Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,206
» Latest member: Nevillberger
» Forum threads: 15,716
» Forum posts: 114,714

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Mobian-Kicksecure?
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: 3460p
3 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Armbian broken sometime i...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook
Last Post: michel_luc
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 29
Bluetooth on PineTab
Forum: Linux on Pinebook
Last Post: MicroCenter
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Current status of PPP usa...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 10:12 AM
» Views: 64
Image Latest Phones Ship ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 08:25 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 888
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: conifera
05-24-2024, 10:54 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 2,983
A large 3d printable case...
Forum: Quartz64 Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: tophneal
05-24-2024, 08:11 AM
» Views: 33
gpio on Quartz64-a
Forum: Quartz64 Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: Randomuser
05-24-2024, 06:41 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 671
Ghost inputs on volume in...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: frimmel
05-23-2024, 10:32 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 823
upgrading u-boot--what ve...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: wdt
05-22-2024, 09:33 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 371

Exclamation GPS is broken! Change wiki and page! And where is the antenna ?
Posted by: jack1 - 02-02-2021, 01:39 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (4)

After seeing other posts I can tell that the gps does not work. You should update the wiki, product page and shop page and change the gps status as 'broken' or 'partial working', to notify the clients.
I think its because of a bad gps antenna, can you tell me where is it ? and can i connect an external antenna ?
Thanks

PADI info thread not working?
Posted by: lunacyworks - 02-02-2021, 01:04 PM - Forum: General - Replies (1)

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=4586

Gives me an error, any other working link?

Tip disconnected
Posted by: troisis_type - 02-02-2021, 08:48 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil - Replies (2)

Hi all !

I've received today a USB C cable, and could finally test my pinecil in good conditions. I've run a test with a barrel connector when I first received the iron, but the connector was too small to fit into the plug, so I had to keep it in place with one hand !

So, I've started to look at what settings are available in the menu, and once I had done a tour, wanted to try using it. I had a strange problem, which was a steady "420 °C" where the display usually flickrs quickly around the set temperature. I eventually discovered that the tip was at room temperature, and the detailled idle screen told me that the tip was disconnected. I've tested each one of the 5 tips I have, that are all new and unused, same problem.

Anybody having the same problem ? What kind of solution may be applied to this ?

i've found another thread discribing the exact same problem, here : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=12673 but there is no indication that the problem has been solved...

Thank you all !

Battery Charge Status not reporting correctly? (KDE Community Edition)
Posted by: Gregorius Techneticies - 02-02-2021, 07:49 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (11)

I noticed that the Battery Charge Percentage is not very accurately shown

I thought "eh 50% Battery, that's enough to run a System Update", which turned out to be wrong as the Phone shut down EARLY during the Update Process (within less than 5 minutes). You can probably guess how that bricked my install.

Before it shut down at random, I did use KDE Connect to send notifications to my Desktop (originally wanted to share Clipboard but NOPE, not installed on the Phone) and it sent mixed Messages about the Battery Status between 20% and 50%, both of which were considered "Low Battery". I did have the Phone plugged into the included USB Hub with Ethernet and the USB Charge Cable, so I am not sure how that influenced the whole ordeal.

All I know is:
1. Phone ran Update
2. Battery Low Warning Spam
3. Phone Shutdown during Update
4. Brick that gets stuck during K-Gear shaped Boot Animation

What the actual Issue is, I do not know. Only that this happened, and now I need to re-flash the eMMC, which apparently only works when the Battery is fully charged for some reason (according to the recently edited and easily missable Jumpdrive ReadMe on GitHub).

Trying out Mobian next, once the Battery is charged enough for flashing.

OS for video communicator? (single purpose device)
Posted by: feklee - 02-02-2021, 01:36 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I want to set up a PinePhone as a video communicator. It should boot straight into a video chatting application, for example Jitsi Meet:

What I do not want:

• Ability to open arbitrary apps:

• Ability to browse the web:

• Ability to select a Jitsi server. (The server is preconfigured.)

What I may want, but later:
  • Ability to see battery status and data consumption.

• Ability to connect to a WiFi network. Some public networks require authentication on a web page.

For now, it is sufficient if the WiFi networks are preconfigured, and otherwise the phone is connected to the Internet via a mobile network.

• Ability to receive phone calls, which are merged into the video chat.

• Ability to make phone calls from the video chat.

• Ability to connect an external web cam via USB.

What OS would be a good starting point?

What I am considering so far:
  • Preferred: Full Linux OS that boots into a locked down web browser which loads the Jitsi Meet URL. I may want to have the option to run a little web server which serves a web page with Jitsi embedded in an iframe.

• Full Linux OS with the Jitsi Android app running e.g. Shashlik. I have just discovered Shashlik and have not yet tested it.

• Android based OS with just the Jitsi App. The app opens when the device is turned on. There is no home screen. I’m not sure if that is even possible.

Mouse for the PinePhone?
Posted by: Peter Gamma - 02-01-2021, 07:51 PM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (21)

I use for several years a Elecom ClipClap mouse for my smartphone. It is very comfortable to use for this purpose, since it is the smallest mouse I could find on the market:

https://www.ebay.ch/itm/ELECOM-mouse-Blu...2749.l2649

The mouse is from Japan, and I could only find one seller on ebay who sells the mouse. I recently bought a new one. It was the last one in the shop. I asket them to get new ones, since it is good for Linux phones. The renewed the stock, but the prize was now 50 USD instead of 30 USD.

I complained, and said, although I m from Switzerland, I m not ready to pay every prize for this mouse. They answered, it is not because of this reason. The prize would be defined by the number of pieces they buy from the manufacturer. If the would sell more of this model, prizes will drop again.

I saw that at the Elecom shop, the prize for this mouse is also 50 USD now. They don't have an english web page, all is in Japanese language. And they don't have a prize listing in dollars, but only in Yen. It was available in different colors before, now, there is only the red model available. Is the product dead, and do they only sell the stock?

If you see an alternative mouse which is suitable, please let me know.

PineTime's 3d model
Posted by: Alfiory - 02-01-2021, 02:47 PM - Forum: PineTime Hardware and Accessories - Replies (8)

Hello!

I'm wondering if it is possible to have the 3D models of the PineTime, and more specifically the models of the case.
I would like to 3D print the bottom part to do some experiments, like passing from 2 pins to 4 pins.

Heart

Adding some goodies to the store
Posted by: Alfiory - 02-01-2021, 02:29 PM - Forum: General - Replies (3)

Greetings everyone !

Here is a tiny post to ask and to gather some opinions about adding some goodies to the store.
By goodies I obviously mean things like stickers, apparels, mugs...

PS: I'm sorry if this has already been asked. ^^

How to return to "home screen"
Posted by: hiddenpotato - 02-01-2021, 02:15 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (7)

Hey all, received my PinePhone today with Manjaro ARM/ KDE Plasma. I'm wondering how I can return to the home screen. Everytime I open an application, the only way I know to return home is to power off the phone and on again.. Surely there is another way?

vibration
Posted by: jplaroche - 02-01-2021, 01:15 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (2)

hello, I have a brand new device today .... and it vibrates abnormally it's not normal help