Pinebook Pro availability.
Hi everyone, I plan to buy a pinebook pro (ANSI Keyboard Variant) soon (within July).  I was wondering if anybody knew about when they would be available to order that info would be greatly appreciated.
I run a PBP with kali linux and I like hacking weird things (legally of course).

Pet Peeves:
   Anything to do with the words "Pet Peeves"
follow @thepine64 on twitter, for latest availibilty & updates.
for the price it's a great machine to have. The speakers could use an upgrade but for 200$ I have no regrets of buying one, and waiting. They deliver. And the machine just works out of the box.
youtube works on all distros tested, manjaro, ubuntu 20, and manjaro. Where as on the pi's youtube was choppy and seemed unstable after a few months of usuing them as pi-holes they eventually junked out.
I dont think that is a problem with the pine book pro.
@Alstroplane Believe me, the Pi 4 running Manjaro can play YouTube just fine. gtk-youtube-viewer is a good start for that. And the Firefox on Manjaro does a pretty good job playing YouTube on both the PBP and Pi 4. But now I am actually interested in the Pine64, if you say it's that good for YouTube out of the box.
@MHT719 , just be aware that even after you pre-order, it may take time for the orders to fill up. (Of course, some pre-orders for the Pinebook Pro filled up in a very short time period.)

After the pre-order closes, Pine64 then sends off the build request. Then their is shipping in this currently uncertain world, (Hong Kong changes; Shipping delays for non-critical items; And regular delays because of the disease.)

Overall, it can take more than 2 months after you have placed your order before you receive your PBP. Just saying.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(07-02-2020, 03:55 PM)Arwen Wrote: @MHT719 , just be aware that even after you pre-order, it may take time for the orders to fill up. (Of course, some pre-orders for the Pinebook Pro filled up in a very short time period.)

After the pre-order closes, Pine64 then sends off the build request. Then their is shipping in this currently uncertain world, (Hong Kong changes; Shipping delays for non-critical items; And regular delays because of the disease.)

Overall, it can take more than 2 months after you have placed your order before you receive your PBP. Just saying.
True, it did take some time, but the DHL upgrade they offered was cluch, I still would have waited.  
The team at pine does deliver, just know at this point in time with things going on it may be a wait. But I was never worried about never getting the products.

Never even felt the need to e-mail for an update, they post frequent updates on their twitter @thepine64 
The way it works, is first come first served. And the update thread keeps everyone involved on very frequent updates.
& the update shipping & update thread here is well kept regarding updates in inventory , shipping etc, of phones and pinebook pros

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9942
I would be happy to pre-order and wait for production, but the website says they’re out of stock. Any idea how long it’ll be until orders are reopened?

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,902 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 298 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 226 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 166 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,220 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,121 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt