Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,148
» Latest member: MicroCenter
» Forum threads: 15,694
» Forum posts: 114,606

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Moving
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: traut
1 hour ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 69
debugging issue realted t...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: SamCoffee
9 hours ago
» Views: 366
HDMI or VGA From Pinebook...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 09:27 AM
» Views: 600
Pinephone boot.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Richy_T
Yesterday, 08:32 AM
» Views: 87
Ox64 Without Dev Cube?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
Yesterday, 12:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 68
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
05-05-2024, 07:42 AM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 2,454
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:55 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 347
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
05-04-2024, 01:45 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 134
Trackpoint
05-04-2024, 01:29 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 878
How to eraese defekt SPI ...
05-04-2024, 01:23 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 535

h264 hardware encoding on Pinephone?
Posted by: vongillus - 02-13-2021, 12:41 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (3)

Hi

Is h264 hardware encoding available on the pinephone? I looked at the status of Cedrus driver and it seems to me that only hardware decoding is working not encoding.

Am I wrong?

Thanks

Videconference freezes computer
Posted by: cricket - 02-13-2021, 10:51 AM - Forum: Linux on RockPro64 - Replies (3)

Hello,

I just got my rockpro64 and I intend to use it as my main desktop computer. Things have worked ok except when I try to have a video call.I have tried to used meet jitsi and the nextcoud videconference.

When I start the call the camera seems to work fine and I am able to see myself. But then after some time it freezes the operating system. The time it takes for the computer to freezes varies between a few seconds and a little more than a minute.

It happens with both firefox and chromium and with the hardware acceleration activated or deactivated.

I have reproduced the problem in the following OSes: armbian buster desktop, armbian focal desktop, mrfixit image and ayufans bionic stable image.

The webcam I am using is a very old one and it is supported by the linux kernel out of the box, it is a microsoft LifeCam VX-3000. It works fine on a x86_64 laptop I have running devuan.

Does anyone know what could cause the problem or what are the logs I should be looking to?

Thanks!

sd card to lollipop
Posted by: rvh - 02-13-2021, 09:44 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (4)

average user who wants this phone for daily driver so heeeeelp.
sd card not seen by lollipop. card was loaded with mp3's from ubuntu as fat64 to sd card. gparted shows card loaded with 5gigs. pinephone running mobian, latest edition.

PinePhone SIM slot
Posted by: Niek - 02-13-2021, 09:04 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (14)

Hello fellow PinePhone enthusiasts,

I received my PinePhone yesterday Feb 13 2012.
I wanted to experiment with one of the different OS available.
When I tried to remove my sim card it got stuck and 3 connector pins were damaged in the process.
I am writing this post to warn those of you who are about to set up you PinePhone for the first time.
Please be careful when placing/removing the SIM card with the sim adapter that is included in the box.
In my experience the provided sim adapter was rough around the edges and the SIM slot is extremely fragile.
I have opened a support ticket so hopefully it will be covered by the product warranty.
If not for this issue I have to say that I am quite satisfied with the delivered product.

PinePower 120W availability
Posted by: f0ff - 02-13-2021, 06:18 AM - Forum: General - No Replies

Hi,
Does anyone know when pinepower 120W will be available again?

PBP won't power. Charge light solid orange/red but turns off.
Posted by: cmicallef - 02-13-2021, 04:51 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (15)

Hello,

Not sure if anyone has experienced this problem before.

I was working on my near new PBP (3rd or 4th use). It suddenly turned off during use. I haven't been able to turn it back on.

It doesn't turn back on after a short or long press of the power button. Power light doesn't come on at all.

If I plug in the barrel charger, the red/orange light comes on solid but turns off after a minute or two. USB-C charging does the same.

The eMMC seems to be mounted properly. Checked the eMMC switch too.

Reset switch does nothing.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery also does nothing.

Any other ideas?

Thanks Smile

Powerbutton
Posted by: mmd604 - 02-12-2021, 11:22 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (5)

There is a delay when you hold down the power button on powering off pinephone. I think its about 6 seconds on Mobian.  I would like to change the delay.  Where can I configure that feature

OV5640 camera module reg read error
Posted by: FrancisTheodoreCat - 02-12-2021, 09:13 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PineCube - Replies (7)

Got my PineCube today, and ran into a snag getting the camera working.

I'm running the latest Armbian Focal build (21.02.1 on kernel 5.10.12-sunxi), and whenever I try and access the camera module, whether via ffmpeg or gstreamer, I get the following errors in the syslog:

Quote:[ 2518.009350] ov5640 1-003c: ov5640_read_reg: error: reg=300a
[ 2518.014994] ov5640 1-003c: ov5640_set_power_on: failed to read chip identifier

Also happens about 13 seconds after boot.

Checked the CSI cable, and it seems to be properly seated on both ends. Any ideas?

(I think I got the cedar hardware H264 acceleration gstreamer plugin working, but this kinda derailed any actual testing.)

Trying to diagnose what's wrong...
Posted by: m16a1 - 02-12-2021, 07:53 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Hello. 

I got a PinePhone a few weeks ago and haven't had any luck getting it activated. 

I added the phone to my Tello account and requested a GSM sim card. Tello runs on Sprint CDMA and T-Mobile GSM, so I figured the T-Mobile side might work. 

Put the card in, went through the online registration process and was immediately told to call Customer Service. 

3 calls, 2 chats and 10 email exchanges later, still no joy. I've combed forums trying to figure out what to try next and I'm pretty much at my wit's end. 

Running Manjaro Phosh B5 installed on the eMMC, phone was originally a KDE Plasma edition, but that install got hosed on day 1...lol. At the current time, nothing is working...calls, texts, data, etc. I should have access to all of these in my Tello account, which is paid up. 

I have also downloaded the Multi Boot and tried several different systems, no joy. 

I keep getting a message in Modem Manager that says "Modem must be registered in mobile network to connect to Internet." Occasionally, I will get a flurry of activity in which the status bar at the top flashes either "4G" or "3G" on and off, very quickly, for about 3-4 seconds, then the bars disappear and the 3G/4G goes away. 

Changing the APN does nothing. I've pulled and reinserted the sim, restarted the phone, turned the phone on and off 100 times. 

I'm open to suggestions!

KDE Plasma No Navigation??
Posted by: Acordag2 - 02-12-2021, 06:16 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I recently got my Pinephone, with KDE Plasma, and it my be down to my relative noobness with mobile Linux distros, but I have no navigation buttons, ie. back, or home or anything, I'm stuck having to reset the phone after opening an app in order to open a different app, I'm I just dense or is there something wrong.