PINE64
Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts (/showthread.php?tid=17344)

Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - biketool - 09-12-2022

Like the title says, I did an apt dist-upgrade and now I can install gnome-contacts and loose chatty(SMS and some IM) or install chatty and loose installed gnome-contacts.  No matter what gnome-contacts is broken or gone so I choose installing a working chatty and use the phone app for contacts short term.
More of an FYI as I expect it to be fixed in a few days unless anyone has a slick fix.

RE: Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - anonymous - 09-12-2022

I have the same problem, there seems to be some kind of conflict between evolution-data-server and chatty. In the meantime, as I have to create a backup of my contacts (in contacts.db) without evolution-data-server in vCard format, I'll write a small SQL query.

RE: Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - biketool - 09-12-2022

(09-12-2022, 04:54 AM)anonymous Wrote: I have the same problem, there seems to be some kind of conflict between evolution-data-server and chatty. In the meantime, as I have to create a backup of my contacts (in contacts.db) without evolution-data-server in vCard format, I'll write a small SQL query.

I guess it is good I have the backup of /home form the last time we had upgrade issues a few weeks ago.

RE: Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - anonymous - 09-13-2022

I've just found the SQL query to get all vCards in a single row, it's very easy:
Code:
select group_concat(vcard, '
') from (select vcard from folder_id order by rev desc);

RE: Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - anonymous - 09-21-2022

I tried to reinstall gnome-contacts after updating and upgrading, it works anew Smile

RE: Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - biketool - 09-23-2022

I did a wipe and reinstall as I had to have my phonebook working along with SMS then restored stuff from /home.
It looks like things are better now, when I try to dist-upgrade chatty is not on the list to delete rather it also upgrades.

RE: Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - anonymous - 09-29-2022

(09-23-2022, 03:45 AM)biketool Wrote: I did a wipe and reinstall as I had to have my phonebook working along with SMS then restored stuff from /home.
It looks like things are better now, when I try to dist-upgrade chatty is not on the list to delete rather it also upgrades.

Maybe it can be marked as solved.

RE: Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - LibrePhoneUser - 09-29-2022

(09-29-2022, 04:55 AM)anonymous Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 03:45 AM)biketool Wrote: I did a wipe and reinstall as I had to have my phonebook working along with SMS then restored stuff from /home.

Wiping and reinstalling isn’t a reasonable solution for Debian upgrade problems. I think a lot of us are still hoping for advice on how to restore the complete set of packages without wiping and reinstalling.

RE: Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - anonymous - 09-30-2022

(09-29-2022, 12:17 PM)LibrePhoneUser Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 04:55 AM)anonymous Wrote:

Wiping and reinstalling isn’t a reasonable solution for Debian upgrade problems. I think a lot of us are still hoping for advice on how to restore the complete set of packages without wiping and reinstalling.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Wiping and reinstalling isn't necessary, the packages work anew, you just have to update and upgrade. That's what I did and it works (I have never had to reinstall Mobian in almost two years after leaving Manjaro). This issue should be marked as solved.

To sum up, I did:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt dist-upgrade

RE: Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts - treebeard - 09-30-2022

(09-29-2022, 12:17 PM)LibrePhoneUser Wrote: Wiping and reinstalling isn’t a reasonable solution for Debian upgrade problems. I think a lot of us are still hoping for advice on how to restore the complete set of packages without wiping and reinstalling.

Temporary breakage like this is one of the hazards of using the Testing distribution.  These things are usually resolved within a couple days.