Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts
Like the title says, I did an apt dist-upgrade and now I can install gnome-contacts and loose chatty(SMS and some IM) or install chatty and loose installed gnome-contacts.  No matter what gnome-contacts is broken or gone so I choose installing a working chatty and use the phone app for contacts short term.
More of an FYI as I expect it to be fixed in a few days unless anyone has a slick fix.
Exclamation 
I have the same problem, there seems to be some kind of conflict between evolution-data-server and chatty. In the meantime, as I have to create a backup of my contacts (in contacts.db) without evolution-data-server in vCard format, I'll write a small SQL query.
(09-12-2022, 04:54 AM)anonymous Wrote: I have the same problem, there seems to be some kind of conflict between evolution-data-server and chatty. In the meantime, as I have to create a backup of my contacts (in contacts.db) without evolution-data-server in vCard format, I'll write a small SQL query.

I guess it is good I have the backup of /home form the last time we had upgrade issues a few weeks ago.
I've just found the SQL query to get all vCards in a single row, it's very easy:
Code:
select group_concat(vcard, '
') from (select vcard from folder_id order by rev desc);
I tried to reinstall gnome-contacts after updating and upgrading, it works anew Smile
I did a wipe and reinstall as I had to have my phonebook working along with SMS then restored stuff from /home.
It looks like things are better now, when I try to dist-upgrade chatty is not on the list to delete rather it also upgrades.
(09-23-2022, 03:45 AM)biketool Wrote: I did a wipe and reinstall as I had to have my phonebook working along with SMS then restored stuff from /home.
It looks like things are better now, when I try to dist-upgrade chatty is not on the list to delete rather it also upgrades.

Maybe it can be marked as solved.
(09-29-2022, 04:55 AM)anonymous Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 03:45 AM)biketool Wrote: I did a wipe and reinstall as I had to have my phonebook working along with SMS then restored stuff from /home.

Wiping and reinstalling isn’t a reasonable solution for Debian upgrade problems. I think a lot of us are still hoping for advice on how to restore the complete set of packages without wiping and reinstalling.
(09-29-2022, 12:17 PM)LibrePhoneUser Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 04:55 AM)anonymous Wrote:

Wiping and reinstalling isn’t a reasonable solution for Debian upgrade problems. I think a lot of us are still hoping for advice on how to restore the complete set of packages without wiping and reinstalling.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Wiping and reinstalling isn't necessary, the packages work anew, you just have to update and upgrade. That's what I did and it works (I have never had to reinstall Mobian in almost two years after leaving Manjaro). This issue should be marked as solved.

To sum up, I did:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt dist-upgrade
(09-29-2022, 12:17 PM)LibrePhoneUser Wrote: Wiping and reinstalling isn’t a reasonable solution for Debian upgrade problems. I think a lot of us are still hoping for advice on how to restore the complete set of packages without wiping and reinstalling.

Temporary breakage like this is one of the hazards of using the Testing distribution.  These things are usually resolved within a couple days.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chatty Matrix Decryption Key jojuma 2 175 02-26-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Jabber with chatty user641 2 875 11-12-2023, 02:10 AM
Last Post: user641
  gnome-control-center: segmentation fault on startup jojuma 4 942 09-12-2023, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 580 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  Chatty does not work after suspend mode user641 4 1,784 07-18-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  No boot after upgrade: vibration, red LED, then 2 vibrations and yellow LED 3x5co 1 922 01-04-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: 3x5co
  Nextcloud Calendar and Contacts mark1250 3 1,293 12-29-2022, 07:27 PM
Last Post: mark1250
  Receive MMS fails after Nov 27 upgrade treebeard 17 5,543 12-12-2022, 05:09 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  beware chatty 0.7.0~rc0-1 treebeard 6 2,392 11-06-2022, 04:51 PM
Last Post: treebeard