openSUSE for Pinephone
(03-03-2021, 07:54 AM)andresbs Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 06:56 AM)Uturn Wrote: super silly question (sorry for):
How to flash a .raw.xz file ?  Other distros have .img.xz format which I can flash perfectly with balena etcher (in OSX) but it does not accept the .raw.xz format.
Hmm I used Etcher before but I do not remember if I extracted the .raw file first.

Please see the instructions at https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:PinePhone#In..._Pinephone
thank you, etcher works perfectly on second try... now trying wifi login, seems a bit spiffy. Login asks for KDEwallet password and keeps returning. So.. searching to disable KDEwallet for now.
hullo, is everybody happy with the accounts setup? I cannot enter the server address, in the owncloud panel the field gets covered by the keybard, and with nextcloud, I can type, but enter key will not add the address to the account - so I am stuck in the first panel of the accounts dialog. After a restart, the keyboard does not even appear, in the nextcloud accounts dialog. Google Account lets enter credentials, but after requesting trust to KDE Online Accounts the panel quits.
(03-04-2021, 03:38 AM)Uturn Wrote: hullo, is everybody happy with the accounts setup? I cannot enter the server address, in the owncloud panel the field gets covered by the keybard, and with nextcloud, I can type, but enter key will not add the address to the account - so I am stuck in the first panel of the accounts dialog. After a restart, the keyboard does not even appear, in the nextcloud accounts dialog. Google Account lets enter credentials, but after requesting trust to KDE Online Accounts the panel quits.
IIRC there was a KCM made by someone that made the Nextcloud login mobile friendly, I don't know if it has been or will be upstreamed but we could look into that, if that's your issue.
(03-05-2021, 10:14 AM)andresbs Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 03:38 AM)Uturn Wrote: hullo, is everybody happy with the accounts setup? I cannot enter the server address, in the owncloud panel the field gets covered by the keybard, and with nextcloud, I can type, but enter key will not add the address to the account - so I am stuck in the first panel of the accounts dialog. After a restart, the keyboard does not even appear, in the nextcloud accounts dialog. Google Account lets enter credentials, but after requesting trust to KDE Online Accounts the panel quits.
IIRC there was a KCM made by someone that made the Nextcloud login mobile friendly, I don't know if it has been or will be upstreamed but we could look into that, if that's your issue.
hmm, thank you. The issue is I'd like to connect to my online PIM storage. I learn I might use vdirsyncer to accomplish that.
(03-05-2021, 10:45 AM)Uturn Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 10:14 AM)andresbs Wrote:
hmm, thank you. The issue is I'd like to connect to my online PIM storage. I learn I might use vdirsyncer to accomplish that.
I see. From what I know it is supported, but I haven't tried it myself.
One of the first things I'll do once my ISP fixes their *bad service* is set my own Nextcloud instance Smile
I decided to revisit the plasma mobile build, and I really like what you guys have done here. I haven't had the opportunity to try out the cellular capabilities yet, but it runs really smooth
(03-18-2021, 09:09 PM)JimSmith80 Wrote: I decided to revisit the plasma mobile build, and I really like what you guys have done here. I haven't had the opportunity to try out the cellular capabilities yet, but it runs really smooth
I actually plan to daily my PinePhone once we switch to eg25-manager and push a kernel with the camera working to the devel repo (sorry, we haven't yet, we are sorting some details about the kernel). Cellular capabilities have been working good for me, except USSD codes, which should be working now but do not work for me - could be my ISP being itself -.

Don't forget to check our wiki https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:PinePhone for more information.
on my openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-PLAMO-pinephone.aarch64-2021.03.18-Build26.2.raw,.
> I can type my credentials for my nextcloud account, but I cannot enter them. (is there any workaround?)
the keyboard covers the input field, and the enter key will not enter the credentials.
> in terminal, the keyboard covers the lower screen completely, it's not possible to minimze the terminal app.
(03-21-2021, 06:02 AM)Uturn Wrote: on my openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-PLAMO-pinephone.aarch64-2021.03.18-Build26.2.raw,.
> I can type my credentials for my nextcloud account, but I cannot enter them. (is there any workaround?)
the keyboard covers the input field, and the enter key will not enter the credentials.
> in terminal, the keyboard covers the lower screen completely, it's not possible to minimze the terminal app.
Hide the keyboard by sliding it down
I have finally installed Posh on my pinephone.
Everything seems to work right.

Rotation is upside down, any tips on how to fix it?

Telegram can not receive the code. Any ideas how to make it work?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slarm64 on PinePhone [Unofficial Slackware ARM - 64 bit] acid andy 32 23,342 03-21-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: donchurch
Wink PINEPHONE not booting Touchwood 2 279 02-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Touchwood
  Slack on PinePhone Adam Seline 5 5,157 12-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 22,940 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Which word processor to choose for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 8 1,711 11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
  Using Signal on PinePhone in mid-2023? dante404 45 11,759 11-17-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Genode- Sculpt OS for the PinePhone (non Linux) Surehand53 1 815 11-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 1,838 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM
  What File Manager Options Are There For The Pinephone? pinephoneuser22 7 2,111 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  Does Ubuntu modify a Pinephone SD boot card? Peter Gamma 0 758 10-05-2023, 09:18 AM