3 days in, slow/stuck or no boot.
Thanks. Will give it a go.
Re @tophneal comment- it doesn't look similar but thank you.
"Bad CRC using default environment"
this means something is corrupt in hard drive?
No hard drive, only flash
Unless you flashed SPI, a 16M chip,,, & it is likely you did not,
the controlling uboot (+idbloader) is on emmc
If that message is early in boot it is likely a uboot message
complaining that there is no custom configuration (of uboot)
and can be ignored ..
I seem to recall that complaint, but how and when are you seeing it?
what does lsblk say? Does it show all the storage devices? and their partitions?
You could fsck the partitions shown and see if there are any errors
It's normal early in booting. U-Boot is saying it can't boot from SPI ROM, because you haven't formatted it (and don't need to).
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]

Everyone wants me to quit using NetBSD
Thank you
(06-30-2024, 10:04 AM)lgmpbp2 Wrote: Very glad to receive Pinebook Pro last Thursday June 27th.
Quite cautious with it- no new OS installs as am new to Pine products and fairly new to Linux.Sunday, June 30, Pinebook pro boots to Manjaro images. After a few hard reboots, Manjaro image, again. Press escape.
Received the message below. Hard re boot again to black screen and no Manjaro image. Unsure how to proceed. Please advise? Apologies if this was discussed previously

Honestly unless you love Manjaro I would just install Armbian it’s far superior at least in my experience. Smile
Thanks to everyone for advice & suggestions. Attempted Armbian. Unsure if it is truly installed on eMMc
Can't seem to upload screenshots
Will get back to you.
Update: 1.cannot use SD cards, now, but USB stick of pmOS works;
              2. re flashed Tow-Boot to SPI;
              3. Got Pine64 emmc adapter & another emmc module;
              4. Flashed pmOS to emmc module, put it in PBP, but receive message something like; "emmc didn't respond to voltage select -110;
              5. Flashed Armbian to another emmc module and put in PBP but received the same message.
Currently, have pmOS KDE Plasma on USB 2 on PBP.
Conclude from the messages about voltage select- 110 that the timing is off, or the emmc isn't positioned properly, or the u-boot is an issue? This is from scanning similar issues on the internet.  Please know I really like PinebookPro, am not a techie but have watched tutorials to understand as much as possible, and I suppose I believe in the community or concept of PBP. Thus, am not criticising, but hoping to understand and find a solution Because I would like to get the PBP up and working from emmc. Thank you.
Just from my experience; others may disagree: I would zero out the SPI ROM until you get everything working. Put U-Boot or Tow-Boot on the eMMC and boot from that.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]

Everyone wants me to quit using NetBSD
Since most emmc are soldered down the specs are little known
There are specs for speed, HS200 and HS400, I do know that
a 120 GB emmc I have only works in 1 of the 3 adapters I have
Anyway I assume that the original emmc works, so why not
fsck it when booted in pmOS?
This was the original error IIUR, this can be done from the emergency
shell that shows in your screen shot as well
OR install armbian on it, again when booted pmOS.
OR install when plugged into pc?
If you are a windows refuge, there is a version of etcher for win
(etcher is fairly safe in that it is hard to write to wrong device, it can be done, but not easily)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cant boot into an OS trashtendenz 1 174 09-09-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Unable to boot? YossiS 4 215 09-04-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: wdt
  upgrading u-boot--what version? where to get it? bsammon 11 2,123 05-22-2024, 09:33 AM
  uboot wont boot to SD card after upgrade jbradley419 7 1,984 01-19-2024, 02:29 PM
  Video Flashing/adjusting on boot and reboot jbradley419 0 587 01-16-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: jbradley419
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 3,482 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
  PBP won't boot after trying to reinstall Manjaro ARM soupgirl 3 1,343 12-13-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Various freezes during boot & while running several Linux distros - hardware error? donuts 1 988 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Cannot boot to Kali SD card after uboot upgrade jbradley419 4 1,803 09-19-2023, 08:48 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Does latest Tow-Boot install/work correctly for everyone? tophneal 4 2,756 08-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: tophneal