Pinebook Pro availability, booting from NVMe
Is there a FAQ where these questions are answered?  If so I apologize as I haven't found it.

1. Will you be shipping the Pinebook Pro to Norway or Norwegian distributors?
  2. Will there be a Nordic variant of the keyboard?
  3. Can I boot from SSD if I install it using the PCIe x4 to m.2 NVMe-adapter?

I am very excited about the possibilities this laptop brings, but I will refrain from asking the "When is it releasing?" question.  Here's hoping you will be able to share more information on this soon!

Cheers!
(06-17-2019, 06:17 AM)nooryani84 Wrote: Is there a FAQ where these questions are answered?  If so I apologize as I haven't found it.

I am very excited about the possibilities this laptop brings, but I will refrain from asking the "When is it releasing?" question.  Here's hoping you will be able to share more information on this soon!

Cheers!

1. Will ship directly to Norway. There is no distributorship setup arrangement for PINE64.
2. One ISO type keyboard, no Nordic variant.
3. If SPI Flash in Pinebook Pro has been setup properly, the Pinebook Pro can access to SSD thru SPI Flash boot.
I'm really excited for the PineBook Pro. As it gets closer to release, is there any way to identify available upgrades? I'd like to preconfigure this as much as I can. I have to fly a lot for work. Will there be any upgrades to space or battery?
Can't wait for a chance to pre-order a pinebook pro. Odd joining the forum for a community I haven't really joined yet, but everything I've read says, forum members will get first crack at units.
(06-19-2019, 12:18 PM)tllim Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 06:17 AM)nooryani84 Wrote: Is there a FAQ where these questions are answered?  If so I apologize as I haven't found it.

Cheers!

1. Will ship directly to Norway. There is no distributorship setup arrangement for PINE64.
3. If SPI Flash in Pinebook Pro has been setup properly, the Pinebook Pro can access to SSD thru SPI Flash boot.

Hi tllim,

Thanks for the detailed response.

I have been looking at keyboard stickers and they ask what model the laptop is if I want stickers that fit exactly.   Is there any other laptop model using the current chassis/keyboard that I can use as a reference?  Ie. Dell, Lenovo etc.

I would gladly pay extra for these stickers if this was an option in your store, as would other forum users.  Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!
(06-20-2019, 10:13 AM)nooryani84 Wrote: I have been looking at keyboard stickers and they ask what model the laptop is if I want stickers that fit exactly.   Is there any other laptop model using the current chassis/keyboard that I can use as a reference?  Ie. Dell, Lenovo etc. I would gladly pay extra for these stickers if this was an option in your store, as would other forum users.  Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!
Yes, the keyboard issue has been puzzling me as well, so used to German QWERTZ, but I think we'll be using the Pinebook just as is.

If you nevertheless find a useful solution, please post to this thread.
(06-21-2019, 02:55 AM)SKG Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 10:13 AM)nooryani84 Wrote: I have been looking at keyboard stickers and they ask what model the laptop is if I want stickers that fit exactly.   Is there any other laptop model using the current chassis/keyboard that I can use as a reference?  Ie. Dell, Lenovo etc. I would gladly pay extra for these stickers if this was an option in your store, as would other forum users.  Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!
Yes, the keyboard issue has been puzzling me as well, so used to German QWERTZ, but I think we'll be using the Pinebook just as is.

If you nevertheless find a useful solution, please post to this thread.

One solution would be to attach stickers to every key to keep the look uniform, using something like the stickers shown here https://keyshorts.com/products/german-qw...d-stickers

The quality looks decent https://www.imgrumweb.com/post/Bw9EXR4Bkb7  Perhaps Pine64 could make a deal with a similar vendor?  Otherwise we'll just have to try this ourself.
It will be definitely an absolute WIN if there was a NVME drive in the store to buy everything together, also make sure that everything is going to work properly.

(06-20-2019, 10:13 AM)nooryani84 Wrote:

Cheers!

Hi tllim,

I have been looking at keyboard stickers and they ask what model the laptop is if I want stickers that fit exactly.   Is there any other laptop model using the current chassis/keyboard that I can use as a reference?  Ie. Dell, Lenovo etc.

I would gladly pay extra for these stickers if this was an option in your store, as would other forum users.  Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!
(09-13-2019, 10:19 AM)Pinacle! Wrote: It will be definitely an absolute WIN if there was a NVME drive in the store to buy everything together, also make sure that everything is going to work properly.

(06-20-2019, 10:13 AM)nooryani84 Wrote:

Cheers!

Hi tllim,

There is a discussion about providing such sticker. However, currently we are focusing on the Pinebook Pro delivery as first prority. When time allows, we will revisit the ANSI keyboard (on November) and also potential of keyboard customization.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not booting anymore from SD oloturia 0 395 09-29-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: oloturia
  Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts? oloturia 2 2,207 03-19-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: oloturia
  Broken bottom case of PineBook 14 Mick 1 919 02-22-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Mick
  Original 14" Pinebook an Orphan? vdicarlo 2 1,254 01-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: jezek
  Booting with TOC0 u-boot -- should it work? dreadbit 0 715 11-24-2022, 10:19 AM
Last Post: dreadbit
  Pinebook Users are a nobody leperotero 13 12,584 09-06-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: zapper
  Does anybody repair pinebook pro laptops for a fee? Tsvi Bar-David 0 956 09-05-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Tsvi Bar-David
  Pinebook with a broken screen and 2 eMMC's for sale. UK ONLY. frank-zappa 0 1,595 03-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: frank-zappa
  Pinebook to Pinebook Pro-esque upgrade kit sebboh 5 7,494 08-18-2021, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Corkonian
  [major issue] how to stop it from booting when charging? eFqLLnGo 2 3,306 07-03-2021, 09:22 PM
Last Post: jezek