PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread.
Still nothing. No emails, no updates, and no phone. I received an email 20 days ago and now, as i approach a month later I still have only the original email. I've been tracking the forums, watching the updates and now I'm beginning to get frustrated. I created a ticket and got a canned response which provided nothing in the way of actual information, if it had been on paper it would have been a waste of ink and fiber. Guys, where's the phone? Why am I, and I'm assuming a number of other people, still waiting for this device. My patience is wearing thin, what you're doing is really great, but distribution needs work. I could have purchased this on ebay a week ago for a couple bucks more than I paid you. I wanted the money to go to the Company blazing new pathways but that has to be balanced against my expectations for a return on my investment, at this point in time, that balance is considerably out of adjustment. This is something I certainly hope you can remedy for future production runs because, if I'm being honest, my frustration is approaching anger and an inversely proportional decrease in the likelihood of future transactions.
(02-12-2021, 12:17 PM)mrgreymatter Wrote: Still nothing. No emails, no updates, and no phone. I received an email 20 days ago and now, as i approach a month later I still have only the original email. I've been tracking the forums, watching the updates and now I'm beginning to get frustrated. I created a ticket and got a canned response which provided nothing in the way of actual information, if it had been on paper it would have been a waste of ink and fiber. Guys, where's the phone? Why am I, and I'm assuming a number of other people, still waiting for this device. My patience is wearing thin, what you're doing is really great, but distribution needs work. I could have purchased this on ebay a week ago for a couple bucks more than I paid you. I wanted the money to go to the Company blazing new pathways but that has to be balanced against my expectations for a return on my investment, at this point in time, that balance is considerably out of adjustment. This is something I certainly hope you can remedy for future production runs because, if I'm being honest, my frustration is approaching anger and an inversely proportional decrease in the likelihood of future transactions.

Not to be snarky, however, have you ever ordered anything from China before? Waiting a few weeks isn't unheard of, however, I do feel your pain. The website says the next shipping time frame is the end of Feb.

I did just get my KB and phone case, and they did send an email telling me when it did ship.
(02-13-2021, 04:16 AM)dgdimick Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 12:17 PM)mrgreymatter Wrote: Still nothing. No emails, no updates, and no phone. I received an email 20 days ago and now, as i approach a month later I still have only the original email. I've been tracking the forums, watching the updates and now I'm beginning to get frustrated. I created a ticket and got a canned response which provided nothing in the way of actual information, if it had been on paper it would have been a waste of ink and fiber. Guys, where's the phone? Why am I, and I'm assuming a number of other people, still waiting for this device. My patience is wearing thin, what you're doing is really great, but distribution needs work. I could have purchased this on ebay a week ago for a couple bucks more than I paid you. I wanted the money to go to the Company blazing new pathways but that has to be balanced against my expectations for a return on my investment, at this point in time, that balance is considerably out of adjustment. This is something I certainly hope you can remedy for future production runs because, if I'm being honest, my frustration is approaching anger and an inversely proportional decrease in the likelihood of future transactions.

Not to be snarky, however, have you ever ordered anything from China before? Waiting a few weeks isn't unheard of, however, I do feel your pain. The website says the next shipping time frame is the end of Feb.

I did just get my KB and phone case, and they did send an email telling me when it did ship.
I have, and you are absolutely correct in that it does take time for cross continent shipping. I'm fully tracking the issues that have been faced along the way and while I do appreciate the incredible accomplishment bringing this device to market represents, I cannot place on hold all reasonable expectations as a consumer. I believe the issue here is two fold, firstly I have market expectations for logistical considerations and second, I want this device in my hands. In short, while I'm aware I'm toeing the line of being unreasonable, I am convinced there is significant room for improvement.
(02-13-2021, 09:34 PM)mrgreymatter Wrote: I have, and you are absolutely correct in that it does take time for cross continent shipping. I'm fully tracking the issues that have been faced along the way and while I do appreciate the incredible accomplishment bringing this device to market represents, I cannot place on hold all reasonable expectations as a consumer. I believe the issue here is two fold, firstly I have market expectations for logistical considerations and second, I want this device in my hands. In short, while I'm aware I'm toeing the line of being unreasonable, I am convinced there is significant room for improvement.
Which version are you waiting for? I ordered on the 5th of February one of the refused KDE Editions, and I still haven't received any email from DHL. Seeing the way it's going I'm probably going to have to wait a little longer.
Hmmm. Ya. Ordered KDE Plasma Community Convergence package Feb 4th. I know how shipping from China goes but I have not received a tracking number or any emails from Pine since confirmation of order. The wait isn't what bothers me....the lack of a tracking number and communication is what upsets me.
All good things come in time....
(02-14-2021, 03:54 PM)fishinthecalculator Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 09:34 PM)mrgreymatter Wrote: I have, and you are absolutely correct in that it does take time for cross continent shipping. I'm fully tracking the issues that have been faced along the way and while I do appreciate the incredible accomplishment bringing this device to market represents, I cannot place on hold all reasonable expectations as a consumer. I believe the issue here is two fold, firstly I have market expectations for logistical considerations and second, I want this device in my hands. In short, while I'm aware I'm toeing the line of being unreasonable, I am convinced there is significant room for improvement.
Which version are you waiting for? I ordered on the 5th of February one of the refused KDE Editions, and I still haven't received any email from DHL. Seeing the way it's going I'm probably going to have to wait a little longer.

If i understand correctly, you will recive your mail only after 26 of February, because they not send them yet. "Estimate dispatch in February 22-26, 2021 week" - wrote on store page.

I bought, refused KDE, as you, i think it is ok to wait until 26 of February =)
(02-15-2021, 10:22 AM)m_mix Wrote:

If i understand correctly, you will recive your mail only after 26 of February, because they not send them yet. "Estimate dispatch in February 22-26, 2021 week" - wrote on store page.

I admire your patience. I feel inclined to express my amazement at your apparent ability to forgive a such a considerable trespass into the realm of arguably unreasonable committed by the KDE logistics team. I don't believe I can, nor that I should, accept so little communication regarding the current status of my order. In the age of digital communication, an email explaining in detail the issue and proposed solutions, is a bare minimum courtesy requiring minimal effort. I am exceedingly displeased with the service thus far provided. First it was January, then January 18, then mid February. Then February 22, now it's the 22-26th. What next, late April early December? Sometime in 2022? This is entirely unacceptable.
(02-17-2021, 03:49 AM)mrgreymatter Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 10:22 AM)m_mix Wrote:

I admire your patience. I feel inclined to express my amazement at your apparent ability to forgive a such a considerable trespass into the realm of arguably unreasonable committed by the KDE logistics team. I don't believe I can, nor that I should, accept so little communication regarding the current status of my order. In the age of digital communication, an email explaining in detail the issue and proposed solutions, is a bare minimum courtesy requiring minimal effort. I am exceedingly displeased with the service thus far provided. First it was January, then January 18, then mid February. Then February 22, now it's the 22-26th. What next, late April early December? Sometime in 2022? This is entirely unacceptable.
It's always fun to watch someone new to these types of projects start to understand how they work.

First it's the excitement, then it's frustration, then it's anger, then it's open attacks on the internet, then the product shows up, then they feel foolish.

Any level of research on the PhineXXXX projects would have shown that this is not a pay and play, it's a pay, and hurry up and wait.
The SIMPLE fact that the order page stated the possible issue of a few dead pixels, and the statement about shipping should have clued you in on the project.

Sorry if the post is a bit harsh, however, Pine64 is not Walmart, Verizon, T-Mobile, or any of the other large vendors, all of these type of projects are like this, pre-pay up front, and HURRY UP and WAIT.
(02-12-2021, 12:17 PM)mrgreymatter Wrote: Still nothing. No emails, no updates, and no phone. I received an email 20 days ago and now, as i approach a month later I still have only the original email. I've been tracking the forums, watching the updates and now I'm beginning to get frustrated.

There is info also in the last update: https://www.pine64.org/2021/02/15/februa...-and-tell/

I'm quoting from there:

Quote:As some of you are aware, we ran into issues with DHL shipments in late January and early February. Long story short, we effectively had to reship an entire palette of KDE CE PinePhones twice due to a DHL error. This threw a wrench into our schedule;

Quote:As I mentioned in the opening bit of this blog entry, CNY is now upon us and there will be no manufacturing or shipping activity until late February. All Pine Store contractors in Malaysia, China and Hong Kong are now enjoying time off with their families and close ones (where permissible, of course, given COVID19 is still rampant). To those of you awaiting a response from the support or info teams, please be aware that you will not receive a reply until after CNY. If you have an urgent query concerning your shipping or order status, i.e., a query which cannot wait, then please reach out to me or one of the moderators in our chats.
(02-17-2021, 04:43 AM)eugenr Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 12:17 PM)mrgreymatter Wrote: Still nothing. No emails, no updates, and no phone. I received an email 20 days ago and now, as i approach a month later I still have only the original email. I've been tracking the forums, watching the updates and now I'm beginning to get frustrated.

There is info also in the last update: https://www.pine64.org/2021/02/15/februa...-and-tell/

I'm quoting from there:

Quote:As some of you are aware, we ran into issues with DHL shipments in late January and early February. Long story short, we effectively had to reship an entire palette of KDE CE PinePhones twice due to a DHL error. This threw a wrench into our schedule;

Quote:As I mentioned in the opening bit of this blog entry, CNY is now upon us and there will be no manufacturing or shipping activity until late February. All Pine Store contractors in Malaysia, China and Hong Kong are now enjoying time off with their families and close ones (where permissible, of course, given COVID19 is still rampant). To those of you awaiting a response from the support or info teams, please be aware that you will not receive a reply until after CNY. If you have an urgent query concerning your shipping or order status, i.e., a query which cannot wait, then please reach out to me or one of the moderators in our chats.
I've no doubt that these updates are somewhere, I've looked thought the forums and read the posts. As I said, I'm a customer who has exchanged money for a goods, if I had received the product and began making excuses for the reasons I couldn't pay, would that be acceptable? No it wouldn't; there's no argument there. What if the understanding was that I would receive the product and pay later but then my car broke down and I had to get it fixed, what would be appropriate then? Would you be upset if I owed you 224$ and you hadn't hear from me in a month? What if you text me, asking about the money I owe you and I blew you off? What would you think of me then? Can I go a dig through the forums to locate a scrap of information regarding a high dollar order I've placed, I certainly can. But the question here isn't can I, it's should I. I have and email, and it's near free to use. I'm not asking for a phone to be sent over to me on Airforce one, I'm asking for an email with some updates. Some information on how this deficiency will be addressed. And to dgdimick, I don't appreciate your aggressive and insulting tone. You do not know me, nor do you know what sorts of experience I have in this realm. I'd ask that you limit your assumptions to zero and simply reply to the words I've written because nothing more can, or should, be inferred, thank you. I didn't fund a kick starter here, I purchased a product.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,100 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,326 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,731 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,166 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,693 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,190 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,514 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,899 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,857 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,005 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo