Pinebook Pro - Store Parts
Post #2 of this thread (December, 22, 2019)

@tllim stated :
"On late January, after Pinebook Pro ANSI batch deliver. "

In the conversation, I asked if the ANSI keyboards were going to be available in late December, as I had heard a while back.
That was his response.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(12-20-2019, 12:41 PM)bcnaz Wrote:  When will the Pine64 Store have the Pinebook Pro replacement ANSI keyboards available  ?

(I believe it was mentioned previously,   they could become available in December,
        and  it is about 2/3 of the way through December now)

Hello :

>  I want to purchase a ANSI keyboard to convert my ISO Pinebook Pro.

When will I be able to purchase this  ?

and,
   Will this require more parts than just purchasing the keyboard, my understanding is that the keyboards will come with the complete 'palmrest' 
   >  BUT I would like to know before ordering,   if more parts will be needed ?

I DO check the Pine Store occasionally,
 >  but as of today April, 17, 2020 I do not see any Pinebook Pro parts being offered in the Pine store.

**  I figure it is better to ask here on the forum, so one answer can be seen by many viewers.
    Rather than an email, where only I would see the answer.

I Thank You Pine64 !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(04-17-2020, 10:22 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 12:41 PM)bcnaz Wrote:  When will the Pine64 Store have the Pinebook Pro replacement ANSI keyboards available  ?

(I believe it was mentioned previously,   they could become available in December,

Hello :

and,
   Will this require more parts than just purchasing the keyboard, my understanding is that the keyboards will come with the complete 'palmrest' 

>  but as of today April, 17, 2020 I do not see any Pinebook Pro parts being offered in the Pine store.

**  I figure it is better to ask here on the forum, so one answer can be seen by many viewers.

I Thank You Pine64 !

Will posted up on this week.
Great to hear,
Thank you very much
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Question 
(04-19-2020, 11:58 PM)tllim Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 10:22 PM)bcnaz Wrote:

Hello :

and,

I Thank You Pine64 !

Will posted up on this week.
I don't see them yet, and today is Saturday here...Also, I am assuming that the replacement parts also replace the metal band that wraps around the ports (usb, headphone, etc.)?
I ordered an ANSI keyboard for my Pinebook Pro/ISO about two weeks ago. It arrived today!

I naively assumed it would come with some type of instructions on how to do the replacement. No such luck.

Does anyone have procedures on how to do the replacement?

Thanks.
*  I also plan on swapping my first ISO  PBP to an ANSI keyboard,
            I would appreciate some clues on the ribbon cable connectors ?

I think the rest should not be too complicated.
(06-09-2020, 02:35 PM)dgkPBP Wrote: I ordered an ANSI keyboard for my Pinebook Pro/ISO about two weeks ago. It arrived today!

I naively assumed it would come with some type of instructions on how to do the replacement. No such luck.

Thanks.
I would like to know that too! I have ordered a replacement as well, and unless somebody else posts a howto, I am planning on taking a video of me taking it apart, then playing it back in reverse and hoping for the best  Smile .
(06-10-2020, 10:29 AM)TDC_PBP Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 02:35 PM)dgkPBP Wrote: I ordered an ANSI keyboard for my Pinebook Pro/ISO about two weeks ago. It arrived today!

Thanks.
I would like to know that too! I have ordered a replacement as well, and unless somebody else posts a howto, I am planning on taking a video of me taking it apart, then playing it back in reverse and hoping for the best  Smile .

I'm looking forward to it! If I get some time and some nerve, I may give it a try.
(06-11-2020, 08:52 AM)dgkPBP Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 10:29 AM)TDC_PBP Wrote:

Thanks.

I'm looking forward to it! If I get some time and some nerve, I may give it a try.

I sent a note to support asking for documentation. They sent a PDF with pictures on how to do the replacement. I've attached the document.

Attached Files
.pdf   PBP keyboard replacement-compressed.pdf (Size: 821.74 KB / Downloads: 253)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,905 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 300 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 227 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 167 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,223 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,126 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt