What can/can't I do with a PineTime smart watch (sealed)?
Question 
Could someone please tell me what the PineTime (sealed) can and can't do? I'd like to use one as a conventional wrist watch, but with my own theme/skin if possible. I'd like to load my own custom font and background image for the display, and sound scheme (if it has sound). Anything else is a bonus. I haven't had a smart watch before, so I'm keen to learn about the device's potential. What information does the device send/receive via bluetooth?

*Edit: since posting, I've discovered that the bundled OS is called Infinitime, and the current version (1.8.0) appears to include three clock variations (digital and analog) plus some neat apps, like a metronome and stopwatch, and even a couple of games. There's a repo on GitHub and a website for InfiniTime that suggest more apps/features are on the way. I'm keen to learn what else is in the pipeline.

Thanks in advance.
For byte-sized tech and software tips check out my Danimations Digital Media tips channel on Youtube Big Grin
After a bit more poking around on GitHub, I found this link, where the current features/apps are simply listed. I was surprised to see that a PONG clone game has been added! : https://github.com/InfiniTimeOrg/InfiniT...4aba215131
For byte-sized tech and software tips check out my Danimations Digital Media tips channel on Youtube Big Grin
https://github.com/topics/pinetime

WASP-OS is probably the most common alternative, and may be easier to code a custom watch face for depending on your experience. It uses a different bootloader to InfiniTime but the process of going from one to the other with OTA updates is fairly well tested, so should be reasonably safe for a sealed PineTime.
(03-07-2022, 06:35 AM)wibble Wrote: https://github.com/topics/pinetime

WASP-OS is probably the most common alternative, and may be easier to code a custom watch face for depending on your experience. It uses a different bootloader to InfiniTime but the process of going from one to the other with OTA updates is fairly well tested, so should be reasonably safe for a sealed PineTime.

I have a Pinetime watch now, and am happy with Inifinitime. It came with v. 1.6.... however, I'm having some trouble flashing the firmware to upgrade. The update to v.1.8 seems very worthwhile, if only for the secure Bluetooth pairing feature.
I was going to suggest GadgetBridge but I see from the other thread you've got it working now.
Yep.. F-Droid + Gadgetbridge + Android device solved the problem and made upgrading the firmware a breeze. Looking forward to helping spur this project along with testing and feature requests/feedback. Love the Pinetime already, and I've had it for less than a week.
(03-03-2022, 08:08 AM)danimations Wrote: Greetings all!
I too fall in the OP's space.  I don't see offerings of communication in terms of incoming phone numbers and full sms texts.  Those are my mains needs.  Thanks back and forth!  Smile
(04-16-2022, 06:45 AM)_slowmanship_ Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 08:08 AM)danimations Wrote: Greetings all!
I too fall in the OP's space.  I don't see offerings of communication in terms of incoming phone numbers and full sms texts.  Those are my mains needs.  Thanks back and forth!  Smile

Posted before I read the entire board.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTime at FOSDEM jmlich 5 628 02-07-2024, 11:48 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTime turns off when removed from cradle tynstar 0 185 01-31-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tynstar
  PineTime and Amazfish on Ubuntu Touch jmlich 1 648 10-14-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTime is dead!! Markdanni123 12 13,515 09-18-2023, 10:17 PM
Last Post: ccchan234
  PineTime Sleep Tracking any_mouse 12 12,023 07-10-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: davidair
  Another stuck watch! Ralpharama 11 2,732 06-07-2023, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Ralpharama
  Update of new watch consistently fails bitreaper 5 4,788 06-01-2023, 02:29 AM
Last Post: feketej
  PineTime Dead out of box? henkery 1 1,154 03-12-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: henkery
  Pinetime almost dead... only shows Infinitime logo. lightweight 8 6,516 02-11-2023, 09:30 AM
Last Post: alexmitroff
  PineTime beginner MV1791 2 2,093 01-09-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Canyonless