Changeing boot animation on Manjaro
#1
Question 
Hi everyone!

I would like to change the boot animation on Manjaro.

I installed "bootsplash-viewer" and "bootsplash-packer".

I used a script found on GitHub to create a new bootsplash animation.

I manually copied the created file to "/usr/lib/firmware/bootsplash-themes/custom/bootsplash" and I edited my "extlinux.conf" file to point there but it doesn't work.

Is there anything I forgot to do?

The animation works when using "bootsplah-viewer" to see it.

Thanks!
  Reply
#2
I'd take a look at plymouth conf and scripts too
  Reply
#3
Thanks!

Looks like I had to create a install hook and it to mkinitcpio.conf and rebuild the initramfs file.

It works now.
  Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 12 17,961 05-25-2026, 08:28 AM
Last Post: finmark
  PulseAudio dropouts after Manjaro Testing 2025.07.26 update Dendrocalamus64 2 4,424 08-08-2025, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64
  pbp with manjaro arm seems to not find any hardware[no wifi, blutooth or battery] frank_philip 4 6,050 03-15-2025, 01:47 AM
Last Post: frank_philip
  new manjaro install: wlan0 stuck in setting network address zkajdan 5 7,156 02-19-2025, 12:49 PM
Last Post: zkajdan
  Pinebook pro won't boot after bootloader installation jwensouls 4 8,327 08-21-2024, 04:17 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 4,021 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 6,525 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 3,882 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 10,122 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 11,291 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)