Sound Quit
I have been using Youtube and the sound was working.  However, when I later tried to play a video the sound setting was at the max setting on YT and on the computer which caused the sound to quit working.  Now I can no longer get sound on anything neither with the headphones nor the speakers.  I did reboot the machine but that did not help.  The speaker test in the sound preferences did not work.  It seems as though the sound has been blown out.

Is this a hardware issue?  This is my first day with this machine and I was beginning to really like this machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.
What do you sounds settings look like?
(01-14-2020, 12:05 PM)tophneal Wrote: What do you sounds settings look like?

Which settings?  The ones in the Preference shows that the output device is es8316-spk-sound Analog Stereo.  The Connector: Analog Output.  If there is another way for me to find what you need to know I will try to do that.  I don't know a lot about how the system works but I am able to use the command line to find out.
I haven't used the default Debian much, so the ways I can help are limited. I recall when I first got mine (though I can't recall if I switched to Manjaro by this time) has sound issues, and I had to select a different output device.

Have you also checked out this section of the wiki, yet? https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebo...und_issues It doesn't have any solid answers to your problem, but it has some good first steps. For example, have you tried testing sound while booted from an image on an SD? That should help identify if it's hardware or software.
(01-14-2020, 01:02 PM)tophneal Wrote: I haven't used the default Debian much, so the ways I can help are limited. I recall when I first got mine (though I can't recall if I switched to Manjaro by this time) has sound issues, and I had to select a different output device.

Have you also checked out this section of the wiki, yet? https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebo...und_issues It doesn't have any solid answers to your problem, but it has some good first steps. For example, have you tried testing sound while booted from an image on an SD? That should help identify if it's hardware or software.

Thanks for your effort to help me.  But as luck would have it, I rebooted several times and then the sound returned.  I will take your recommendation on the SD card in order to have a backup in case it is software related.  I really do appreciate your responding, especially since I have only been using it for a few hours.  It helps to know that there is somewhere to turn.  Thank you.
No problem! I figured at the very least, if I couldn't help then perhaps I could help get the information that those more knowledgeable might need.

Glad you're back up and rockin'!

SDs are not only handy to keep around for similar issues, but fun for when your want to quickly switch distros.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot into NVME drive, no wifi, sound, buttons... PaulQ 0 751 07-13-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: PaulQ
  alarming sound coming from pinebook pro jazzhands 2 1,535 08-21-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: foobar
  If booted with headphones in, sound comes from them and speakers stozi 6 5,365 06-11-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: dsimic
  No Sound on Default Manjaro KDE carlosqueso 4 5,008 04-01-2021, 07:17 AM
Last Post: carlosqueso
  Click or tick sound from right speaker Timpanogos Slim 0 2,028 06-04-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Timpanogos Slim
  no sound from firefox Uturn 2 3,614 03-24-2020, 03:49 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Sound driver 32bit sample format not working, some freezes and crashes through ALSA aeGh7fae 0 2,240 01-28-2020, 10:16 AM
Last Post: aeGh7fae
Sad New Pinebook Pro - no sound vve1505 9 12,740 01-17-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: chip ling
  No Sound, Non Root User deebeez 10 12,757 01-16-2020, 04:04 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  No sound.... User 6582 9 11,292 12-19-2019, 10:10 PM
Last Post: User 6582