Unable to initialize message in chatty
(07-06-2020, 11:45 AM)bcnaz Wrote: ...,  however on incoming phone calls, it does not show the callers name.
  ( July 03 nightly build )

Damn, for some reason it works for some people and not for others. Out of curiosity:
Do you have the locale set to where you live in Settings->Region & Language->Formats ?

There might be something going on with the contact matching depending the selected locale (I will probably dig into this soon-ish).
(07-06-2020, 04:41 PM)devrtz Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 11:45 AM)bcnaz Wrote: ...,  however on incoming phone calls, it does not show the callers name.

Damn, for some reason it works for some people and not for others. Out of curiosity:
Do you have the locale set to where you live in Settings->Region & Language->Formats ?

There might be something going on with the contact matching depending the selected locale (I will probably dig into this soon-ish).
You are a genius! I had my region set to the United States but my language was 'unspecified'. Once set to 'English (US) everything is working normally now. Thank you very much!
(07-06-2020, 07:58 PM)livanti21 Wrote:

You are a genius! I had my region set to the United States but my language was 'unspecified'. Once set to 'English (US) everything is working normally now. Thank you very much!

Same here :
  I had region  US
but language 'unspecified'
Now incoming calls from contacts are identified.
 However, it may or may not be connected to another problem ?
   Since correcting that problem my text messages have went berserk.
  many (but not all) of my messages from July have disappeared.?  leaving the ones from may ?
    that does not make any sense,  as I installed July 03 release.?
     MOST of my messages now read  ' 31.05.79 '   ? ?
Setting the region and language did seem to fix some of the issues I had with the Chatty app. However, I still have issues with creating a new SMS. Looking at the output from the mmcli it looks like chatty is trying to format the phone number for me in a way that the modem doesn't like. For example the phonenumber of texts that are able to be sent out are formatted as 1112223333, which is how I have my contacts saved to prevent this issue. However, chatty seems to reformat them to (111) 222-3333. Has anyone else noticed this or found a way to tell Chatty to not re-format the numbers?

Edit: Nevermind, its the +x country code issue that fixed it.

Mobian 20200707 Nightly :
( Now I do fill in both blanks, region & Language many thanks for that )

SMS texting is working good now with one small problem, in chatty preferences you only have two choices, neither is SMS.?
                                                                                                                                      ( XMPP or Telegram )         
I cannot start my SMS text App if I have no new messages after a fresh boot.
   I can text the pine phone from my second phone, then it works fine, until the next reboot.
Once the SMS is opened, you can close and re-open the SMS App no problem...  until the next boot.

Is there another blank that needs to be changed or answered differently  ?
(07-07-2020, 10:36 PM)bcnaz Wrote:

SMS texting is working good now with one small problem, in chatty preferences you only have two choices, neither is SMS.?
                                                                                                                                      ( XMPP or Telegram )         
   I can text the pine phone from my second phone, then it works fine, until the next reboot.
Once the SMS is opened, you can close and re-open the SMS App no problem...  until the next boot.

I do not know if this is somehow related to any of the aforementioned issues but I didn’t want to start a new thread if it is. I can send and receive texts fine. I have appended the country to code to all my contacts already. When I get a reply from anyone in my contacts list the message shows up as a new thread under the their phone number instead of their contact name. I have my contacts starting with 01 (I’m in the US) and my reply threads show the number I initially texted as a +1 number. How can I get chat threads straight? If I’ve worded something poorly let me know and I’ll try and rephrase or get some images some how (how do you screenshot btw?). Thanks in advance. And keep up the amazing work, you devs are working fast!!
(07-17-2020, 03:02 PM)Captain1ndustry Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 10:36 PM)bcnaz Wrote:

( XMPP or Telegram )         

I do not know if this is somehow related to any of the aforementioned issues but I didn’t want to start a new thread if it is. I can send and receive texts fine. I have appended the country to code to all my contacts already. When I get a reply from anyone in my contacts list the message shows up as a new thread under the their phone number instead of their contact name. I have my contacts starting with 01 (I’m in the US) and my reply threads show the number I initially texted as a +1 number. How can I get chat threads straight? If I’ve worded something poorly let me know and I’ll try and rephrase or get some images some how (how do you screenshot btw?). Thanks in advance. And keep up the amazing work, you devs are working fast!!
It looks like there has been some fixes in in the purple-mm-sms repository, which Chatty relies on, that should fix the need for the country code to get chatty to send texts. So when the version 0.1.6 of purple-mm-sms works its way into Mobian that problem *should* go away. I have my contacts stored as just 10 digit numbers to prevent this issue since thats how the numbers show up from the modem manager.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chatty Matrix Decryption Key jojuma 2 175 02-26-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Could not initialize OpenGL support jojuma 1 264 01-17-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Jabber with chatty user641 2 876 11-12-2023, 02:10 AM
Last Post: user641
  Unable to wake up from suspend xavi92 5 969 10-26-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: xavi92
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 581 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  Chatty does not work after suspend mode user641 4 1,784 07-18-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Unable to do initial setup of Weather due to keyboard LibrePhoneUser 2 1,020 07-07-2023, 03:29 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  beware chatty 0.7.0~rc0-1 treebeard 6 2,394 11-06-2022, 04:51 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts biketool 9 3,804 09-30-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Unable to send messages with chatty user641 0 724 09-07-2022, 04:35 AM
Last Post: user641