Pinebook Pro?
And here is the aformentioned build running on the Pinebook Pro :Smile

[Image: zOGoFfh.jpg]
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Looks good Smile

How does the keyboard feel?
Do you know if there will be a model with a Chromebook style keyboard? With just a big CTRL and ALT keys on the left? Huh Huh

Cheers
Can't wait to read a review of the finished product by a third party.
(03-17-2019, 06:09 AM)Luke Wrote: And here is the aformentioned build running on the Pinebook Pro :Smile

Anyone tried installing/running stock Debian Buster on it yet? ( I'm going to get a rockpro64 and test it myself as soon as i get next salary...)

Possibly more information about NVMe as main boot device and maybe some performance testing would be very interesting and useful.
Quote:more information about NVMe as main boot device and maybe some performance testing

About NVMe as a boot device -we'd need a user-friendly and safe way to flash uboot to SPI. Ayufan already has a solution on the Rock64 but not for the Pro. It will happen at some point in the future - that I am sure. 

Regarding performance, what exactly are you after?

(03-18-2019, 05:51 AM)Luke Wrote:
Quote:more information about NVMe as main boot device and maybe some performance testing

About NVMe as a boot device -we'd need a user-friendly and safe way to flash uboot to SPI. Ayufan already has a solution on the Rock64 but not for the Pro. It will happen at some point in the future - that I am sure. 

Still it would already be possible to use the eMMC as boot partition and have rootfs on the NVMe i guess, am i correct?

I'm looking to use the pinebook pro as a replacement for everyday work, especially when travelling, so anything comparable to current performances on a x86 based laptop would be good for me.

Not sure if it has been discussed before ( if so i apologize ) why uboot instead of UEFI?
(03-18-2019, 06:41 AM)lucad111 Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 05:51 AM)Luke Wrote:

Still it would already be possible to use the eMMC as boot partition and have rootfs on the NVMe i guess, am i correct?

I'm looking to use the pinebook pro as a replacement for everyday work, especially when travelling, so anything comparable to current performances on a x86 based laptop would be good for me.

Not sure if it has been discussed before ( if so i apologize ) why uboot instead of UEFI?

Yea, sure, you could have rootfs on the NVMe (if you care to look though the RPro64 subforum, I am pretty sure someone has already done it). Obviously uboot on SPI would be more ideal.  As for UEFI - you'd have to ask an actual dev (IRC/ Discord buttons at the top of the forum)

Thx for the video,looks great! So any idea how long till ordering is opened?
(03-18-2019, 07:51 AM)RMJ250 Wrote: Thx for the video,looks great! So any idea how long till ordering is opened?

No clue. A few months.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions kunger 443 588,325 04-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 2,292 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 399 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 302 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 292 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 226 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 675 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 741 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,611 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,231 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt