Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,142
» Latest member: roastedgarlic
» Forum threads: 15,693
» Forum posts: 114,597

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Ox64 Without Dev Cube?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 21
Pinephone boot.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 26
HDMI or VGA From Pinebook...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: segaloco
5 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 564
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 07:42 AM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 2,407
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:55 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 321
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
05-04-2024, 01:45 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 124
Trackpoint
05-04-2024, 01:29 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 865
How to eraese defekt SPI ...
05-04-2024, 01:23 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 518
Armbian for Pine64 LTS
Forum: Linux on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE
Last Post: Mark88
05-04-2024, 11:18 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 27
Internal WiFi status?
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: cringeops
05-04-2024, 08:00 AM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 11,341

Group order to Germany
Posted by: moxx - 01-29-2021, 05:07 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - No Replies

It seems like I smashed the connector of the Volume/Power buttons when replacing the mainboard. Now I'm on digital detox, because I can only wake the phone when being close to a power source to wake the phone by connecting a charger.

The spare part is only 1$, but I don't feel like paying full 11$ for shipping. Is here anyone around Germany who plans to order some parts from pine store in the next weeks and we could order together?

High shipping costs
Posted by: Peter Gamma - 01-29-2021, 01:53 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (18)

I sold my PinePhone because of high shipping costs to Switzerland through DHL, 30 USD, long shipping time of about one month, high import taxes of about 30 USD. I m interested on the long term in Linux phones, and need several of these devices. I decided for another phone, and sold my PinePhone on ebay.

Someone from northern Italy needed quickly a PinePhone, he said it was for a youtube review. I sent it the fastest way through Swiss post, which is estimated a week. After two weeks It did not arrive. The post office they said they had problems which Corona in Italy, I should wait for one or two weeks more.

Now, three weeks are gone, and the tracking number says it is in Milano now. Shipping was by train. Zurich Milano is about four hours by train.

I decided against the PinePhone because of the high shipping costs, the long shipping time, and the high import taxes. There are other products available on the market which do not have these problems.

New pinephone user feedback
Posted by: Muad - 01-28-2021, 07:17 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Hola fellow pines.

New pinephone user here. Picked up the KDE Plasma, which arived on Monday. The pre-loaded manjora distro is super buggy. I ended up tossing UT on a microSD, and it's a huge improvement.

Looking forward to playing with and testing these distros, and supporting the devs anyway I can.

My goal with the pinephne is to have a DD'able, secure device free from Google and Apple's data harvesting. I only want to be able to make calls, send SMS, browse the web, etc. A usable 2FA app would be a plus.

I will say, I was stoked to see WiFi Scanner in the OpenStore. I can see that being a very useful tool at work. I believe there used to be a similar app for iOS, but it's not available anymore.

Anyhow, figured I'd say hello and I look forward to conversing with you all.

Cheers

Article: PineCone BL602 talks to I2C Sensors
Posted by: lupyuen - 01-28-2021, 06:07 PM - Forum: General - No Replies

Here's how we call the PineCone BL602 RISC-V Hardware Abstraction Layer to access the BME280 I2C Sensor...

PineCone BL602 talks to I2C Sensors

How To Open a Sealed PineTime
Posted by: The3DmaN - 01-28-2021, 12:43 PM - Forum: PineTime Hardware and Accessories - Replies (5)

How to un-seal a sealed PineTime (Do at your own risk and only if all other options of recovery have been explored. This will void any warranty you have I am sure). I am not responsible for any damage to your PineTime if you do this and neither is Pine64. Please also note: this will destroy any water resistance/waterproof rating obviously.

Required tools: Wide tip flat-head screwdriver (mine was 7mm wide at the tip), Heat Gun (A hair drier may work but take longer. It may also help to prevent overheating), Plastic pry tool or guitar pick

1: Take off the watch bands

2: Lay the PineTime face down on a heat resistant surface that wont scratch your screen. I used a thick wood surface.

3: Use a heat gun to evenly heat all the sides. **Be very careful not to over heat. The back is plastic and will melt or warp if it gets to hot. You could also damage the screen and/or internal components. Also be careful not to burn yourself.**

4: Once the sides are heated (I heated mine to the point where I could just barely still hold it without burning my hand) insert the wide flat-head into the corner of the band slot and twist the screwdriver slowly to the right if you started on the left corner or to the left if you started on the right corner. If the corner does not begin to lift, apply a little more heat or possibly a little more twisting pressure (not too much). Take your time and do this on all 4 corners, then use a guitar pick to finish breaking the black rubber seal all the way around.

Extra info: For anyone that wants to re-seal a PineTime, I was made aware that the factory sealent was B-6000 which is a rubbery sealent/glue. You can also use E-6000 which is almost the same and can be found easily on Amazon. Whatever you do, DO NOT use superglue or other non-rubber adhesives.

[Image: IMG-0412.jpg]
[Image: IMG-0413.jpg]
[Image: PineTime.jpg]

Good Cable?
Posted by: foobarney - 01-28-2021, 12:04 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil - Replies (16)

Does anyone know a source for a reasonably-priced USB-C cable with a silicone jacket? It would be nice to have a power cable the iron can't melt.

The TS80 kit evidently includes a nice one, but it can't be ordered separately (AFAIK) and is an A-to-C cable, and I'd want C-to-C to use PD.

For that matter, does anyone make a silicone barrel-style power cable? That would be easy enough to adapt, I'd think .

EDIT: This looks promising--a 2m silicone USB C-to-C cable for under $5 shipped on Aliexpress. Granted, it could be absolute crap, and I'll probably be vaccinated before it shows up, but hey ... promising.

Developing on Pinephone
Posted by: mandavel - 01-28-2021, 07:09 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (11)

(If I need to move this, please let me know where)

Hi everyone, brand new here, first post.

I've been diving headfirst into the linux world for about a year or two, and I'm not looking back after going the way of everyone else here and realizing how fun and deep the linux world goes. I would like to help develop on the pinephone, at least for expanding my own knowledge. I have an interest in programming, though I wouldn't say I'm well educated yet. I have basic scripting experience, understand a fair bit of the linux ecosystem and command line, and am smart enough to figure out a coding system once I have a project to apply it to. I am experienced in the Debian/ubuntu side of things, and would preferably like to stay in that realm because I just like it. I am extremely interested in helping the linux phone movement progress whether by developing, troubleshooting, cleaning up, or even just getting burritos for the team.

So my questions are: how does one get started in this domain? What are some basic things I need to wrap my head around before diving in? What IDEs and languages are best used to program in the Debian-like environment? When developing for mobile/phosh/pinephone specifically, should I be learning a certain discipline, or just learning the desktop environment since it's all just that anyway?

I'm doing research for myself and trying to be self-sufficient, but no reason not to ask the experts their advice on getting started. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Shipment returned to shipper
Posted by: weedcoder - 01-28-2021, 04:02 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

First time i see this.
DHL tracking says the shipment returned to shipper
Do any of you guys has the same problem?

Here is dhl log

Wednesday, January 27, 2021
3 - Returned to shipper - HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA - 12:20

Tuesday, January 26, 2021
2 - Shipment on hold - HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA - 23:53
1 - Shipment picked up - HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA - 21:48

Virtualizing Pinephone Operating Systems?
Posted by: BaronAlbatross - 01-28-2021, 12:26 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hello all, first post after a long lurk!

I am planning to preorder a pinephone, and in preparation I would like to be able to explore the OS options so I can quickly settle on a daily driver. I am hoping to fully replace my android and this is basically the last step in my de-googling process. I do need some functionality for work however, so again, I would like to explore the available operating systems while I wait for shipping to begin.

Is anyone aware of a method of running any of the supported OSs in a virtual machine such as KVM? I tried to get iso files but could only get installer tools and .img files for the ones I was most interested in. If anyone has any insight I would very much appreciate it!

Hooks and userscripts: POST 'EM!
Posted by: MungFuSensei - 01-27-2021, 09:38 PM - Forum: Sxmo on PinePhone - No Replies

Hook-seller! I need your STRONGEST hooks and userscripts! 

I'll start. 

Surf gesture so that back and enter go back and forward in history.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# $HOME/.config/sxmo/hooks/gesture

case $1 in
        "surf")
                if [ $2 = "back" ]; then
                        xdotool key ctrl+h & exit 0
                elif [ $2 = "enter" ]; then
                        xdotool key ctrl+l & exit 0
                else
                        exit 1
                fi
                ;;
        *) exit 1
esac

Ring hook that checks if the number is a contact. If so, it will ring, if not, it won't! This cuts down on being annoyed by robo-callers. It also checks if the file $HOME/.config/sxmo/silent exists. If so, it won't ring. I stole the main bits of the ring/pickup scripts from someone here (if it's you, sound off and thanks!) but added the contact/silent checking.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env sh
# $HOME/.config/sxmo/hooks/ring

NUMBER="$1"
CONTACT=$(sxmo_contacts.sh --all |
        grep "$NUMBER"
)
SILENT=$HOME/.config/sxmo/silent

incallmonitor() {
        CALLRINGING=$(mmcli -m "$(modem_n)" --voice-list-calls)
        echo $CALLRINGING
                if [[ "$CALLRINGING" == "No calls were found" ]]; then
                    exit 1
        fi
}
modem_n() {
        MODEMS="$(mmcli -L)"
        echo "$MODEMS" | grep -qoE 'Modem\/([0-9]+)' || finish "Couldn't find modem - is your modem enabled?"
        echo "$MODEMS" | grep -oE 'Modem\/([0-9]+)' | cut -d'/' -f2
}

if [ -n "$CONTACT" ]; then
        sxmo_audioout.sh Speaker
        amixer sset 'Line Out' 100%
        if [ ! -f $SILENT ]; then
                mpv --no-resume-playback /home/mo/Music/char.opus
        fi
        while true; do
                sxmo_vibratepine 1000
                notify-send $1
                incallmonitor "$1"
        done
else
        while true; do
                notify-send $1
                incallmonitor "$1"
        done
fi

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# $HOME/.config/sxmo/hooks/pickup

ID=$(ps -ef|grep ring|grep -v grep|perl -ne '$_=~ m/^ *(.*) mo.*/;print $1')
kill -9 $ID
pkill mpv
sxmo_audioout.sh

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env sh
# $HOME/.config/sxmo/userscripts/silent

SILENT=$HOME/.config/sxmo/silent

if [ -e $SILENT ]; then
        rm $SILENT && notify-send "Not Silent"
else
        touch $SILENT && notify-send "Silent"
fi

I'm not the greatest shell scripter, but with just a little bit here and there, sxmo gets comfier and comfier. It is now "legs go numb on the toilet while looking at memes on the pinephone" worthy. I'm also looking for some apps hook examples if you got 'em! I can't seem to make mine work without breaking something.