Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,147
» Latest member: SamCoffee
» Forum threads: 15,694
» Forum posts: 114,605

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
debugging issue realted t...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: SamCoffee
7 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 365
Moving
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 03:36 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 64
HDMI or VGA From Pinebook...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 09:27 AM
» Views: 599
Pinephone boot.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Richy_T
Yesterday, 08:32 AM
» Views: 87
Ox64 Without Dev Cube?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
Yesterday, 12:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
05-05-2024, 07:42 AM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 2,454
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:55 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 346
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
05-04-2024, 01:45 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 133
Trackpoint
05-04-2024, 01:29 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 878
How to eraese defekt SPI ...
05-04-2024, 01:23 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 535

power usage for Pine64 LTS + Screen
Posted by: Little_Johnny - 02-15-2021, 04:28 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE - Replies (1)

my pine doesn't seem to be charging the 5000mAh battery while the screen is on unless i turn the brightness way down using the 2A power supply,
i guessing its using more power then it can get, i have a 5v 3A on its way
does any 1 know how much power the
board + 7inch screen + wifi/ bt module not turned on + camera not turned on should be using?
will a 3A power supply be enough to charge the battery while its on be enough?
has any 1 else had any similar issues to this?

Simulate right click
Posted by: 3x5co - 02-15-2021, 01:07 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (8)

I see a couple solutions for this, for Gnome-Shell: one in accessibility settings, and one with an extension. However, I don't see a solution for Phosh. Is there a way to simulate right-click with a long press?

Disable vibrations
Posted by: 3x5co - 02-15-2021, 12:54 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (8)

I don't really like the vibration motor, and I figure it would save more battery if it was disabled. How do I do it?

Howto Video: Opening Pinetab
Posted by: RTP - 02-14-2021, 10:25 PM - Forum: PineTab Hardware - No Replies

Hello everyone. Pinephone user here, now Pinetab user.  Smile

I'm new to the Pinetab and came to checkout the Pinetab forum today. Saw a few posts asking how to open it. Was saddened to see a poll asking how many other ppl broke their screen trying to open their Pinetab. I know how bad it feels to break a screen. Sad

So I made this video. Hope it helps someone out there:

https://youtu.be/9PXifBrTPro

EDIT: Had to open the Pinetab back up, this time caught entire opening on video, here: https://youtu.be/V-C6JzXhXbA (better instructional demo video than the 'tips' one above)

Working modem?
Posted by: Barugon - 02-14-2021, 10:17 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (34)

I tried all the phosh distributions and couldn't get the modem to connect reliably. It would maybe show 3G and receiving calls/texts was questionable. I read about updating the modem firmware on the wiki page, found that my modem's firmware was out of date and updated it. Now it says that it connects 4G but I cannot access the internet at all (I haven't even tried calls/texts with the new firmware).

The rest of the phone works good enough for me to actually use it (even the camera works). I'd really like to use the pinephone but not having a working modem won't cut it. Any suggestions?

Chromium now usable with a patch
Posted by: jmorris - 02-14-2021, 04:11 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (5)

Progress is ongoing.  Chromium is this >< close to working.  You can either wait for the devels to finish it up the right way or do this one weird trick today.  (Edge channel only?)

Create /etc/chromium/local.conf and put one line in it:

Code:
unset GDK_BACKEND
Handy for sites that Firefox barfs on.

Update 21-02-22:  Chromium package updated and has new breakage.  The above will still launch Chromium from a command line but the launcher icon is now broken.  Edit /usr/share/applications/chromium.desktop and modify the Exec line to remove the --use-gl=desktop switch.

Update 21-02-27: Instead of removing the --use-gl switch entirely you can enable egl instead of desktop full opengl mode with --use-gl=egl.  You will get a lot of diagnostic output reporting gl issues but it does seems to run, youtube plays video, etc.

Battery Dead on Arrival?
Posted by: mpz - 02-14-2021, 11:59 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTime - Replies (9)

Hi everyone, 

just got my pinetime (open) yesterday. Wouldn't turn on, so I tried attaching to the charging base (2.4A outlet) and it powers on, staying on momentarily after removing from the base. This made me think the battery might just be dead so I let it charge for the afternoon, but it still won't turn on when detached from a power source. 

Is there something I'm supposed to do first for it to work properly? Any tests I should run to diagnose the situation? Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Mobian phone app update 2-14
Posted by: mw4jet - 02-14-2021, 11:19 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (8)

I am running mobian-pinphone-phosh-20210202.img
Today I received a system update through the phone GUI and a calling app update. Huge improvement on call quality. 

I have postmarketOS edition PinePhone.

Galaxy J3 Luna
Posted by: WarpLover - 02-14-2021, 10:01 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - No Replies

Wish I could put one of these pinephone OSs on my POS phone. I've seen my model described as an engineering hack, so no one ever made an alternate ROM for it.

What distro should I try right now?
Posted by: dan640 - 02-14-2021, 06:21 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (1)

I got a postmarketOS generation phone, had a little play but haven't done much with it since. 

Its hard to keep track of the state of the various distros.. What distro(s) should I try now/next? I would like to have a shell, browser and phone/sms.

TIA for recommendations.