PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread.
[December 31, 2020] I've opened the KDE shipping thread a bit early to let you all know that we're currently approx 7-10 days behind schedule.
Long story short, a key component wasn't available until now. We were planning on shipping the KDE CE early January - this has now been pushed back to mid-January. I'll keep you posted on shipping progress in this thread.

[January 5, 2021] Following the slight (10 day) delay, were now back on track and everything is going smoothly. We currently expect to start shipping on January 18. Sorry for the delay.

PSA for UK users: We have been notified that our EU warehouse is no longer able to deliver PinePhones to the United Kingdom. This may result in order status being changed or cancelled. We are, however, working on a way to resolve this situation. As soon as something more is known, I'll make sure to update you here. We apologize for the situation - it is completely outside of our control.

[January 18, 2021] Shipping will start this week. As I already mentioned, we were running a bit behind schedule; the initial delay was caused by component shortages, but the production team also encountered some software problems late last week. These issues have now been sorted thanks to the KDE team, and the team will work though the night today and continue work on Tuesday to get all phones packaged for shipping.
Due to the COVID19 situation in Europe, DHL delivery to and from the EU warehouse are likely to be slower than usual (fewer flights from Hong Kong to EU, as well as slowdowns in deliveries between EU boarders).
Once again, apologies for this slight delay and your continued understanding Smile

[January 27, 2021] Some of you have today received an information from DHL that your PinePhone KDE CE was 'returned to shipper'. Having already accepted the shipment and all paperwork, DHL decided to take an issue with the size of battery warning sticker. A sticker size they've never taken issue with in the past I might add. As a result of this, new stickers will have to be issued and new paperwork will have to be filed. This should take about a week. We always own up when we mess up - but this one is completely on DHL. Regardless, we're sorry about the delay; shipping will work as fast as possible to resend the PinePhones.

For those of you in the US; most KDE CE PinePhones should be arriving any day now.
For those of you in Europe (excluding UK): the PinePhones are already at the EU warehouse and should be dispatched your way soon.

[January 30, 2021] Those of you who received 'returned to shipper' notification: the shipping team is working over the weekend to sort out the new battery warning stickers. We are aiming to have your units prepared for DHL pickup on Monday. Please accept DHL's apologies for this situation.

European users (aside from UK): shipment has already started and most of you should receive your unit this time next week.

[February 1, 2021] PinePhones which were previously 'returned to shipper' by DHL have now been dispatched. Thank you for your patience.

[February 5, 2021] Hello everyone, we've had some additional difficulties with DHL shipping these past 5 days (link here for those interested). We're sorry about the longer-than-expected wait. The good news is that all remaining KDE CE PinePhones have now been dispatches.
If you haven't received your DHL tracking number then please do not worry, you should receive it early next week at the latest. 

This, in all likelihood, concludes this update thread. Thank you once again for your patience.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

It's a new world and a new economy. Demand is going to explode for your devices. Thank you for the valuable updates and all the hard work you and your team put into this.
Thumbs Up 
Very excited for this. Thanks for keeping us updated!
Waiting for the kde pinephone to get to my house is the only really exciting thing lately. It's the small things that count. Can't wait to unbox it. Wish the team the best and great work guys.
Is it normal that I got my DHL tracking number on Jan 19, that the DHL website shows that it was generated Jan 15, but it's now Jan 22 and DHL claims they still haven't gotten it from Pine64?
My email says shipped by 4PX, but when I click the tracking link it says USPS and number not in the system...so, just waiting to see what happens.  Fingers-crossed.

UPDATE: Found a different tracking site (aftership.com) and it gives more info - shipping info was received on the 20th and 4PX picked it up in Hong Kong yesterday, the 21st. Sounds much better.
(01-22-2021, 12:52 PM)treebuilder Wrote: Is it normal that I got my DHL tracking number on Jan 19, that the DHL website shows that it was generated Jan 15, but it's now Jan 22 and DHL claims they still haven't gotten it from Pine64?

I am showing the same status in my order. So I guess this may be normal
I still haven't received the shipping info email, does anyone have the same situation?  I committed my order at Dec 27, ships to Hongkong.
(01-23-2021, 02:20 AM)vincewl Wrote: I still haven't received the shipping info email, does anyone have the same situation?  I committed my order at Dec 27, ships to Hongkong.
Me too. I committed my order at Dec 31.
(01-23-2021, 04:09 AM)Hnozdyk Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 02:20 AM)vincewl Wrote: I still haven't received the shipping info email, does anyone have the same situation?  I committed my order at Dec 27, ships to Hongkong.
Me too. I committed my order at Dec 31.
same here - ordered at 3rd Dec.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,064 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 87,930 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,241 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,099 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,660 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,162 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,503 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,225 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,535 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 5,978 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo