Pinebook Pro not turn
Buongiorno,
sono nuovo.
Dopo aver riavviato il Pinebook Pro, non si è più acceso.
La batteria era ormai scarica. Ho provato a attaccare l'alimentazione ma rimane rosso ma il Pinebook non si accende.
Ho provato ad unire i due cavetti senza la batteria ma non si accende, togliendo la batteria senza collegare i cavi la lucetta rossa inizia a lampeggiare ma in entrambi i casi non si accende. Ora lo sto tenendo in carica da circa 3 ore ma continua a non accendersi.
Potete aiutarmi. Grazie per un qualsiasi aiuto.

Hello, I'm new. After restarting the Pinebook Pro, it no longer turned on. The battery was now dead. I tried to plug in the power but it stays red but the Pinebook won't turn on. I tried to join the two cables without the battery but it does not turn on, removing the battery without connecting the cables the red light starts flashing but in both cases it does not turn on. I've been charging it for about 3 hours now but it still won't turn on. Can you help me. Thanks for any help.

Sorry for the language I'm using a translator.
happened to me and others ,too .
Seems to bee a problem with the pbp when you let it run dead (battery).
remedy is to ignore the barrel jack and use an usb-c 15w+ "smart" charger .
pbp's charging system is weak ,so let it sit there for a while not turned on.
to clarify further, bc this has been a well known issue: by 'a while' when letting your pbp charge, try to let it charge undisturbed for about 4 or more hours. I've encountered this since my first, first-batch pbp. you can get the pbp to boot again without switching to usbc to charge and keep with charging it through the barrel jack, but from my experience you'll want to let the barrel jack charge it overnight (~8hrs.) When the battery is drained to 0% it takes a good while to get it back up to a useable charge.
Data sheet
https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/bq2417...52FBQ24171

From this --tprechrg Precharge Safety Timer -- which is 30 min +/-10% (1800s)
I think that it turns off trickle charge @ 30m
Perhaps usb C bypasses this?
Or unplug,replug every 30m until it really starts charging?
---more--
I have a power meter, a watt meter,, very handy
Just it plugged in, 3W just to run meter
pbp brick plugged in,,, +1W
barrel jack plugged in,,, +15W (in addition to the previous 1W)
Ho provato a caricare sia con il barilotto che con Usb-C per un intera notte, ma ancora non si accende.
Esiste un modo per poter accendere senza premere il tasto power?
Esiste un modo per vedere se la scheda PINE funziona senza ricorrere al tasto POWER oppure poter collegare ad un monitor esterno per vedere se funziona?

I tried charging with both the barrel and USB-C for a whole night, but it still won't turn on. Is there any way I can turn it on without pressing the power button? Is there a way to see if the PINE card works without using the POWER button or to connect to an external monitor to see if it works?
Since from your OP, you have had the back off, measure the battery voltage
It should be in the range 3.6V to 4.2V, it likely will be lower
Gently charge battery, 100ma @4.2V until battery reaches 3.6+V
Maybe a old phone charger (5V) and 5-10 ohm resistor
Old in that it has low ma output, the specs are always on the label
Use the cable off, say a dead mouse, the wires inside are always colour coded,
i've never seen them wrong, but you might check
OR
try the 1/2 hour charge, unplug,replug another 1/2 hour and so on
The timer resets with each power supply activation
This, BTW is normal for lithium chargers
(03-11-2022, 02:05 AM)wdt Wrote: Since  from your OP, you have had the back off, measure the battery voltage
It should be in the range 3.6V to 4.2V, it likely will be lower
Gently charge battery, 100ma @4.2V until battery reaches 3.6+V
Maybe a old phone charger (5V) and 5-10 ohm resistor
Old in that it has low ma output, the specs are always on the label
Use the cable off, say a dead mouse, the wires inside are always colour coded,
i've never seen them wrong, but you might check
OR
try the 1/2 hour charge, unplug,replug another 1/2 hour and so on
The timer resets with each power supply activation
This, BTW is normal for lithium chargers

Grazie, ora proverò anche questa cosa.
Il problema è che non si accende neanche escludendo la batteria e collegando i 2 cavi che sono all'interno del case e poi collegandolo al barilotto.

Thanks, now I'll try this too. The problem is that it does not turn on even excluding the battery and connecting the 2 cables that are inside the case and then connecting it to the barrel.
A questo punto non credo sia un problema della batteria, non riesco proprio a capire.
Come posso capire che la scheda madre sia funzionante?
Quando metto il barilotto si accende la luce rossa della ricarica, se stacco batteria e unisco i due cavi all'intero e poi attacco il barilotto non si accende nessuna spia rossa. Ho paura che si sia sia guastata la scheda madre, ma potrebbe essersi anche guastata la tastiera visto che premendo il Tasto di accensione non succede nulla.
Non capisco come sia possibile che da un giorno all'altro sia successo questo.
Aspetto vostri consigli.

At this point I don't think it's a battery problem, I just can't understand.

How can I tell that the motherboard is working?

When I put the barrel on, the red recharge light turns on, if I disconnect the battery and connect the two cables to the whole and then I attach the barrel, no red light comes on. I am afraid that the motherboard has failed, but the keyboard could also have failed as nothing happens when pressing the Power button.

I don't understand how it is possible that this happened overnight.

I await your advice.
You really need to get/buy a cheap DVM (digital volt meter) and measure battery
Then you will know what is happening. Cheap ones are <$20 (and quite adequate)
On pg 24 Table3 (data sheet)....... Charge complete, Sleep mode, Charge disabled.....LED off
Sometimes pbp will work without battery, sometimes NOT
I don't know what the led does when bypass cables are connected
If the battery is too low, yes the power button will do nothing
Really, you need to measure battery V
(03-11-2022, 12:21 PM)wdt Wrote: You really need to get/buy a cheap DVM (digital volt meter) and measure battery
Then you will know what is happening.  Cheap ones are <$20 (and quite adequate)
On pg 24 Table3 (data sheet)....... Charge complete, Sleep mode, Charge disabled.....LED off
Sometimes pbp will work without battery, sometimes NOT
I don't know what the led does when bypass cables are connected
If the battery is too low, yes the power button will do nothing
Really, you need to measure battery V

Grazie molto per la risposta.
Comunque vi chiedo, è possibile che connettendo i cavi del bypass e collegando il barilotto il PBP non si accenda?

Thanks very much for the reply.
Anyway I ask you, is it possible that by connecting the bypass cables and connecting the barrel, the PBP does not turn on?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,898 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 298 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 226 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 165 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,217 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,117 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt