Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,110
» Latest member: kevev
» Forum threads: 15,681
» Forum posts: 114,548

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
cable modem open source
Last Post: aular
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
10 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 33
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
Yesterday, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 68
google will take control ...
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,218
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
Yesterday, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 135
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:47 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,100
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:40 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,875
AI posts
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 999
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 02:22 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 632

Lost internal earpiece
Posted by: Veraendert - 02-04-2022, 10:10 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (3)

Hi everybody. It's been a while but i now have reactivated my PP. Sadly, somewhere along the way, i seem to have lost the internal earpiece. Not in the "oh, there must be some misconfiguration"-way. The piece itself is gone missing. I already bought a new screen but that doesn't include the internal earpeace. Does anyone happen to know which spare part i should grab? It doesn't seem to be available from the store. Thanks in advance.

Keyboard Case Not Typing in Mobian
Posted by: thismarty - 02-04-2022, 09:31 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories - Replies (5)

Keystrokes on my keyboard case are registered on my PPP in Manjaro BUT keystrokes are not registered on the official PPP build of Mobian (January 16 daily).

Since Mobian is listed as one of the OS's that should support typing on the keyboard case, I assume it should work.

I've ...

1.  Updated, upgraded, dist-upgraded, and re-flash the SD card

2.  I've re-seated the keyboard

3.  I've POGO-shimmed the keyboard

Yet no matter what, Mobian doesn't seem to hear my keystrokes from the keyboard, while (notably) Manajaro does.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Keyboard Not Charging PPP
Posted by: thismarty - 02-04-2022, 09:25 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories - Replies (7)

My keyboard doesn't seem to be able to charge my phone.

Here are some data points:

1.  I've pressed the button - quickly, held it for 20 seconds to shut it down, pressed quickly again, and various other combinations. 

2.  I see the charging bolt in the battery icon in the GUI (in both Manjaro and Mobian).

3.  The Power panel in the OS Settings indicates that the second battery is there (but at 0%).

4.  The phone discharges its battery at the same rate with or without the keyboard attached.

5.  I tried the shim trick.

6.  I've tried several properly-rated chargers directly in the keyboard USB-C port.

7.  I've not made the mistake of plugging a charger into the phone whilst it is seated in the keyboard case.

It would appear that the root problem is that the keyboard simply won't charge.  It seems to be present electronically and recognized by the OS, but just empty - despite my having 'charged' it.

Any suggestions?

soundcard pinephone mobian
Posted by: benedikt55 - 02-04-2022, 07:55 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (4)

hi, I'm new here and more and more happy with my pinephone, just awaitng the keyboard next days.
I'm using the phone as my daily driver and even the camera is somehow charming.......having its own character.....
I' m a DJ( ....exp. rock, noiserock......) and have the pinephone used for DJing, which is running quite o.k., due to Lollypop and the docking- board.
Now I'm wondering if it is possible to connect an external soundcard to the pinephone?
Which one you would recommend.......a real good one?
Thank you!

Guide to power off the Pinephone on low battery
Posted by: Ulfnic - 02-04-2022, 05:29 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I wrote a low-power-off BASH script for the Pinephone and Pinephone Pro to help prevent over-discharge by forcing a power-off below a certain capacity.

It loops through all power sources the kernel is aware of and enforces a minimum capacity rule that powers off the system if a battery is below a certain threshold (default: 5%) and not charging.

It just needs something to run it every minute. I've included a Systemd setup guide but OpenRC (PostmarketOS), chron, ect will work just as well.

Guide here: https://discourse.destinationlinux.netwo...ttery/4789

Enjoy Smile

Guide to power off the Pinephone Pro on low battery
Posted by: Ulfnic - 02-04-2022, 05:27 AM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (5)

I wrote a low-power-off BASH script for the Pinephone and Pinephone Pro to help prevent over-discharge by forcing a power-off below a certain capacity.

It loops through all power sources the kernel is aware of and enforces a minimum capacity rule that powers off the system if a battery is below a certain threshold (default: 5%) and not charging.

Install guide here: https://discourse.destinationlinux.netwo...ttery/4789

Enjoy Smile

BT toggle/battery life
Posted by: ronaldheld - 02-04-2022, 04:46 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTime - No Replies

By turning BT off, when not in use, how much battery life would I save?  I realize this is OS dependant.

MIPI-CSI IMX214 on Linux NO SUCCESS
Posted by: zeus666 - 02-04-2022, 02:11 AM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (2)

Hi,

we have a couple rockpro64 in service for computer vision tasks. However we use USB connected cameras, since back then there was no support for the MIPI interface. Usually we run Dietpi and achieve uptimes without hickups of over 100 days. The boards are passively cooled with a custom made thermoblock and heatpipes to the casing - very stable operation.

For our new project we want to move the imx214 sensors over the MIPI-CSI interface. Here is where the trouble starts:

The only image with working camera suuport is the old android build based on 4.19 (or so). Since kernel 5.11 the rockisp is out of staging and moved into mainline support. Also IMX214 (the one from the store) has support from the mainline kernel.

However, no video device is showing up - we tried different device trees from the rock64 repos on github all leading to no video devices.
We also tried manjaro arm, dietpi bullseye, dietpi buster and also manully updating the kernel.

Did someone get it to work, there are very little resource out there ...

here some links:
https://gitlab.collabora.com/koike/linux...1017484cd2
https://www.reddit.com/r/PINE64official/...ux_driver/
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=5785
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/ROCKPro64_Software_Release
https://www.armbian.com/rockpro64/#kernels-archive-all
https://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Rockchip/

https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/3360

i would be glad about any hints.

best,
z

I Need Your Suggestions
Posted by: Larrythompson - 02-04-2022, 01:11 AM - Forum: General - Replies (3)

Hello friends. I am new to this forum, and this is my first post also. I am not sure this is the perfect place or not to post this. But I hope I will get a better suggestion from you. I have a problem with my Chrome. My Chrome browser's search bar turned black from white. I don't know why this is happening and how to fix this issue. Can anyone provide any suggestions in this regard?

Boot Discussion in PPP Wiki Needs Clarifications
Posted by: tckosvic - 02-03-2022, 04:14 PM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - Replies (7)

There are numerous threads including some from this author relating to booting procedures.  The wiki is very unclear and incomplete in helping user try to sort out the boot process.

I will try to summarize it as I see it and raise questions that I hope others can try to fill in.  At the end of the day perhaps someone can get a clear understanding. of booting  Excerpts from wiki in normal font. My comments are in bold

From "BOOT Section of wiki"  --  On the PinePhone Pro the eMMC (the internal storage of the phone) has a higher boot priority than the microSD card.  But, the Explorer Edition comes with a modified U-Boot pointing to the microSD card to boot ahead of the pre-installed to the eMMC. The microSD card can be (temporarily) booted instead of the pre-installed operating system, when the power key is shortly held at boot. What does shortly held mean? Shortly compared to what?  Is shortly a tap of button.  Then, how to know what you are running from, SD or eMMC ( a question of mine elsewhere).

To always boot from the microSD card it is recommended to wipe U-Boot from the eMMC. I thought the above said that the U-Boot was there to temporarily boot from the SD and, hence, removing it would revert back to default booting from the eMMC. Where is U-Boot in the directory structure?  Is U-Boot a file that can be removed and where is it?

When the pre-installed bootloader was overwritten with a bootloader without such a configuration, the RE button underneath the back cover of the phone can also be used to temporarily bypass the eMMC.  I do not have any idea what this sentence is saying.  There is no description of where/what the RE button is.  I did find it under the back cover.  It is a recessed button needing a sharp object (a pen) to push in.  There is an RE label.  What is the RE button and what is it for (REset)?

The button (RE???) may however only be pressed shortly for a few seconds during boot, otherwise the eMMC won't be initialized in the operating system.  This is another incoherent sentence.  Appears to say that you hold RE button recessed for a short period while pushing boot  key to boot to the eMMC.  You need cover off to do this.  When cover is off these is no boot button. I really have no idea what this is saying.

Later on in doc it says --Due to the boot order it is strongly recommended to boot from the microSD card only, leaving the eMMC vacant.  I don't see the meaning of this sentence and what boot order has to do with why one should boot always from the microSD.  A microSD is for extra storage not for running your phone.

I do have my phone running in spite of these incoherent directions but perhaps other won't have to do a trial 'n error process.

tom kosvic

I have no ideal how to get rid of font etc messages. they were not there when pasted in. if someone can do that go ahead, please