrgreymatter Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 04:43 AM)eugenr Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 12:17 PM)mrgreymatter Wrote: Still nothing. No emails, no updates, and no phone. I received an email 20 days ago and now, as i approach a month later I still have only the original email. I've been tracking the forums, watching the updates and now I'm beginning to get frustrated.

There is info also in the last update: https://www.pine64.org/2021/02/15/februa...-and-tell/

I'm quoting from there:

Quote:As some of you are aware, we ran into issues with DHL shipments in late January and early February. Long story short, we effectively had to reship an entire palette of KDE CE PinePhones twice due to a DHL error. This threw a wrench into our schedule;

Quote:As I mentioned in the opening bit of this blog entry, CNY is now upon us and there will be no manufacturing or shipping activity until late February. All Pine Store contractors in Malaysia, China and Hong Kong are now enjoying time off with their families and close ones (where permissible, of course, given COVID19 is still rampant). To those of you awaiting a response from the support or info teams, please be aware that you will not receive a reply until after CNY. If you have an urgent query concerning your shipping or order status, i.e., a query which cannot wait, then please reach out to me or one of the moderators in our chats.
I've no doubt that these updates are somewhere, I've looked thought the forums and read the posts. As I said, I'm a customer who has exchanged money for a goods, if I had received the product and began making excuses for the reasons I couldn't pay, would that be acceptable? No it wouldn't; there's no argument there. What if the understanding was that I would receive the product and pay later but then my car broke down and I had to get it fixed, what would be appropriate then? Would you be upset if I owed you 224$ and you hadn't hear from me in a month? What if you text me, asking about the money I owe you and I blew you off? What would you think of me then? Can I go a dig through the forums to locate a scrap of information regarding a high dollar order I've placed, I certainly can. But the question here isn't can I, it's should I. I have and email, and it's near free to use. I'm not asking for a phone to be sent over to me on Airforce one, I'm asking for an email with some updates. Some information on how this deficiency will be addressed. And to dgdimick, I don't appreciate your aggressive and insulting tone. You do not know me, nor do you know what sorts of experience I have in this realm. I'd ask that you limit your assumptions to zero and simply reply to the words I've written because nothing more can, or should, be inferred, thank you. I didn't fund a kick starter here, I purchased a product.

PM me in one of the chats and I'll help check whats going on with your order.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I personally have had nothing but bad experiences with DHL. (This is in New Zealand.) The two that really stood out were delivery of small tree saplings for the garden. They threw the first one out by the garage somewhere and it was just lucky I spotted it before the sun hit that area and would have killed it.

Possibly just one bad driver? But then they did it *again* with another sapling. Hopeless.

I don't know if you have any choice of shippers, but if so, another company may be worth trying.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS: Mobian Bookworm, Phosh. Pinephone Braveheart from 2020-02-11
It sucks that because of the incompetence of carrier service companies it's usually the seller's that get the blame. USPS for example is notorious for screwing up and losing peoples mail. Though Pine64 should do some research on the companies before doing business with them and make them own up if they screw up. Amazon even called their asses out for holding courier services back.
(04-05-2021, 12:14 PM)FOSSagent0 Wrote: It sucks that because of the incompetence of carrier service companies it's usually the seller's that get the blame. USPS for example is notorious for screwing up and losing peoples mail. Though Pine64 should do some research on the companies before doing business with them and make them own up if they screw up. Amazon even called their asses out for holding courier services back.

Amazon should just STFU, since they have a sweet deal with USPS, you and I couldn't ship any item for the Price USPS gives Amazon.

As for shipping providers, we are in the middle of a "pandemic", and two things are happening, the common carriers are being overloaded with work, as well as more people are helping stuff "fall of a truck", so we are seeing more stuff not show up at our doors.
Hi all, I am closing this thread now that the PinePhone BE and Pinebook Pro shipping thread opened.
If you have any outstanding questions regarding KDE CE or Mobian CE shipping, please open a separate thread.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,066 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 87,959 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,248 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,102 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,660 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,163 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,503 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,230 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,543 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 5,979 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo