Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,107
» Latest member: Linuxuser3
» Forum threads: 15,678
» Forum posts: 114,544

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
6 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 55
google will take control ...
Forum: General
Last Post: zetabeta
36 minutes ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,203
Help needed to understand...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: jojuma
54 minutes ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 130
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: diederik
4 hours ago
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,076
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
4 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,847
AI posts
Forum: General
Last Post: TRS-80
Yesterday, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 992
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: TRS-80
Yesterday, 02:22 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 619
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
Yesterday, 06:35 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 166
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 05:56 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 586
Heart Rate Monitoring
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: Ccssid
Yesterday, 01:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 41

Powerbutton
Posted by: mmd604 - 02-12-2021, 11:22 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (5)

There is a delay when you hold down the power button on powering off pinephone. I think its about 6 seconds on Mobian.  I would like to change the delay.  Where can I configure that feature

OV5640 camera module reg read error
Posted by: FrancisTheodoreCat - 02-12-2021, 09:13 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PineCube - Replies (7)

Got my PineCube today, and ran into a snag getting the camera working.

I'm running the latest Armbian Focal build (21.02.1 on kernel 5.10.12-sunxi), and whenever I try and access the camera module, whether via ffmpeg or gstreamer, I get the following errors in the syslog:

Quote:[ 2518.009350] ov5640 1-003c: ov5640_read_reg: error: reg=300a
[ 2518.014994] ov5640 1-003c: ov5640_set_power_on: failed to read chip identifier

Also happens about 13 seconds after boot.

Checked the CSI cable, and it seems to be properly seated on both ends. Any ideas?

(I think I got the cedar hardware H264 acceleration gstreamer plugin working, but this kinda derailed any actual testing.)

Trying to diagnose what's wrong...
Posted by: m16a1 - 02-12-2021, 07:53 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Hello. 

I got a PinePhone a few weeks ago and haven't had any luck getting it activated. 

I added the phone to my Tello account and requested a GSM sim card. Tello runs on Sprint CDMA and T-Mobile GSM, so I figured the T-Mobile side might work. 

Put the card in, went through the online registration process and was immediately told to call Customer Service. 

3 calls, 2 chats and 10 email exchanges later, still no joy. I've combed forums trying to figure out what to try next and I'm pretty much at my wit's end. 

Running Manjaro Phosh B5 installed on the eMMC, phone was originally a KDE Plasma edition, but that install got hosed on day 1...lol. At the current time, nothing is working...calls, texts, data, etc. I should have access to all of these in my Tello account, which is paid up. 

I have also downloaded the Multi Boot and tried several different systems, no joy. 

I keep getting a message in Modem Manager that says "Modem must be registered in mobile network to connect to Internet." Occasionally, I will get a flurry of activity in which the status bar at the top flashes either "4G" or "3G" on and off, very quickly, for about 3-4 seconds, then the bars disappear and the 3G/4G goes away. 

Changing the APN does nothing. I've pulled and reinserted the sim, restarted the phone, turned the phone on and off 100 times. 

I'm open to suggestions!

KDE Plasma No Navigation??
Posted by: Acordag2 - 02-12-2021, 06:16 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I recently got my Pinephone, with KDE Plasma, and it my be down to my relative noobness with mobile Linux distros, but I have no navigation buttons, ie. back, or home or anything, I'm stuck having to reset the phone after opening an app in order to open a different app, I'm I just dense or is there something wrong.

Hosting a website on a PinePhone, etc.
Posted by: a-l - 02-12-2021, 06:09 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (19)

Hi everybody,

I'm new here, and have a few questions:

1. My hope is to have the PinePhone be my ONLY device, just making a few voice calls, and hosting a website on it using NGINX or Apache 
    at the SAME time using the cellular modem, NOT WiFi. Before you say this is crazy - I'm at home (in the U.S.) almost all the time, but have a great
    connection using a Verizon unlimited voice/data plan. I'd just like to try it out - it would be cool if it works, don't you think? Does anyone know for
    sure if the PinePhone (preferably the Convergence package with more memory, etc.) will be able to handle this?

2. Is the PinePhone actually available? I've emailed the Sales Dept., but got no response. On the PineStore, it shows the EU edition only - being in the U.S.,
    would it be wrong for me to get that? And does it matter whether it is the Mobian, KDE, or Manjaro version?

3. Since the PinePhone is not an "officially supported" Verizon phone, would I be able to just take out the Sim card of my current phone (an iPhone)
    and put it in the PinePhone and have it work?

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Pinebook Pro for sale - Europe (Poland) - SOLD
Posted by: as400 - 02-12-2021, 01:14 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (8)

Since I'm starting new project I want to sell my Pinebook Pro.

The machine is from second batch. Very nice win on silicon lottery - runs happily with: big cores - 2.18GHz, small cores - 1.7GHz with absolutely no errors (hundreds of compilations done without an error).

I have also installed externally accessible UART so you don't have to dismantle the thing everytime there is a need for some debugging ( somewhere on the forum there's a thread about it ). It will also come with a USB-A to barrel cable, (since it will charge the thing faster. I am using USB-C/USB-A charger 65W) and NVME drive adapter.

I paid 260 USD for it with all the customs. Now I want 200 USD + shipping charges.

I have also barely used Pinephone 3GB (Manjaro edition) for sale.

Photos :

[Image: CE29K7s.jpg]

[Image: sI4vcdK.jpg]

[Image: zBeYnPg.jpeg]

I am stuck, When in Terminal, unable to enter a password
Posted by: Whio84 - 02-12-2021, 01:08 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (3)

Hi,
    The following is on a Pinephone with Manjaro
I get into Terminal and start entering,
I hit the enter icon,
It then ask's for a password.

At the point - no matter what keys are tried, nothing appears on the screen

The only password I have so far is for the lockscreen,
which I changed not long after getting the phone.

I would think it is something basic. 
For background, I use Ubuntu on a laptop

Alternative Compatible Cases for the PinePhone?
Posted by: Trizzle - 02-12-2021, 01:06 PM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (2)

I just bought a pine phone but I forgot to add the case to the shipment.  I went on the website to buy a case and the shipping is more than the case itself.

I'm wondering if there are other name brand cases that would fit this phone, or be adapted to fit this phone (like cutting stuff out, etc).  Or are there generalized cases out there where you "cut to fit" type style.

I would love to have your feed back.  Thank you.

PP for EU Only?
Posted by: WarpLover - 02-12-2021, 09:33 AM - Forum: General - Replies (11)

I am in the USA. Can I pre-order a Pinephone convergence?

Anyone have a microphone working on a Pinebook Pro?
Posted by: Rachel Stone - 02-12-2021, 06:46 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (5)

I recently learned that i cannot record with a built in microphone. Is this a common issue or does anyone have microphone working on Pinebook Pro?